Single A

raynoc

:lol:  :huh:  :huh: Who is this Baker person?  I don't know who you are talking about.  I really don't care.  I don't get into your games. 

As for encouraging the players and pumping them up, HA!!  Ok, I talk nicer to my pets.  But call it what you want.  thumb

825536936[/snapback]

uhhh of course you would talk nicer to your pets....you aint pumping your pets up.... or are you?

Sorry to dissapoint you.  You wouldn't know me if I walked up next to you.  So give it up.  As for you not wanting me to post, hey, I can post just like you.  There is a difference, I post only the truth.  You post what makes you look good.  Sorry to correct you all the time.  I'll try to be a good boy and leave you alone before you need some cheese to go with your whine.  Just joking, be a good sport and we'll let it go now.        Gotta run for now, not to my hole, I don't like holes, I like Dens. thumb

825536942[/snapback]

way to cover up with the good boy part..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooter 20, When Gleason plays Dresden, who usually guards Bailey? I missed one of the Dresden-Gleason games and I think Hudson guarded Paige Hughes if my memory is correct. Hudson is by far a better player than Bailey, yet this post is not correct. Dresden basically has 3 scorer: Bailey, Levister, and Quinton. Gleason has 5 people on the court that can score.  What is Hudson number, shooter 20?

825538450[/snapback]

Sidelinehawk- You are correct in the fact that Hudson did not guard Bailey. Price guarded her the last game and possibly the game before. However, I know that Hudson was assigned to Perry County's Edney for much of the game. She is a great defender. I would also agree that GHS has 5 ladies on the floor who can score at anytime. Riley can score just as well as anyone, but most often she does not have the pressure placed on her to do so because the other 4 take up most of the scoring slack. Kayla Hudson is #20.

I would agree- Hudson is a better all around player.  She guards the opposing team's best player regularly while averaing 17 ppg.  That is better that Bailey's 15 ppg.  Some may say that Bailey has better scorers on her team so that she doesn't have to score as much, but the combination of Hudson, Green, and Wiseman is averaging more points than Bailey, Quinton, and Levister of DHS. Also, Gleason's Price is averaging over 9 ppg while the other three Lady Dawgs are in double digits.  My vote is for Hudson, even if she is a sophomore.  She is very consistent and can have a huge night any night she plays.  Don't allow Bailey to shoot the three and you take away most of her game.  Kayla is a more multi-dimensional player, especially at the point.

825538358[/snapback]

shooter 20, good take on all of the stats above...one comment I would make...I believe that it is #14 who seems to guard most of the best players on opposing teams. I nosed around today and found that she has guarded Anna Trull from McKenzie, Casey Bailey from Dresden, Becky Atnip from Greenfield, Brook Harris from South Fulton, and Courtney Henson from Huntingdon. Seems to me that Gleason's big defense player is this # 14...Which player is # 14? I never got a reply on Kayla's number so I may be talking about her. Please respond...thanks!

shooter 20...in reading your reply to sidelinehawk, I want to correct one statement. I heard from a Gleason fan who was at that game that Hudson did not guard Edney until the 4th quarter of the game. I do think Hudson is a great defender as well as scorer. I would also say that Riley Auvensine has shown great progress in her defense. I agree shooter 20 that Riley can score as well as anyone.

825539111[/snapback]

Hudson was assigned to Edney in the 4th quarter, but she did a rather bad job as the Gleason coach called 2 timeouts to ask his team, "Who is the best player on their team? I wan't to know why you would let her shoot?" Apparently, she wasn't doing to great of a job defending if the coach needed 2 time-outs to inform the team that Edney was the only one keeping Perry County in that game (and she did in the 4th as she lit Gleason up from behind the arc in that quarter). However, I do believe Hudson is better the Bailey at the present moment.

Shooter 20, I know that you are proud of #20, Kayla Hudson, you ought to be. Yet you are having a problem with the facts. You said, "Some may say that Bailey has better scorers on her team so that she doesn't have to score as much, but the combination of Hudson, Green, and Wiseman is (are) averaging more points that Bailey, Quinton, and Levister of Dresden." Well, here are the facts: According to the Jan. 13 and Jan. 20th addition of the Jackson Sun under the heading Girls High School Basketball Stats, here are the facts. Brooke Levistor is averaging 16.3 a game, Kaci Bailey 15.3 a game and Quinton is averaging 11.2. Now, Hudson is averaging 17 a game, Green 9.6 and Wiseman is averaging almost 8 points a game.  Do the math! Notice I quote you shooter 20, "The other 3 lady Dawgs are in double digits."(False statement according to the facts in the Jackson Sun.)  Also, you said and I quote you: "Don't allow Bailey to shoot the three and you take away most of her game." Yet if you read the box scores from the Jackson Sun daily, you will discover that the majority of Hudson's points comes off the 3's. It seems if you take away the 3's, you take away Hudson's game.  You are having a problem with the facts.  Hudson is a great player, yet because you misrepresent the facts - Bailey would get my vote for the best player in basketball if it were a contest between the two.  Kayla Hudson is a great player, yet you are having a problem with the facts. Facts speak - yet you can say anything without the facts to back them up.  I know that you are proud of her - but shooter 20, do not make false statements to make #20 look better than Bailey. Both are good players - but be fair.

825539238[/snapback]

I stated in a previous post that Hudson has better stats then Bailey. This is true, and as I also said previously, therefore Hudson is the better of the two. :rolleyes:

I would agree- Hudson is a better all around player.  She guards the opposing team's best player regularly while averaing 17 ppg.  That is better that Bailey's 15 ppg.  Some may say that Bailey has better scorers on her team so that she doesn't have to score as much, but the combination of Hudson, Green, and Wiseman is averaging more points than Bailey, Quinton, and Levister of DHS. Also, Gleason's Price is averaging over 9 ppg while the other three Lady Dawgs are in double digits.  My vote is for Hudson, even if she is a sophomore.  She is very consistent and can have a huge night any night she plays.  Don't allow Bailey to shoot the three and you take away most of her game.  Kayla is a more multi-dimensional player, especially at the point.

825538358[/snapback]

shooter20, where did you get your info on the scoring averages for the players from Gleason and Dresden? I looked in the Jackson Sun this morning and it had the top scorers in West TN and this is what it had. For Gleason, Hudson 17.2, Green 9.8, Price 8.6 for a total of 35.6 points per game. These were the only 3 people from Gleason listed. For Dresden, Levister 15.5, Bailey, 14.9, and Quinton 11.7 for a total of 42.1 points per game. Again these were the only people from Dresden listed. So your statement that Hudson, Wiseman, and Green are averaging more than Bailey, Levister, and Quinton is wrong. Both Hudson and Bailey are very good players and and each have different strengths and weaknesses. Most people would love to have either one on their team. Back to the original topic of my post just wondering where you got your info on the scoring averages?

What difference does it make who the better player is? It's just an opinion. I've seen them both play several times, and Hudson and Bailey are both great players for their respective teams. They both shoot the 3 well, both drive to the basket well, both distribute the ball well. Naturally everyone from Gleason is gonna say Hudson is better, and people from Dresden are gonna say Bailey is better. Wondering, what are the assist & turnover stats for each player?

uofm1, excellent point, however for a dawgseyeview, apparently you have not read all of the post. It seem to this grandmother from Dresden that shooter 20 has tried to make all kinds of statements designed to make Hudson better than Bailey and shooter 20 has made false statements about Hudson's teammates in order to make her look better. If you will read all of the above post, there are false statements made by shooter 20 (#20 is Kayla Hudson's number, so shooter 20 is probably a relative and one of her relatives boyfriends attends UTM. UofM1, that is interesting.) Again referring to the Jackson Sun I know that Mr. Jeremey P. of the Jackson Sun doesn't misrepresent the facts. According to the Sun, Riley Avenshine is the leading rebounder of the team. If you do not want her to be on the team at Gleason, I know her dad is a graduate of Dresden High School. We will welcome her to come to Dresden. We will need all kinds of rebounding next year when our 5 seniors gradaute. She would probably be able to score and rebound.  Shooter20, dawgseyeview, uom1, you ought to be proud of Kayla Hudson and her accomplishments, however, don't make misleading statements about other players that cannot be backed up with facts.

"As the old saying goes, "Granny knows best."

825539424[/snapback]

I did not say anything to misrespesent, nor has any one of us said anything to the fact that we don't need our other players. I firmly believe it takes five players on the court. This was an opinion of the better player. Bailey is a very good player. I am not getting hostile over people saying Bailey is better. As for all the ballplayers on Gleason's team, I wouldn't trade a single one of them for another player anywhere. They are all an awesome bunch! What happened to respect of other people's feelings?

I will admit I should not have stated that the trio of Lady Dawgs players is averaging more points than the trio of Lady Lions players. However, I am simply trying to make the statement that Kayla has a lot of help and still has better numbers than Kaci (just to keep things clear with Gran- I know that Kaci has a better free throw percentage) My facts for the previous post were based on the previous addition of the J Sun and Amber Wiseman was not even mentioned in this last edition because her point production has slightly dropped. I apologize for the mistake, Gran, your numbers are correct, the three Senior Lady Lions are outscoring the GHS trio. I hope you will accept my apology.

Furthermore, I have nothing against Kaci Bailey- I think she is a great player. She can take over a game with her ability to shoot the ball. BUT, in my humble opinion Kayla is the better player. Also, Gran, I hate that you misrepresented me, because I am in no way related to Kayla. I am from Gleason, but I am not Haley Hudson or her boyfriend, or whomever you presumed me to be. I am just a fan of the Lady Dawgs. I think I, and others, have taken our fare share of this message bord, therefore, this is the end of this topic for me. Good luck the rest of the way.

;)  :D  B) Who is this Baker person?  I don't know who you are talking about.  I really don't care.  I don't get into your games. 

As for encouraging the players and pumping them up, HA!!  Ok, I talk nicer to my pets.  But call it what you want.  thumb

825536936[/snapback]

In the CA vs Santa Fe thread that was deleted that you were involved in Amanda Baker posted that lion#6 was her friend from Central.