sunbright

ftballfan125

What I'm saying is it's too easy to throw a punch. Use the smack-talk people do to you as motivation. Beat them on the field. If I'm not mistaken, CMS, didn't something similar happen between Coalfield and Unaka where the Unaka players were fighting during the game? I know Coach Kries teaches his kids to play with class. I mean, they had every right to just haul off and lay the smack-down on those Unaka boys... but Coalfield showed A LOT more "intestinal fortitude" by beating them on the field with their ability... NOT with their fists. I can understand where you're coming from, CMS. It's not that I disagree... it's just I don't have exactly the same opinion.

825718389[/snapback]

Now, now,now lets get something straight unaka had every reason in the world to be angry that night because there was several late hits from both teams and the refs werent doing a very good job of getting control on it and lead to a play where coalfield ran our fullback into the fence on our side and dislocated his shoulder thus sidelining him until the forth quarter where he played with that tored up shoulder. Anyways the past is the past and thats it and im not gonna say another thing about it because i really respect the program at coalfield. Good Luck to yall and hope to see ya in the playoffs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep something in mind.  In most instances you play how you are coached.  The coaches need to get control of a kid's mouth on the field.  Most of the time in a scrimmage coaches are on the field.  They surely would have heard the kid cussing like this.  That is where the coaches screwed up if they hear a player talking like this they need to get him out of the ball game.  Newberry=classless.  Why did Sunbright hire him anyways?

825718476[/snapback]

Sunbright was desparate... so they hired Newberry.

Can Sunbright make a run at WHAT !!!!! These guys can't even line up. Sunbright is a bright spot on any opponents schedule because it is an easy win - and it has been for a long time. My Blue Devils have fallen on hard times lately, but you cant even compare these two programs. We could play our JV in this contest and come out with a victory.

Can Sunbright make a run at WHAT !!!!!  These guys can't even line up.  Sunbright is a bright spot on any opponents schedule because it is an easy win - and it has been for a long time.  My Blue Devils have fallen on hard times lately, but you cant even compare these two programs.  We could play our JV in this contest and come out with a victory.

825718976[/snapback]

Devil this is the exact same attitude that gets you guys beat every year. you shouldn't count a win until you have won it. So quit the talking and bring it on the field.

I disagree with every post saying that Sunbright is classless. Tempers flair when your on the football field, you can't let someone hit you every play, every down and not get frustrated, and when the fight broke out...the SAD thing was, OLIVER SPRINGS fans came out onto the field...TALK about classless...... I heard rumors of one showing a firearm, dunno if this is true. But still thats when you know someone needs an attitude adjustment when not only the players show themselves but the parents help them...That's horrible. And another thing why is everyone downing Cutis Newberry??!?? I had him as a coach in little league and even then he was so competitive. We went undefeated and un-scored on one year after having a losing record the previous year, So kid's or not, Curtis is gonna find a way to win. Give him 2-3 years until the rebuilding process is over, and Curtis will have a playoff game in his future.

By the way, for those of you who haven't heard, Sunbright lost last night to my team, White House-Heritage, 27-26. We came out weak in the 1st half and gave up stuff we shouldn't have. At the end of the 1st have it was 26-14. Something happened in our locker room that really got us going, because held them to nothing and scored twice more. That was a hard game to play, because the field was absolutely horrible. The balls were wet, and every time you stepped, u left a footprint in the mud about 3 inches deep. No offense sunbright fans, but had the patriots come out to play in the 1st half, like they did in the 2nd, we would have rolled over you.

By the way, for those of you who haven't heard, Sunbright lost last night to my team, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=557&SportID=1' target='_blank'>White House-Heritage</a>, 27-26. We came out weak in the 1st half and gave up stuff we shouldn't have. At the end of the 1st have it was 26-14. Something happened in our locker room that really got us going, because held them to nothing and scored twice more. That was a hard game to play, because the field was absolutely horrible. The balls were wet, and every time you stepped, u left a footprint in the mud about 3 inches deep. No offense sunbright fans, but had the patriots come out to play in the 1st half, like they did in the 2nd, we would have rolled over you.

825721153[/snapback]

What was the spark in the locker room?

What was the spark in the locker room?

825721809[/snapback]

Well it might sound crazy but all the starters had a coke at half time, we needed the sugar. We came out in the second half and played like the team we are. Our biggest problem was giving up to many BIG plays. We had no trouble moving the ball on offenseIf our defense would have played the 1st half like we did the second it wouldnt have been close. It was a very hard fought game by both teams good luck to sunbright.

It amazes me that all the things I have been hearing, seem to have quietened down.

Do the parents of the kid, allegedly hit by an opposing coach condone this? Did the film show it didn't happen at all? Has the media in that area let it go? Surely not.

Maybe things are happening behind closed doors that I don't know about, but I guarantee you if a player was hit by a coach here, or most anywhere else, things would be happening. Things that should happen, pleasant or not.

Heck, I am old school, like seeing a coach get riled up and crawl a player in practice to motivate him ... love it, but there is a line to cross, and I think that line got crossed. I think it got crossed by someone MOST of us aren't surprised by.

These kids aren't inmates.