McCallie Tournament

hespinnedref

irishdad....don't get too riled up. I think it's just someone trying to stir the pot. I just took a quick review of the brackets and the only wrestler I saw that came close to pinning through the McCallie Inv. was Dunning and even he had some tech. falls.

Hey.....want some peaches when you come down on the 29th! :o

Edited by RMC

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the Irishdad I know my fans will be disappointed if I don't take this one on...here goes

Most Pins Award winner is Matt Yarbrough (Laf., GA). If sir this is your son he is to be congratulated, he wrestled well. Perhaps his success is based on the fact that he could have been in a weak weight class. Or perhaps he just had a good day and the others had a bad day.  Whatever the case maybe he had a good tourny.

It is unfortunate that he had to return home to live with such an A-hole. To measure an entire state by the results of one person at one torunament is absurd. This post was obviously posted to raise our ire.  Nice try but we will not bite.

As for Missouri, Ryan & MBA took 1st & 2nd in at the Helias Duals..we can hang in Missouri...again nice try. In closing I would like to thank the state of Gerogia for sending some decent comeptiton to Tennessee. And if I may speak for the great city of Chattanooga the only other things Georgia brings us is cheap gas in Wildwood..good peaches..and punk**s dads who live vicariuosly through their sons ..............Merry Christmas.

P.S. if you decide you want to prove how strong you are and me wrong ...we have an old grey headed guy named Gordon maybe you and Gordon could take it to the mat to see if we could possibly give you some competition.......Happy New Year

Okay I may have raised my ire a little...

825493560[/snapback]

Quite funny name calling. :o

QUOTE(Sommers @ Dec 22 2004 - 09:34 AM)

Clearer question

If it's Yarbrough (is he 152, #1 dad), he may have enjoyed a match up with Nick Marable also; if he was @ 215, Stanley Brooks of Dicksoncould also be interesting as well. #1 dad may need to have his heart checked out before that match.

By the way, has anyone seen the video of Gordon wrestling a 400 lb. bear? It's true and he was winning before he got thrown out of the regulated area. This would actually be a good one to watch between Steve Logsdon and Gordon. Steve once told Gordon that he beat him once several years ago, but Gordon begs to differ on that one. Perhaps clarification is in order, but NOT with words (could be a fun fund raiser) Smyrna's Coach Angelo and Franklin's Coach Welder may want to join that pool. Heck why not throw Turner and Steve Henry in their as well.

soms

Edited by Sommers

I'm thinking that if we had an 'open' tournament of just coaches, officials & other alumuni wrestlers - it would be one heck of an event. You've got the Simpsons (coaches & officials), Logsdon, Connell, Miller, Gallagher, Welder, Peck, Jordan, Badon, Delgado, Holmes, Deaton, Marable - come on how many out there could you name to be in such an event?

From another post:

All roads lead to Houston today as 13 dual meets rocked the Memphis area wrestling scene.  All I can say is... wow!  My son luckily pinned his TG opponent in the first period, unlike every other fellow wrestler.  These kids needed an oven mit because this was some HOT wrestling!

825493186[/snapback]

The only guy that pinned Totino Grace in the first round this week at Houston High School was Lindow (275) from Collierville. I don't think #1dad is being honest about who his kid is.

Walkenvol, I am a little confused. Are you sore at McC and Coach Connell? I think I would be. How is Spencer? Home for holidays? I always enjoyed my son wrestling him in the early years (even tho Spencer usually won) and playing baseball (we won a little more in that sport). Your whole family was always top notch. PS...maybe you guys could have moved to Soddy-Daisy and wrestled for Steve.

My opinion is that we wrestled well against Baylor & the MC. Where we are strong we prevailed where weare weak it showed. I do not believe that The Whitt or Oddo will be touched this year. I see an undefeated season for both. Morales, Mayo and Bateman all have the potential to be on top. I think both Mayo and Bateman took fifth in weightclasses that were stacked. Personally I think Bateman caught a bad call in his overtime loss...he was charged with a head butt and lost by that point. Mayo lost to a kid form Harrison who was untouchable and

buy one point to a SD kid becuz he just ran out of gas. But he did defeat the Baylor kid and the Clarksville kid both pins (if memory serves me).  Overall I am very Proud of My Beloved Irish and look for to Collins Hill & th FRHS inv. I was a little disappointed that I did not get to meet any of the posters from Chat face to face. It would have been nice to put a face with a name...maybe later.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

825491411[/snapback]

Just had to mention that Morales was really sick "and" injured last weekend. On top of being sick he sprained his foot in his first match and was miserable the rest of the tourney. His parents said they felt bad they even let him wrestle because he was on so many meds, then the foot in the first match.

Matt is my cousin and I know how mean he is on the mat! Outside of the wrestling room he's a great guy. He would kill me if he knew I posted this cause no offense to Coach t or the posters or readers (me...I personally enjoy it) He hates coacht.com....says it's all a bunch of braggin parents. sorry mo but i had to put in a good word for ya!

Just had to mention that Morales was really sick "and" injured last weekend. On top of being sick he sprained his foot in his first match and was miserable the rest of the tourney. His parents said they felt bad they even let him wrestle because he was on so many meds, then the foot in the first match.

Matt is my cousin and I know how mean he is on the mat! Outside of the wrestling room he's a great guy. He would kill me if he knew I posted this cause no offense to Coach t or the posters or readers (me...I personally enjoy it) He hates coacht.com....says it's all a bunch of braggin parents. sorry mo but i had to put in a good word for ya!

825494033[/snapback]

He may hate the CoachT..but he loves the Irishdad!!! Cuz you really do not need to make excuses for Matthew. He was in one of the toughest brackets at the tourny. He did just fine and continues to improve with every match.

irishdad.......from the McCallie results Oddo appears to be a stud, but I think he'll get a challenge when he wrestles Collins Hill, by Thomas Knapp. If he really wants to be challenged have him bump up to 135 and try Tyler Parker.

825494036[/snapback]

Charlie is wrestling very well. He has worked almost his entire life for this year.

I feel that he will be the stae champ hands down. he dominated this tourny. and should dominate the entire year.

His father is an outstanding wrestler and has worked with him alot. I think all the hard work is paying off.

He may hate the CoachT..but he loves the Irishdad!!! Cuz you really do not need to make excuses for Matthew. He was in one of the toughest brackets at the tourny. He did just fine and continues to improve with every match.

825494042[/snapback]

I find that offensive, even though I am sure you don't mean it to be, Matt needs no excuses believe me, just letting the readers know his situation. I think you've told people your son has been ill before, no?