CoachT Boards

creekercalhoun

I remember at my school there was parent of a player who always came on here and degraded many players from other teams to glorify the exploits of his kid. Seemed it didn't matter if he sacrificed the program, players, coaches, facalty, community, or the concept of TEAM in doing it.This is one of many examples of why CoachT is bad for high school sports.

I know its fun, and I know there are positives to it, but I know there are more stories out here like this, lets hear it!!!

825476373[/snapback]

Most posters can tell when there's an undesirable poster on a thread. Most of the time, they provide ignorant entertainment, which can be funny at times. Other times, they are ignored.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most posters can tell when there's an undesirable poster on a thread.  Most of the time, they provide ignorant entertainment, which can be funny at times.  Other times, they are ignored.

825476425[/snapback]

I enjoy reading them, I can't wait to get on here each day to read all the gossip, sometimes it's good sometimes bad, but you can learn a lot on a message board, but if a topic gets to hot they can always shut it down, as long as the moderators block all that it shouldn't be to bad,

I can answer your question with one word--no. CoachT is arguably the best thing that has ever happened for high school sports. The forums, which it seems is the only problem you have with the website, are a way for people to find out information about programs they may not have access to do. It also sparks interest in certain things that probably would not garner much attention. It also provides controversy and sometimes that controversy needs to be stirred. Like everything in life, there are some bad apples that type useless garbage. But it is your job as a reader to decipher what is worthy of reading and worthy of ignoring. I believe Coach T and his band of misfits known as moderators do a great job of keeping things in line. Good job to the Coach and thank you for your website.

i dont mind not knowing who im talkin to and i think its good to have an opinionated website like this where you can state your own thoughts and get taken seriously....i mean if you didnt know alot about highschool basketball when you joined coacht i bet you sure will after about a month on here....and if your not sure if this is a good thing then why join...not knocking you at all just curious because i love this site and im on it all the time but just wonderin if your not so sure about it why join??

To a certain extent it is good not knowing who the people are, but when certain individuals start bashing coaches and players then its a problem. CoachT cannot give out any personal information what so ever. So when this DOES happen there is no way of finding out who is doing this. Its slandering, I dont want it to sound like im bashing CoachT or the site because I really do like the site. Im just stating my opinion cuz you like you said this is an opinionated site.

Just because someone has a right to say something on this board doesn't mean it's true, and the readers can dismiss any nonsense on here by just taking into consideration the source.

What was the old saying, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Of course profanity and slander are not appropriate on this or any other board on the internet. I think that CoachT and the moderators do a GREAT job of locking those offenders out of the loop. I know they don't approve of it, and try to keep this board as clean and as positive as possible.

Nowhere is there a better site to communicate about athletics across an entire state as this one. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!

1. Let's separate CoachT Message Boards from CoachT.Com.

2. Yes, there are crazy fans and players and students who post things they shouldn't post and all of the moderators work extra long hours editing, cleaning up, making suggestions, and closing threads that have inappropriate stuff!

3. We can't catch everything and just because you may not like what's said doesn't mean it shouldn't be said!

4. We do not limit all trash talking but we do try to keep it within a range that is acceptable. CoachT has a set of rules that everyone should have read when they signed on.

NOW LET'S GET TO THE FACTS...

1. This is the most watched high school website in the State of Tennessee, more than ten times larger than anyone else!

2. This site provides vital information (scores, highlights, data) for coaches, newspapers, fans, and players across the state and around the world. Soldiers serving out of state or out of the country keep up with their teams through CoachT.com

3. This site provides students, parents, and players a medium to meet one another in with some control and protection. It is far better than most chat rooms around the nation!

4. It is one of the most popular high school websites in the nation! Success may not always be a key in determining if something is good for the sport, but I can't imagine high school sports in TN without it!

As a coach, father, husband, teacher, and fan... I love CoachT.com!