Brentwood Academy @ Giles County

wneely

The moment everyone in the midstate has been waiting for is finally upon us. Next Tuesday night the BA Eagles make the trip to Pulaski to take on Giles County, who apparently has decided to wake up and find other scorers besides Tennessee signee Tyler Smith.

Channing Coffey comes in to this game averaging 20+ points in his last 5 games (20.8), while Tyler is averaging 20+ for the season. The keys for GCHS will be PG play, how will Zach Holt and Tryce Nelson do? Nelson has been a silky smooth sophomore, but he hasn't faced a team like BA yet.

BA has Bone, Turner, and Wright. Is Mason Revelette still playing? I think BA has a great shot to win if they can get on a roll early. If not, the crowd will be more in to the game and provide that extra boost GCHS needs for the win. GCHS swept the series last year, but BA could have easily won both.

It will be a dandy in Pulaski Tuesday night - GET THERE EARLY FOR YOUR SEATS!

GCHS - 71

BA - 67

Edited by wneely

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both matchups promise to be as nailbiting as last year's. This game is a toss-up. Whoever is hotter from the perimeter and more consistent at the line will win.

Bobcat fans, if Brandan Wright impressed you last year, just wait. He's improved a ton, and I'm sure Tyler Smith has, too.

Guest catfish-hunter
In my opinion it will probrably come down to who has the better coach and BA most definately has the advantage there. thumb

825509940[/snapback]

I agree with that statement 100% 2live!!! I must say that Giles County's homecourt is definately one of the two or three worst places for a visitor to have to play in the midstate. That combined with the talent of Tyler and Channing Coffey will keep Giles County in the game but in the end I think that Giles will miss the guys from last year (Justin Morris, Shay Shannon, and Cash Givens).

Brentwood Acad. 78

Giles County 73

Actually, all the guys really enjoyed playing at GCHS last year. Great atmosphere and they thrive on the "intimidation"! I'll take the Eagles in a close one, 68-63.

But first things first...BA has two games to play before the Giles game.

Edited by itzme

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
It will come down to guard play.  I really believe the deciding factor will be Channing Coffey and Tryce Nelson.  If they have a good game Giles will win.  And of course the crowd can and will make a difference in this game.

825510110[/snapback]

tcross...from lebanon?