Van Kinsey- Marion County

Dustin Lindsey- Alcoa

Brian Markham- Camden Central

Charlie Mobriant- Meigs County

Austin Rodgers- David Lipscomb

Jimbo Rusin- East Robertson

Justin Scharklet- East Robertson

Brandon Warren- Alcoa

Coaches from DL, Marion Co, Alcoa, Camden, Meigs, ER, and Happy valley all came to the meeting to vote!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the bottom line... IF YOU DON'T SHOW UP TO VOTE... don't complain!

Likewise, if your coach doesn't send in the names we can't vote for your kids!

It's all about getting the vote out! It's also all about getting the coaches to join the association and come to the meetings!

How is any all-state team truly credible? What one voter is able to see all the potential candidates? How about we create all state teams based on stats only. Top 3 RB's, Top 3 QB's, etc.... Someone would surely complain that the team is flawed b/c team A runs the ball 97% of the time which doesn't allow the obviously superior QB to strut his stuff.

Once again. Complain to your coach of choice. ITs his fault.

825483969[/snapback]

Yes, there will always be arguments for and against a kids on the team. However, that is not the case here. This is a case of which coaches participated. Heck, I am happy that 2 kids from Greenbrier made the "team". So, my point has nothing to do with "local heroes".

As ELA so nicely showed us, it is obvious who's coaches are participating and those who are not. But, this shouldn't be about "who participates", "who joins", etc. This is about who is the best of the best in the state of TN. It should be about doing your best to select an All-State team. Will it please everyone.....NEVER! But, at least you can make an argument to defend who was selected. You cannot defend having only 3 players on a team that requires 11 at a minimum!!!

ELA, you seem to be on a crusade to get more coaches to join and participate. I think that is great. I think that most, if not all, coaches should be participating actively in this process. BUT, if most are not, then why even try to publish an All-State list. If TFCA is trying to "make a statement" by doing it this way, that still does not justify putting a partial team together.

I believe the TFCA would look better by putting out a statement that says something to the effect of "The TFCA will not release an All-State Team due to a lack of participation by coaches across the state at all classification levels." That statement alone should embarrass the coaches. But, now the TFCA is just embarrassing themselves.

I believe the TFCA would look better by putting out a statement that says something to the effect of "The TFCA will not release an All-State Team due to a lack of participation by coaches across the state at all classification levels."  That statement alone should embarrass the coaches.  But, now the TFCA is just embarrassing themselves.

825484021[/snapback]

Valid point but why penalize the kids that deserve the nomination because of the incompetence of the other coaches?

Why punish those coaches that participate? Why punish those that are doing what all should be doing.

Are we teaching kids that you don't have to come to practice to play? Although that is along different lines, it is still a good lesson. Should those that don't join or participate be able to be a part of it. I don't think so. So many things that it benifits besides just this vote.

We can't blame the kids or the coaches and people that paid their dues, and participated. Maybe those upset parents should go to the Athletic Director or School Board and gripe to them. That would probably get the coaches attention. It takes five minutes to fill it out and $10.00. That is nothing to give for your kids to have a lifetime of appreciation.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

You are an idiot! I'm sorry but we have better things to do than to worry about kids whose own coaches don't care enough about them to put their names in the hat! Go get a life!

825483802[/snapback]

Hmmm maybe it`s the coaches who are smart enough not to bother with something that is so obviously misrepresentative every year.

How about if you don`t like people complaining, then change the system and put out a respectable list?

Hey ELA...we all know how the system is suppose to work.

The point is the system is not working well. I can complain all I want. So don`t have the attitude that I shouldn`t be able to complain. I`m just like everyone else that picks up a paper reads the TACA all-state list. It`s a joke. Anyone with half a brain can tell there are some serious omissions. So why bother with something that no one (except those coaches that happen to show up)has respect for? Heck...If by some strange circumstance Gibson County`s coach was the only 3A coach to show up for the 3A vote and the 3A all state team was made up entirely Gibson County players you`d still be here telling us to like it.

Hey it`s TACA that puts this thing out. If you or TACA doesn`t like criticism then quit putting one out until TACA has a better means to come up with an all state team.

The AP usually does a decent and thorough job with their team.

both kids from central deserve to be on the team, helton was a big reason why that offense worked like a machine(most fridays). if you seen terrence scott return a punt or kick this year you would know why he is all state. congratulations to both of them, well deserved.

825483805[/snapback]

Don't you ever learn johnpaul, no one from central deserves to be on this team,helton isnt even the best quarterback in his co. or region, so how can he be best in the state, scott, that is debateable, he has some tallent, just not when he plays maryville

Why punish those coaches that participate?  Why punish those that are doing what all should be doing. 

Are we teaching kids that you don't have to come to practice to play? Although that is along different lines, it is still a good lesson.  Should those that don't join or participate be able to be a part of it.  I don't think so.  So many things that it benifits besides just this vote.

We can't blame the kids or the coaches and people that paid their dues, and participated.  Maybe those upset parents should go to the Athletic Director or School Board and gripe to them.  That would probably get the coaches attention.  It takes five minutes to fill it out and $10.00.  That is nothing to give for your kids to have a lifetime of appreciation.

825484038[/snapback]

Leonard, just like everyone else, valid point. However, that still doesn't make this even close to a credible "all-state" team. Heck, I could put out an all-state team that would be as credible, if not more so. The whole point is why bother if it is only getting participation from 1/3 - 1/2 of the coaches? Just don't put out a list.

Valid point but why penalize the kids that deserve the nomination because of the incompetence of the other coaches?

825484038[/snapback]

You are not penalizing the nomination. You can nominate all day long. But, there is a HUGE difference from getting nominated and deserving to be labelled as "best of the best". Again, make it defendable. This is not defendable!!!

825484030[/snapback]

That is exactly what bothers me. Especially when you are a llittle school and the papers never pay attention to you anyways. How is a kid suppose to get noticed. Most kids don't even play until they are juniors and then if you have an bad coach cannot change schools for their senior year unless you move.

I still say that there should be an All-West, All-Middle and All East team....how can you actually vote for someone you've never even seen play that is close to 500 miles away from you??....these teams would mean something because the people voting (press and coaches) would have seen this player and would truly know their worth to their team and to the sport....that will be the only fair way for those who truly deserve to be on an "all-state" team to be recognized...media coverage and word of mouth would have only a very small roll in the voting....unlike it is now where if you are in a big market you get the lion's share of players voted in.