3. Baylor

4. Soddy-Daisy

5. CCS

6. Ooltewah

7. Grace

8. McMinn Co.

9. CSAS

10. Red Bank

I am just throwing this one out there. I think ND has some young players that will step up this year. Not really sure about everyone but I thought I would rank them anyway.

This is a pretty typical top ten. Not many changes from what we have seen in the last 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
They are north of you in Knoxville 4x State Champs AAA. :D

Soccer team crowned national champions Farragut 2004, Bearden 2002.

CAK, Lenior City, have had Championship teams.

You have let Socccer Championships sneak out of Choo- choo town! 

How are you going to get it back?

I think it started when all the Soccer folks let Pedro take over the top select players and he started bringing in the kids from GA.

Most of the top kids in the Knoxville area play for the public schools.  Where as I think it is the opposite in Chattanooga.

825493766[/snapback]

LoL..first of all I didn't understand a single thing you tried to say in your post....secondly, how is this relevant to the topic??

Good lord Rigger! you obviously don't care for Pedro, but it must be for other reasons because you don't have your facts straight.

He coached 83's 84's and 86'

There was not a push to have him control select soccer.In fact, Chattanooga FC did not have him coaching. He is somewhat of a loner and his reputation must be the reason he has any teams.

The 86's had two or three hispanic kids playing at different times but they had a hard time filling out their roster without them. Two of the kids now play up the road at Bryan College. I know of no other Dalton kids that have played with him since.

Until they folded in 2003 they were eliminated in the semis or finals by the Impact{your boys} in 1999-2002. It was a rare day when any TN team could beat the Impact.

By the way, only one Baylor and one Mcallie player was on that team.

Your bias against Pedro Kozak is rooted in other reasons.

Another thing Rigger...I played opn one of those teams you are speaking of....a lot of us quit playing soccer for many different reasons. I for one quit soccer because it was the same season in school as baseball...and i played baseball year 'round.....i know many other kids quit playing club soccer for different reasons. Pedro had nothing to do with that.

Rigger: Pedro never coached any of the kids you named {with the exception of Kip Smith who played for PSA for several months.} Many of those kids ended up playing for the 86 Redoubt Generals. Pedro's 84s and 83s each won a state championship in the late 90's, I think. I believe Mckenzie's 85 Assualt team won a championship in 99?

But your probably right; no Chattanooga 85 or 86 team won a championship from 2000 on. Diadora eliminated Pedro's PSA 86Tornados in the 2002 state final.

Changing the subject {I beat it to death}, Mtnman's predictions seem right on to me. Will high school soccer please get here soon?

Rigger, man that was one of the worst posts I have ever read. Pedro is the only reason that Chattanooga soccer is still on the map at all. I agree Knoxville has taken over the soccer world agreed. This is due to two factors their Club teams have joined together to form very powerful teams and their high schools are densely populated with good players, while chattanooga is all split up.

In the hayday of Chattanooga soccer, everyone played for Baylor MCCallie and Notre Dame, but now it is split up throughout all of the high schools in hte city. Every highschool has a couple of select players, but no one team is as stacked as Baylor and McCallie used to be. This is the reason for the collapse of high school dominance in Chattanooga.

Club soccer is very similar. In my year 86's there have been two main teams. Revolution/Redoubt and PSA. Revolution started off being the dominant team, but after two years of coaching PSA surpassed them on the state soccer scene (100% due to the coaching of Pedro). In the u-14 state championships we were probably the favorites, but we suffered an extremely tough loss to the warriors (impact) on pk's ( we were up 3-1 but choked). So after that year until we were u-18 and everyone quit we were the dominant team even though they started off with a lot more talent ( and kept it since kip was the only revolution player to play for Pedro). Also, PSA was widely consisdered to be the second (all be it distant) best team in the state.

Just look at results Rigger Pedro's two oldest team in state. PSA was eliminated by only one team (IMPACT), while his u-16 team was always one of the top 3 teams in the state and made it to regionals and did very well there (3 ties maybe??).

In short Pedro is by far the best thing Chattanooga soccer has seen in the past decade and although the talent has become split up, he is still the best coach in the area hands down.

Rigger get your facts straight before you start bashing Pedro man.

But to the topic at hand.

1)Baylor (stacked with talent like Kedrowski Spitalny and BACH, who is possibly the best player in state)

2)McMinn County(Price and Slack are best forward tandem in area.....maybe state)

3)McCallie (Patrick Johnson and Nouri Rahbe are going to make a very offensively powerful midfield)

4)Notre Dame (The only reason they are this high is because of Robby Miller and the fact that they are just solid not many stars)

5)Soddy (Good senior class that has been playing together for a while)

6) Grace (great goalie and solid field players)

7) CCS (always solid)

8) CSAS (not as good as years past losing Trevor and their center mids will hurt)

9) Red Bank (couple of select players that might make a difference)

10) Ooltewah (will miss Golden but still a good program)

7-10 could go either way

Players to watch: Bach, Jared Price, Spitalny, Patrick Johnson, Nouri Rahbe, Fynn Glover, Kimball, Andy Slack, Robby Miller, Kedrowski, Kevin Rose, Jeremy Bradford, Nathan Hertzog,

• 2 weeks later...

If the truth be known in some ways Pedro did sell out the Chatt area, by getting players from everywhere to make a good team , And I am sure most coaches would do that too to win, But it did Knock out some area players that might have developed into better players given the chance.........

Edited by gameball