Brentwood Academy @ Giles County

wneely

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, great game is an understatment. This game had it all, razzle dazzle jams, many questionable calls, and just as questionable coaching moves. BA got the better of GCHS, snapping their home win streak - first home loss in regular season in like 3 or 4 years for GCHS.

Oh well, this game isn't really anything more than a measuring stick, and we know that GCHS would lose to Carmel in Indiana by 16 points now. Glad to see such a treat, and can't wait for the game in Nashville. Once again, I give props to my man Barry Turner who is a great ballplayer and an even better fella. GO BARRY!

Great game, turning point was when Smith fouls out with 1:13 seconds left to go in the game. Up until that point Giles was up by 6 and Smith was dominating every area of the game. Congrats to BA on a hard fought victory. Wright and Smith put on a great show. Next game should be just as exciting. That's 4 Real!!!

I drove one hour and thirty minutes to watch this thriller, both players are great. Tyler Smith is the most explosive player I have EVER seen. I am neutral, but anyone who saw him tonight has to be AMAZED he will look great in ORANGE. He is a special player. Remember I am not a GC fan shue am not a BA fan but he is special.... Ok I am starting to sound Like Dick Vitale so I will shut up and go to bed.........

Edited by hbc21

Great game tonight with two great teams. I think if we played this game 10 times each time could win 5. With that said I was very impressed with both Smith and Wright tonight. The one on one match ups were awsome. Tyler will need to play gaurd not forward at the next level. Brandon will be a lg forward/center. Once Wright had the ball inside he was automatic. Wright's shot is impossible to block. 6'11" and shoots a true jump shot. When Tyler had the ball at the top of the key 1-on-1 he took Brandon to the whole ever time. He appeared to be the quicker of the two player. Brandon's defense inside was great. He also had several good steals on slopy passes by GC. At the front of the Tyler was D-up on Brandon. He consistantly denied the pass to Wright in the post - great denial D. In the first two minutes of the second half Smith tried to do to much. This was the only selfish playing by either player. GC would have one this game if the refs had not blown a couple of calls. One touch foul on Smith in the third quarter. Wright had the ball outside the three point line holding it. Smith reached out and touched Brandon's hand. It was very inconsistant with the rest of the game. The second was the final charge on Smith. The defending player was in motion trying to trap Smith at the time stripe. He flopped the ref called it. One bad ref two good ones. GC fans were outraged at Smith first charge (foul 4) call but it was a good call by the refs. Smith drove past Wright and had him beat but #40 had good position and took the charge. Without Smith to defend (about 1 minute left GC up by 6) BA gave the ball to Wright who finshed off GC.

Good play by role players. Bone had 4-3's. Coffee had several dunks and several trash points. Garrett for GC played good defense and had three steels which lead to baskets including one tip in dunk.

Edited by mikeylikesit

This was a great game in every way. Lead changes and momemtum swings

throughout. BA led by 4 with 2 seconds left in the 3rd and Smith hit a

long distance 3 to cut the lead to 1. BA let the lead slip away in the 4th but

made a valiant comeback by scoring the final 7 points.

Tyler Smith and Brandon Wright put on a show. I will take a little exception

with the prior post that said Tyler was dominating every phase of the game.

Not quite true. However, he had a great game. Brandon scored the last

7 points but was scoring consistently throughout the game.

Incredible atmosphere to watch a game.

Great game tonight with two great teams.  I think if we played this game 10 times each time could win 5.  With that said I was very impressed with both Smith and Wright tonight.  The one on one match ups were awsome.  Tyler will need to play gaurd not forward at the next level.  Brandon will be a lg forward/center.  Once Wright had the ball inside he was automatic.  Wright's shot is impossible to block.  6'11" and shoots a true jump shot.  When Tyler had the ball at the top of the key 1-on-1 he took Brandon to the whole ever time.  He appeared to be the quicker of the two player.  Brandon's defense inside was great.  He also had several good steals on slopy passes by GC.  At the front of the Tyler was D-up on Brandon.  He consistantly denied the pass to Wright in the post - great denial D.  In the first two minutes of the second half Smith tried to do to much.  This was the only selfish playing by either player.  GC would have one this game if the refs had not blown a couple of calls.  One touch foul on Smith in the third quarter.  Wright had the ball outside the three point line holding it.  Smith reached out and touched Brandon's hand.  It was very inconsistant with the rest of the game.  The second was the final charge on Smith.  The defending player was in motion trying to trap Smith at the time stripe.  He flopped the ref called it.  One bad ref two good ones.  GC fans were outraged at Smith first charge (foul 4) call but it was a good call by the refs.  Smith drove past Wright and had him beat but #40 had good position and took the charge.  Without Smith to defend (about 1 minute left GC up by 6) BA gave the ball to Wright who finshed off GC.

Good play by role players.  Bone had 4-3's.  Coffee had several dunks and several trash points.  Garrett for GC played good defense and had three steels which lead to baskets including one tip in dunk.

825515763[/snapback]

Let's not go into calls and non-calls. Tyler could easily have been called for 8

or 9 fouls tonight. The calls were absolutely consistent throughout the game

with regard to calls and non-calls (for both teams). I will agree that Brandan was not able to handle Tyler one on one from beyond the key. However, Brandan was able to stop Tyler a number of times down low. Tyler was not able to stop Brandan down low.

How good would this be in two years for Tennessee to have

Willie Kemp point G

Jamont Gordon 2

Tyler Sf

Great 3 guys to have playing in Knoxville...........  I believe Even Wade Houston could go to the sweat 16 with these 3 players

825515778[/snapback]

That team would be unstoppable. Smith however should not play Sf. He expolsive off the dripple but didn't realy match up well when he was posted on the inside with Wright.

Let's not go into calls and non-calls.  Tyler could easily have been called for 8

or 9 fouls tonight.  The calls were absolutely consistent throughout the game

with regard to calls and non-calls (for both teams).  I will agree that Brandan was not able to handle Tyler one on one from beyond the key.  However, Brandan was able to stop Tyler a number of times down low.  Tyler was not able to stop Brandan down low.

825515789[/snapback]

I disagree on the calls but that OK. I agree with the analsis on Smith and Wright. Top of the key Tyler advantage, down low Brandan advantage. When matched up one on one Smith did a good job of denying Wright the ball. Once Wright had the ball Smith could not stop him.