McCallie Tournament

hespinnedref

yeah, walkenvol is a P.O.S. because he has issue with a McCallie idol. How dare him question something that he feels strongly about. What a cad! Surely, his love for the sport can not contend with that of a coach, no way! Walkenvol, please turn in your singlet and headgear, and join the football guys. :huh:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMC

I agree w/ Tex on this one. :huh:

Anyway. MLK did not say THE Top 5 from each state. He said the top 5 from each state that ATTENDED the McCallie Invitational.

Oh yea...What happened to your boy Waller?    Mr. Waller meet Mr Felix

825492803[/snapback]

I would have to back RMC about Waller, when he is healthy he is possibly the best in Ga. He was limping aroun at McCallie and I think he may have forfeited out. up untill then he looked good even on 1 leg.

"yeah, walkenvol is a P.O.S. because he has issue with a McCallie idol. How dare him question something that he feels strongly about. What a cad! Surely, his love for the sport can not contend with that of a coach, no way! Walkenvol, please turn in your singlet and headgear, and join the football guys."

1. What is POS?

2. Read my post, idiot. I made no personal attack, only an observation. Obviously walkenvol cares about wrestling, and I thanked him for that and his work.

"yeah, walkenvol is a P.O.S. because he has issue with a McCallie idol. How dare him question something that he feels strongly about. What a cad! Surely, his love for the sport can not contend with that of a coach, no way! Walkenvol, please turn in your singlet and headgear, and join the football guys."

1. What is POS?

2. Read my post, idiot. I made no personal attack, only an observation. Obviously walkenvol cares about wrestling, and I thanked him for that and his work.

825493024[/snapback]

idiot? why the name calling? I obviously have read your post, since you responded in such a way to my post. Now you personally attack me with the idiot comment, how ironic. You imply through out almost your entire post that walkenvol has not ethical right to feel the way he does.

idiot?  why the name calling?  I obviously have read your post, since you responded in such a way to my post.  Now you personally attack me with the idiot comment, how ironic.  You imply through out almost your entire post that walkenvol has not ethical right to feel the way he does.

825493069[/snapback]

Pardon me. My instruction to you should have been "read and comprehend my post; it is written in clear language."

And please identify any implications I made about ethics. Do you know what ethics are?

While you may not agree with the coaching staffs decision on some issues, life is much too short to be bitter.  My advice would be to move on with your life and let the water begin to pass under the bridge and remember the good times and fun that you and your family had while in the wrestling program and at the school.  Your son graduated from a "GREAT" school and that academic education along with the lessons he learned from the coaching staff  will out weigh one negative issue.

825492570[/snapback]

I only have one observation in regards to what I have seen in youth events that there is a "Manley" competing for Baylor. Is this Walkenvol's younger son? If so then it seems as if the decisions made in the past could possibly affect the future of where a young man attends school and competes.

My son recently attended and pinned his way through the "prestigious" McCallie Tournement.  I thought there was more competiton in Tennessee than what I entcountered.  Do I need to move to Missouri?

825493210[/snapback]

What is your son's name? What grade? How long have you guys been in Tennesee? I believe he'll find some challenge along the way in Tennessee. It's true that we're not the mid-west though.

soms

Every time Coach Connell is bashed... \

But the father who continues to blame the coach, especially in the context of our sport's preaching personal responsibility, may be setting the worst example possible.

I wonder what would have been possible if in Dec 03 or whenever a weight decision was made, all parties modeled an attitutde of, "Well, this isn't what we'd hoped for, but it's what we've got, so let's get cracking to make sure we do our best and win another championship at any weight."

I intend no personal insult to any family, but by making your issues public on this forum you have presented them as fair topics for discussion. I support Coach Connell as he has certainly earned the benfit of the doubt and did not deserve the treatment he received, but my comments on this issue are impartial. In other words, EVEN IF the coach made an egregious error, what sealed the deal was, it seems to me, the reaction of the other parties. EVEN IF the decision was unjust, the response was not one of positive outlook and perseverance at all costs; it was one of blame and, ultimately, frustration and loss. That is the entire message wrestling teaches. Please continue to do all you do for our great sport, and thank you for helping our state's youth.

825492983[/snapback]

for your review:

ethics

• the moral principles governing or influencing conduct. 2 the branch of knowledge concerned with moral principles.

In terms of this discussion, the behavior you name from the particular father and you imply that the behavior is less than the teachings of wrestling. His ethics.

My son recently attended and pinned his way through the "prestigious" McCallie Tournement.  I thought there was more competiton in Tennessee than what I entcountered.  Do I need to move to Missouri?

825493210[/snapback]

As the Irishdad I know my fans will be disappointed if I don't take this one on...here goes

Most Pins Award winner is Matt Yarbrough (Laf., GA). If sir this is your son he is to be congratulated, he wrestled well. Perhaps his success is based on the fact that he could have been in a weak weight class. Or perhaps he just had a good day and the others had a bad day. Whatever the case maybe he had a good tourny.

It is unfortunate that he had to return home to live with such an A-hole. To measure an entire state by the results of one person at one torunament is absurd. This post was obviously posted to raise our ire. Nice try but we will not bite.

As for Missouri, Ryan & MBA took 1st & 2nd in at the Helias Duals..we can hang in Missouri...again nice try. In closing I would like to thank the state of Gerogia for sending some decent comeptiton to Tennessee. And if I may speak for the great city of Chattanooga the only other things Georgia brings us is cheap gas in Wildwood..good peaches..and punk**s dads who live vicariuosly through their sons ..............Merry Christmas.

P.S. if you decide you want to prove how strong you are and me wrong ...we have an old grey headed guy named Gordon maybe you and Gordon could take it to the mat to see if we could possibly give you some competition.......Happy New Year

Okay I may have raised my ire a little...

Edited by irishdad