Lake Co.vs.Trenton Peabody

mrbigster

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Co. played well vs Peabody. Good win for LC. Kevin played well as did Sep and Springer. Looks like playing football not effect those guys to much! Hated that Theo quit it will have an effect on the team down the line I believe. He is a great young man and would be an asset to any team b/c he is one of the few young men you will see that gives 100% all the time. Congrats to the Falcons on a big win.

Lady K Mr Webb is no longer an oncoordianted tall kid. He is every bit as capable as Doaks. Maybe more so from outside. Also WC has a new guy that transferred from Milan. They are far from peaking at this point. I have seen them twice and they have shown improvement. Don't count them out!!!!!

West Carroll is better than you think, and a legit State contender...

Oh yeah, and that uncoordinated Center has turned into a 6'9 star F named Xavier Webb, who signed with Ole Miss. Xavier has games of 43, 38, and 32 so far this season....

825479696[/snapback]

Yes, Webb is good. But I noticed the other night they slaughtered a team and only the starting five scored. Any good scorer can run up his scoring avg. and look better on paper if he get lots of minutes against WEAK teams! That means nothing. What can a good player do against great defense-that's the question. Most of these guys get recruited simply because they are tall and can play a little Bball. I'm sure there are a few who could score 50+ if given the same opportunity and most of the pts. wouldn't be from point blank range.

Yes, Webb is good. But I noticed the other night they slaughtered a team and only the starting five scored.  Any good scorer can run up his scoring avg. and look better on paper if he get lots of minutes against WEAK teams!  That means nothing.  What can a good player do against great defense-that's the question.  Most of these guys get recruited simply because they are tall and can play a little Bball.  I'm sure there are a few who could score 50+ if given the same opportunity and most of the pts. wouldn't be from point blank range.

825480642[/snapback]

I am glad someone else agrees with me. Big Sandy for crying out loud!!!!

Point blank range??? Xavier has already had THREE games this year with at least 4 3pt FG's...

He has a supporting cast, if everyone learns to play their role: Lorezo Stewart, Jonasson Hawkins, Alex Johson, Cameron Hunt, and the other big guy (6'6) make up a heck of a team...

Remember, WC's only loss was with an injured and hobbled Webb, in their first game of the year, against a very good Trenton team...

I agree with jvaughn and who's yo daddy.... the kid (Webb) is just tall. If he were to play a tough defensive team, he wouldn't score all those points. Last year when West Carroll played in the Crockett County Classic, he wasn't showing me anything. He missed alot of lay-ups and shots under the basket, and he was called for traveling so many times. They lost that game too. So I've always said that Doaks is a whole lot better than Webb. Doaks is very coordinated and can shoot from anywhere. Webb....not. Sorry West Carroll fans, but the kid is just tall. That's all DI colleges look for, height. Lets see him compete with the defensive District 16A. He won't stand a chance! I know I'm probably going to make alot of people upset, but I'm just voicing my opinion. HE'S JUST TALL! Doaks is my pick for Class Mr. Basketball! thumb

LadyK...

Doaks is a heck of a player,

but you OBVIOUSLY have not seen Webb recently. Only tall??? He has THREE games already this year with 4 3pt FG's made or more... He has another game with 3 treys... He was not even recruited to Ole Miss because of his size: it was his versatility and perimeter skills to go with his frame and upside...

No competition??? Webb had 25 points (4 threes) vs. Mt. Zion (NC) 6'11 C Shawn Taggert, who is rumored to possibly test the NBA draft waters this Spring... He also had 16 points (4 threes) against future NBA lottery pick 6'9 Vernon "Big Tickett" Macklin this summer... I'd say Webb can step up his game vs. Big Time competition...

Webb and Doaks are the clear frontrunners for Mr. Basketball right now...

LadyK, Webb is not just tall anymore. He is actually a pretty good. But like I have been saying, 38 points against Big Sandy isn't that big of an accomplishment.

True Webb can step up against the big competition but thats AAU ball. Whole different story.

Gomab, why do you not saying much of anything about Brandon Shane? I know Webb and Doaks played for you this summer in AAU tournaments and have signed to play college ball already but come on, give a returning finalist some love every once and a while.

while it is not a huge accomplishment to score 38 on big sandy, webb did it in about 24 minutes. he only played about 45 seconds of the 4th quarter. and the reason only 5 players scored for wc is that they only have 10 players on the team and one of those players (hawkins) did not play in that game due to an illness. so only 9 players dressed out against big sandy. Also, to say that xavier webb is just tall??? that shows very little knowledge about the game of basketball!!