sunbright

ftballfan125

I find this humorous, (this means funny for you people from wartburg), sure sunbright has been in a couple of fights in two weeks, but what you don't know is the other team started both, and that makes us the bad guys. And nobody mentioned the fact that this was oliver springs second fight in two weeks too and they started both of them, and it wasn't our sportsmanship that ended the scrimmage anyway it was the fans from oliver springs that refused to get into the stands and off the field, man talk about sportsmanship. Even if our sportmanship is bad, sportmanship doesn't win championships. but i got to say those sportmanship banners look good decorating the oakdale gym I mean who needs trophies anyway when you have those. :lol:

Edited by rufus22

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call immature. All fights do is take away from the game. Fights occur usually when one or both teams are mouthy or one or both teams cheat. This means one or both teams are not classy. If a guy is talking trash, knock the trash out of him the next play, don't run your mouth back at him. I'd rather be a "coward" then a punk.

I call immature. All fights do is take away from the game. Fights occur usually when one or both teams are mouthy or one or both teams cheat. This means one or both teams are not classy. If a guy is talking trash, knock the trash out of him the next play, don't run your mouth back at him. I'd rather be a "coward" then a punk.

825718214[/snapback]

Very well put.

I find this humorous, (this means funny for you people from wartburg), sure sunbright has been in a couple of fights in two weeks, but what you don't know is the other team started both, and that makes us the bad guys. And nobody mentioned the fact that this was oliver springs second fight in two weeks too and they started both of them, and it wasn't our sportsmanship that ended the scrimmage anyway it was the fans from oliver springs that refused to get into the stands and off the field, man talk about sportsmanship.  Even if our sportmanship is bad, sportmanship doesn't win championships. but i got to say those sportmanship banners look good decorating the oakdale gym I mean who needs trophies anyway when you have those. :lol:

825717716[/snapback]

Refus22: Your comment is simply untrue. IN the scrimmage against Temple, the fight was instigated throughout the scrimmage by your player, his language was abusive throughout and on a number of occassions he was in the face of a Temple player using atrocious language. Then he gets ripped, and it was a nice hit, and the Temple player advises him to keep his mouth shut and your player starts throwing punches and swearing like a mad truck driver, (no offense to truck drivers) he even let it loose on the Temple coach who was trying to keep the kids separated and saving your boys life.

BrODoGG66,

Question would u stand back & not return a punch I think not anyone with any pride at all would not stand back & just take it & if u do I would more less call that a coward not a classy guy.

825718091[/snapback]

What I'm saying is it's too easy to throw a punch. Use the smack-talk people do to you as motivation. Beat them on the field. If I'm not mistaken, CMS, didn't something similar happen between Coalfield and Unaka where the Unaka players were fighting during the game? I know Coach Kries teaches his kids to play with class. I mean, they had every right to just haul off and lay the smack-down on those Unaka boys... but Coalfield showed A LOT more "intestinal fortitude" by beating them on the field with their ability... NOT with their fists. I can understand where you're coming from, CMS. It's not that I disagree... it's just I don't have exactly the same opinion.

Just keep something in mind. In most instances you play how you are coached. The coaches need to get control of a kid's mouth on the field. Most of the time in a scrimmage coaches are on the field. They surely would have heard the kid cussing like this. That is where the coaches screwed up if they hear a player talking like this they need to get him out of the ball game. Newberry=classless. Why did Sunbright hire him anyways?