Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

If you knew anything, the new coach didn't bring out any new talent several of the kids on that team that are new this year (ricketts, atchley) wanted to play last year but their parents wouldn't let them play for a woman.  And that woman drove McNeil home from practice every day until his mother made him quit.  I can assure you that Corey Bush shouldn't have anything bad to say about the old coach, or Ryan Goodwin, or anyone else who actually played for her.  What happened up there in my opinion was a bunch of rednecks couldn't stand the fact that a woman was winning at basketball while the football team stunk.  So over the last 3 years they began the process of removing her.

825477889[/snapback]

denlron with another good point...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy-Daisy comes to the"New Barn" friday night. I know people have already been talking about this match-up. (8-0) Soddy has been moving, will the (5-2) Owls be the ones to derail them or will the Trojans keep rolling on top (9-0)! What do ya'll think?

825474243[/snapback]

Hey to all those hootie hooters what bout this game tonight....man looks like a tough one for both teams but soddy will win this ball game but it will be a close one, yea i do believe soddy will keep rollin.....Good Luck!!!

There have been many good posts on here, and some may be true or not we will have to find out tonight. With that said and with not having seen Soddy play this season it is hard for me to analize them and their weaknesses. From what I have heard they have a couple of good shooters, with McNeil, but I don't see how just McNeil can stand up to the Owls. Someone said early that, Every one on Soddy except McNeil would not even start on Ooltewah. Interesting thought which could more than likely be right.

Break Down:

PG: This is where I think the game will be decided along with Nokona! McNeil is a great rising star who can take control of a game and run with it however, I don't believe is mature enough in his abilities to face off against one of high schools best, most quickest, versitale guards in the area. Brandon Brown, defensive has close to mastered his game, he plays quick and collects steals like loose change. His quickness and passing abilities have shown up the past couple of weeks and I am excitied to see him lead the Owls to victory. Too much for McNeil, he will break down and won't be able to execute against Brown.

Wings: Chris Foster and Wes Murray can light up the scoreboard when on, I don't see how even taller defenders are going to be to control the outside shooting and passing threats that these two guys hold. I look for these two to start draining early and pick back up late.

Posts: Soddy-Daisy has a few taller guys on their team that can be a great asset at time, and then be in the way at times. Courtney White has seem to excel for some reason against taller posts players. He has the potential to connect with Brown several times and run away with this game. But of course, down low it will come down to the defense of White, Westbrook, and Porter. Will they be able to defend and attack the boards? The answer is yes, look for all three of these guys to have great games defensively.

Other notes: Soddy has a great team, no doubt. And they have proved that with an (8-0) record. Though they have played Rhea Co. I still don't believe they have matched up to anyone of there own potential. In light of this, I see them not playing well, cause of that fact that they haven't played a team that matches up eqaully to them. After some long hard thought, I have to change my prediction. I don't think it will be as close as everyone intended. Owls will run away in this one, leaving the Trojans licking there wounds.

Ooltewah Owls- 79

Soddy-Daisy Trojans- 63

Edited by owlsfan10

There have been many good posts on here, and some may be true or not we will have to find out tonight. With that said and with not having seen Soddy play this season it is hard for me to analize them and their weaknesses. From what I have heard they have a couple of good shooters, with McNeil, but I don't see how just McNeil can stand up to the Owls. Someone said early that, Every one on Soddy except McNeil would not even start on Ooltewah. Interesting thought which could more than likely be right.

Break Down:

PG: This is where I think the game will be decided along with Nokona! McNeil is a great rising star who can take control of a game and run with it however, I don't believe is mature enough in his abilities to face off against one of high schools best, most quickest, versitale guards in the area. Brandon Brown, defensive has close to mastered his game, he plays quick and collects steals like loose change. His quickness and passing abilities have shown up the past couple of weeks and I am excitied to see him lead the Owls to victory. Too much for McNeil, he will break down and won't be able to execute against Brown.

Wings: Chris Foster and Wes Murray can light up the scoreboard when on, I don't see how even taller defenders are going to be to control the outside shooting and passing threats that these two guys hold. I look for these two to start draining early and pick back up late.

Posts: Soddy-Daisy has a few taller guys on their team that can be a great asset at time, and then be in the way at times. Courtney White has seem to excel for some reason against taller posts players. He has the potential to connect with Brown several times and run away with this game. But of course, down low it will come down to the defense of White, Westbrook, and Porter. Will they be able to defend and attack the boards? The answer is yes, look for all three of these guys to have great games defensively.

Other notes: Soddy has a great team, no doubt. And they have proved that with an (8-0) record. Though they have played Rhea Co. I still don't believe they have matched up to anyone of there own potential. In light of this, I see them not playing well, cause of that fact that they haven't played a team that matches up eqaully to them. After some long hard thought, I have to change my prediction. I don't think it will be as close as everyone intended. Owls will run away in this one, leaving the Trojans licking there wounds.

Ooltewah Owls- 79

Soddy-Daisy Trojans- 63

825478189[/snapback]

Good pick and good post Owlfan I think the end result will probably end up somewhere between my pick (36) and your pick (16).

If you knew anything, the new coach didn't bring out any new talent several of the kids on that team that are new this year (ricketts, atchley) wanted to play last year but their parents wouldn't let them play for a woman.  And that woman drove McNeil home from practice every day until his mother made him quit.  I can assure you that Corey Bush shouldn't have anything bad to say about the old coach, or Ryan Goodwin, or anyone else who actually played for her.  What happened up there in my opinion was a bunch of rednecks couldn't stand the fact that a woman was winning at basketball while the football team stunk.  So over the last 3 years they began the process of removing her.

825477889[/snapback]

SoI guess denlron has some inside source or something since he know why ricketts and atchley didnt play last year?? I think not. You're just making crap up off the top of your head! It had nothing to do w/ their parents, they just didn't want to play for that psyco woman!! You must have heard that from the crazy woman herself! I mean I know she has moved up to the big leagues over there at Ooltewah coaching the JV girls and all, but just because she says that doesn't mean it's true!!

SoI guess denlron has some inside source or something since he know why ricketts and atchley didnt play last year??  I think not.  You're just making crap up off the top of your head!  It had nothing to do w/ their parents, they just didn't want to play for that psyco woman!!  You must have heard that from the crazy woman herself!  I mean I know she has moved up to the big leagues over there at Ooltewah coaching the JV girls and all, but just because she says that doesn't mean it's true!!

825478447[/snapback]

First of all the woman is not coaching anything at Ooltewah, Just teaching 3 11 grade english classes, so I hear. I think you should check with ricketts and atchley about the real story, there are several other people in the community that know the story too. I guess she really stunk as a coach why don't you take a little time and ask Goodwin, McNeil, Bush, Rende, Reg Johnson, Bobby Smith, Josh Sullivan, Cody Walker or some of their parents, even Lance Sexton. I'm sure you'll get an unbiased opinion since they were able to spend their college savings on something other than school in large part due to the psycho woman. I am sure Coach Wood will be coaching again in the future and to the relief of Robert High, Ron Baker, Ron Shumate, Ken Smith and a few other area coaches of which she beat all but Shumate she most likely will end up coaching a more socially acceptable Varsity Girls program.

Perhaps if you did a little homework on the 8 years that she coached from 9th graders to jv to varsity at S.D. you would realize that coaching was not the problem.

And btw when SD beats Brainerd again or Bradley at Bradley come back and talk to me about poor coaching.

Edited by denlron

Good post givem6. Very observent as always. Denlron says he graduated from Sd almost 20 yrs ago and had a little brother play sports there. So why all the hatred to SD? Are you Coach Wood? Or Coach Woods new boyfriend? You know an awful lot about former SD basketball players. Some info (if true), about certain situations, that only someone directly involved would know. You seem bitter about Wood leaving SD and seem all to happy to tout your new school Ooltewah. You teach there now don't you? If you had won more than 4 games last year you might have kept your job. Funny you play down the fact that SD hasn't played anyone this year, but have 8 wins and you could only muster 4. You say they have done it with no new talent...well if that's true why couldn't you? I know, it wasn't your fault. I could care less what you did 5-6 years ago, with someone elses team, you ran that program into the ground Even if SD loses friday and goes to 8-1, it won't change anything. News flash- they weren't going to be undefeated! It's the big picture. You don't get that, what with all the petty mind games you played with your players and asst coaches. Hope everything is going well for you at Ooltewha and you got the help you needed.

Good post givem6.  Very observent as always. Denlron says he graduated from Sd almost 20 yrs ago and had a little brother play sports there.  So why all the hatred to SD?  Are you Coach Wood?  Or Coach Woods new boyfriend?  You know an awful lot about former SD basketball players.  Some info (if true), about certain situations, that only someone directly involved would know.  You seem bitter about Wood leaving SD and seem all to happy to tout your new school Ooltewah.  You teach there now don't you?  If you had won more than 4 games last year you might have kept your job.  Funny you play down the fact that SD hasn't played anyone this year, but have 8 wins and you could only muster 4.  You say they have done it with no new talent...well if that's true why couldn't you?  I know, it wasn't your fault.  I could care less what you did 5-6 years ago, with someone elses team, you ran that program into the ground  Even if SD loses friday and goes to 8-1, it won't change anything.  News flash- they weren't going to be undefeated!  It's the big picture.  You don't get that, what with all the petty mind games you played with your players and asst coaches.  Hope everything is going well for you at Ooltewha and you got the help you needed.

825478490[/snapback]

I can assure you I am not Coach Wood. However, if you check the record Coach Wood did not win with someone elses team she won with the kids she coached from ninth grade through seniors. She also had her best player hurt going into the tournament the year she beat Bradley at Bradley and if you know anything Bradley lost in state final that year by 6 to White Station so that team that she coached definatly had a shot to win it all. As it was she took Soddy-Daisy BB farther than any coach has in 50 years there, So as a member of the community I just think people should give her some credit took alot of guts to be the only female coaching varsity boys in Tennessee and to do it for 5 years, hats off to her.

As far as who I am I'll give you a hint I have a track record at SD that has stood for 18 years and will probably never be broken and did have a little brother on the football team a few years ago who was very good.

Why did coach Wood keep letters from schools away from Lance?  Why didn't she tell him about schools that were calling.  I can tell you for a FACT, that some of those parents of players you talk about had problems as well, including current players that you seem to think all loved her.

825478507[/snapback]

Yes, Some of the current parents did have problems, most related to their kids playing time etc, and Lance Sexton was darn lucky to get a scholarship at Lee. Jeff Lebo said he wouldn't touch Sexton with a 10 foot pole because he was a major head case. However, Think what you want.

Yes, Some of the current parents did have problems, most related to their kids playing time etc, and Lance Sexton was darn lucky to get a scholarship at Lee.  Jeff Lebo said he wouldn't touch Sexton with a 10 foot pole because he was a major head case.  However, Think what you want.

825478512[/snapback]

Ha, funny you mention head cases (Wood). I also know starters parents from last year. No problem with playing time.

Enough of old news.........