Brentwood Academy @ Giles County

wneely

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like both BA and Giles have fine teams and played great games last night. There's no reason to misrepresent either team or taint their efforts with piddly excuses and complaints.

Here are links to threads posted after BA's losses to Giles last year. Look for complaints or excuses from the BA faithful. You won't find any.

Giles County 59, BA 57

Giles County 72, BA 70

Why does no one state the obvious reason for the GC loss.

1) Poor free throw shooting down the stretch, they miss TWO front ends of a one and one situation. Hit them and game over!

2) Poor coaching. Wright got rests late in the quarters to keep him fresh for the home stretch. Also, 5 seconds left Giles County with a foul to give - you can't let a player drive all the way to the rim then foul him in the act of shooting. The players should have been told to foul after the inbounds pass. If that happend BA would have only had a heave at the end.(Of course BA would have won in OT anyway, but who knows)

As for Smith v. Wright I don't think either player got the better of the other. Both played to their strengths. Smith taking people off the dribble, and Wright with post play. Also, they were rarely matched up against each other after the first period.

Good game though, not sue about Buzz but I saw his wife was amused and enjoyed the play of Tyler. Only question is will Buzz still be at UT and if not does Tyler opt out as well.

825516734[/snapback]

You are correct about the coaching. Even the free throw shooting at the end of the game comes down to coaching. GC plays in a weak district. The good players are used to playing two minutes into the third quarter because it is a blow out. They are not condtioned to play four straight quarters with no rest. This results in weak legs in the fourth quarter. Players who can hit foul shots in 1q-3q miss in the fourth because of tired legs. Coach does not sub any of his stars in the big games. This has resulted in two losses BA and Beech. Facts are a loss is a loss. It's a team game with a coach. Our coach tends to cost us close games instead of helping us win.

Edited by mikeylikesit

GREAT GAME!!! I am a little disappointed about the loss but at least it wasn't a blow-out. People talking to me about the game for weeks at school kept talking about we can't beat them or hang with them but i guess now they know that giles can hang with them and we will win in the re-match. Great game GC and BA. Can't wait till the 25th. Good game Giles we'll get'em next time...holla at ya boy

Coach Holt told me Saturday that as of then we will be playing at <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>'s gym. Is there anything in the works to move or is this not an option this year?

825517177[/snapback]

Nothing in the works at this point. Hopefully, we will keep this as a home

game.

825517334[/snapback]

I photographed the game last night and it was by far the best game that I covered all year. Both teams showed up to play. I was very happy to see that it wasn't just about the two big guys. Mr. Wright is a very talented young man and although he was the leading scorer, Tyler impressed me when he blew right passed Brandan at the top of the key to drive the lane for the power dunk. Only problem, I was on the wrong end of the court. I did get some great photographs of both big guys. If I'm not mistaken, I was the only photographer there other than the sports editor form the Pulaski Citizen. I was shocked. Come on guys! This was probably the best match-up in the mid-state. Attention Media: They will be playing again and you don't want to miss the rematch. Only one problem. It won't have the electricty that flows in that small gym in Pulaski. That crowd was intense. The crowd is so large that they have to close the doors before the boys game begins because it's already full. I did see Buzz in the stands and when I had a chance, I would glance over at him when Tyler made a great play or an error but he never changed his expression either way. It must have fired him up a little though, at least enough to transfer that emotion into his own players. Look what Tennessee did tonight. Anyway, great game, great memories.

scotty b. i wish you would post some of the pictures since the tennessean was to lazy to send a photographer down to shoot the game they had a reporter down but no camera man.best game ive seen all year tyler and the rest of the team played with alot of emotion thats something i have not seen to much of this year.great crowd we had people from all over that came like loretto,some Page basketball players sat up beside me.did you all see Buzz's wife (hubba,hubba).cant wait till the rematch.

scotty b. i wish you would post some of the pictures since the tennessean was to lazy to send a photographer down to shoot the game they had a reporter down but no camera man.best game ive seen all year tyler and the rest of the team played with alot of emotion thats something i have not seen to much of this year.great crowd we had people from all over that came like loretto,some Page basketball players sat up beside me.did you all see Buzz's wife (hubba,hubba).cant wait till the rematch.

825517646[/snapback]

Bobcat93, Thought I would let you know that I sent in 9 photo's of the game. They are all of the big guys. Hope you enjoy.