Who is/was the most feared wrestler in TN history?

PUMMELKING

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one heavy weight i remember as being a brawler that man handled people was Duncan Cave from Greeneville. I know he lost in the state finals to Red Bank Dee Parker but just his demeanor on the mat and attitude to go out and rip peoples head off was nice to watch. Not to mention the attitiude he protraied when he learned freestyle and went on to become a H.S. all-american.

Rusty McCroskey-Seymour (I seen kids have to crawl off the mat after being split by him)

Johnny Lennon-Cleveland (unbelievable. Most of his opponents were scared to get on the mat with after watching his warm-up routine, which included a head to toe slapping of the body)

Mike Bowerman-Cleveland (98 lb wt class and benched over 200.)

Both Kellers from Bradley

Rusty McCroskey-Seymour (I seen kids have to crawl off the mat after being split by him)

Johnny Lennon-Cleveland (unbelievable. Most of his opponents were scared to get on the mat with after watching his warm-up routine, which included a head to toe slapping of the body)

Mike Bowerman-Cleveland (98 lb wt class and benched over 200.)

Both Kellers from Bradley

825478456[/snapback]

Bowerman was 1978 or so? Wasn't there another little muscle like him in the finals?

I always have to brag on my brother, Mike Blosser, at 165 in 1982. My being 4 years older didn't help much on the mat, and he was nice to me.

Today, Kenny Meredith may be the man. It's funny watching these young men turn white as a sheet while Kenny takes off his warm ups.

soms

Bowerman was 1978 or so? Wasn't there another little muscle like him in the finals?

The season was '79 I believe. The other "little muscle" was Michael Scott from Hillwood who had taken Bowerman in a close semi-final in '78, then lost to (senior moment) Mason(?) from Memphis in the finals.

825479452[/snapback]

Thanks, my young/old friend. I remember now. They were so short, yet bulk.

soms