Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

This game was closer than the score showed. Soddy is subing a lot now and it does seem to hurt them. I think Shumate is still trying to figure exactly what he has on the team. Rende would hit a three then go sit down for 10 mins. Mcneil is gonna be a stud if he figures out that he isnt on the and1 mix tape. Soddy will be just fine.

Both students sections are lacking.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was closer than the score showed.  Soddy is subing a lot now and it does seem to hurt them.  I think Shumate is still trying to figure exactly what he has on the team.  Rende would hit a three then go sit down for 10 mins.  Mcneil is gonna be a stud if he figures out that he isnt on the and1 mix tape.  Soddy will be just fine.

Both students sections are lacking.

825480190[/snapback]

No joke, Ooltewah especially their student section is lacking big time. It is just sad from last season.

yea i expected both teams to have a lot of fan support but the most noise came from the parents! that is sad cuz they sit on their hands for most of the game until their kid does something or gets a "bad call" against them. definitely disappointing when you can't go enjoy a game between the daisy crazies and the old school ballers!!

I agree with deepball, this game was closer than the score indicated and ooltewah in no way dominated the first half. the turning point was the stalling used at the end of the 3rd quarter which forced soddy to come out of their zone and match up man to man. I was stunned by the fact that rende was guarding the point guard! that kid was way too quick for rende.

Edited by HotSauce11

I thought that this was a very good ball game until about the 6 minute mark in the 4th quarter. Soddy played with Ooltewah pretty well through out the first half, but that was largely due to White being on the bench.

Soddy Daisy-

Posts- I thought that Darden and Crawford had decent games. They got several rebounds, but at times found smaller gaurds out rebounding them.

Gaurds- Rende, McNeil, and Achtley played pretty good. McNeil seemed to get frustrated at times not knowing what defense Ooltewah was in. Yet, this kid has an amazing ability to create shots, as well as making creative passes. He also let Ooltewah get the best of him when he got the technical. Rende and Atchley seemed to be allowed to shoot freely and he made Ooltewah pay greatly, which allowed Soddy to stay in the game even longer. It seemed Ooltewah just focused on McNeil.

Ooltewah-

Posts- White got into early foul trouble so had not impact on the first half. Westbrook came off the bench and got good minutes. Porter simply dominated the post in Whites absence, and when White returned there was way to much power under the basket for Soddy to contain.

Gaurds- Murray had his best game of the year. He wasn't afraid to shoot Friday night and he was putting the ball in the hole. Foster didn't have a scoring night like he normaly has, but he played as solid as anyone on the court. You could tell that Foster, and even Murray were the teams vocal leaders. Brown had a tremendous game. He does a great job of running the team and can make a play out of anything. He is to quick for anyone on that team except McNeil, and McNeil wasn't even gaurding him.

Coaching- You have to give credit to Ooltewah's coach for the creative defense they ran, Soddy wasn't sure what to think of it. I thought even ole Shumate got a little frustrated right before the half on the last second call.

Refs- The refs were not the greatest I have seen, but they weren't the worst. Ooltewah did seem to get alot of questionable calls, but in a 22 point game, it doesn't matter what the ref calls.

Edited by GoldenFlake14

very nice golden flake...

some comments:

1. you said that ooltewah seemed to focus on mcneil. i would rather shut him down and make someone else beat me than allow him to play his game and win. so that is a wonderful coaching mentality. right now atchley and rende aren't going to beat teams by themselves. so shut down mcneil, and you've got it made.

2. ...and you're right, even in a 22 pt win, the refs don't compensate for that margin of victory.