Class of 06

basketballnuts

Were there any girls from Tennessee listed in the National High School top 80 two plus years ago that are currently getting court time in a NCAA top 25 program?

The only girl I can think of is Vanderbilt's Ashley Early out of Briarcrest and Ramsey out of Shelbyville. Where they listed as top 80 players on Adidas and Nike?

Just curious... I believe there is more marketing to get listed than people think.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick Bolus with his Angel Fire rankings lack credibility we do a better job on here than he does and we mostly promote our own girls.If you look at his rankings he doesn't even include Alysha Clark anywhere and although she is a senior she has eaten up Jana,Keke and every other post player in the nation she has played against the last two years.

Those three were the only three girls listed in the top 80 that year out of the State of Tennessee and all three are playing alot in college right now for top 15 programs.

In this year Senior class three kids are listed in the top 80 and I believe all three will play alot in College, Latoya Bullard, Jessica Jackson, and Erin Ogan. It is all about getting the kids out to be seen for them to be ranked Nationally. I have a kid ranked third in my state of Tennessee rankings, Alyssa Clark, but the fact she was not put in places where she could be seen by the people that rank these kids hurt her chances at being ranked nationally. That the important part of summer basketball and kids playing in programs that are going get them seen nationally.

It is true that Alysha Clark did not play in places where she could be seen by the people that rank these kids. She only played in the championship game of the Adidas tournament, she played to 5th place in the AAU Nationals, 1st place in an AAU Super Regional, and some little tounament in Shelbyville. I remember Gino and Pat and some head coach from Texas at these games and not seeing her. It was a shame!

For Alysha, she went where she wanted to go.

As for all the hype about ranking, it is fun for some people and it is certainly nice for these kids to see their name in publication. It makes them feel good. But there is a lot of marketing that goes into getting these kids ranked. Cait McMahon has got to be the most marketed player I have ever seen. She's got the game, but as I have said before, I have seen girls that are better.

There was this kid that never made it into these national rankings. She never got a look by Pat Summit. She ended up getting a scholarship at Duke by going to their camp. I think her name was Beard!

Edited by CPGB06

It is not a a true comparison when you compare a point guard to a post player. Kind of like comparing a lineman to a running back in football. The ole apples vs. oranges thing, but I'm sure everyone will express their expert opinion. It is trully amazing how many so called experts there are running around.