Brentwood Academy @ Giles County

wneely

Nobody is whining.  All I am saying is that comments like...Guarding me one on one is a mistake...only hurt other peoples impressions.  I like to watch Wright play, but there are plenty of players at the high school level that could shut him down.  The same thing can be said about all great players in the major sports...there is always someone somewhere that can 1 up you.  Just when we thought we had seen the best NBA player ever in Michael Jordan...Lebron James comes into the picture @ only 19 yrs. old.  Granted he has a long way to go to be the best...all of the tools are there.

825516367[/snapback]

Was really more referring to your buddy 2live.

"The only thing that stopped Smith last night were the refs (I mean only one of the refs were making all the charging and pitty-pat fouls against Smith , he was the same one that was laughing and talking to the Brentwood girls and boys during warm-ups). Without a doubt if Smith would not have fouled out Giles would have won.And that's 4 real"

That is whining! Agreed? :P

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check out the article in The Tennessean...especially the part where Wright said, "They chose to guard me one on one...that was a mistake".  This kid can't be serious with a comment like that. 

825516308[/snapback]

i highly doubt that brandan really said it like that.. you all know the papers often stretch what is really said and intended.. come on now, brandan is better than that

Brandon is the man. He is good.  But he was outplayed by Tsmith. In the end, Brandon took advantage of Tsmith being out of the game. Everyone knows who was the better player that night!!

825516242[/snapback]

I agree tcross Brandon is the man. But Tsmith was the truth last night. He out played and hustled Brandon last night. By no means am i trying to down Brandon he is a star. Tsimth has stepped up his game. cant wait for rematch

Both teams played great but as itzme said BA did not make excuses on foul calls last season so please refrain from it now. Looking foward to the rematch in two weeks. Yes both Smith and Wright played out of this world but wouldn't the edge go to Wright (BA got the W)?

Guest catfish-hunter
nope the edge goes to the REF

825516672[/snapback]

I am wondering how anyone from Giles County could say that Brandan Wright did not get the better of this matchup. First off, he took over the game late when his team was trailing. He hit the game winning shot to be a quality basketball team on the road. He also helped his team out by STAYING ON THE FLOOR DURING CRUNCHTIME. It is not the refs fault or anyone else's fault that Tyler Smith fouled out of the basketball game. This all goes back to what I have said throughout this season. Tyler is a special player with a ton of God given talent. He played an exceptional ballgame last night to have scored 31-points and shot something like 12-18 from the field. However, he fouled out of the ballgame. Mr. Wright took full advantage of Tyler's miscue and that is the sole reason why Brentwood Academy left Pulaski last night with a "W". It doesn't matter how much talent you have because if you don't play smart your team will ultimately suffer, end of story.

Pretty good post catfish. That ref could've possibly made a bad call, but there isn't an excuse for fouling out of the game. Don't worry, though, he'll have his chance to redeem himself! However, are you finally prepared to admit that Tyler has improved his shot, and his overall game? Because, I seem to remember a time when you had your mind dead set against the thought that Tyler had gotten better!

LEBRON WHO?

Why does no one state the obvious reason for the GC loss.

1) Poor free throw shooting down the stretch, they miss TWO front ends of a one and one situation. Hit them and game over!

2) Poor coaching. Wright got rests late in the quarters to keep him fresh for the home stretch. Also, 5 seconds left Giles County with a foul to give - you can't let a player drive all the way to the rim then foul him in the act of shooting. The players should have been told to foul after the inbounds pass. If that happend BA would have only had a heave at the end.(Of course BA would have won in OT anyway, but who knows)

As for Smith v. Wright I don't think either player got the better of the other. Both played to their strengths. Smith taking people off the dribble, and Wright with post play. Also, they were rarely matched up against each other after the first period.

Good game though, not sue about Buzz but I saw his wife was amused and enjoyed the play of Tyler. Only question is will Buzz still be at UT and if not does Tyler opt out as well.

It's funny...I don't recall all this whining when GCHS beat BA twice last year, by a total of 4 points.  Perhaps those two games were refereed perfectly.  C'mon guys, your team is a great one, and a classy one.  Appreciate a wonderful basketball game win or lose.

Should be another good one in the rematch.

825516359[/snapback]

It's funny... I don't recall Wright fouling out on their two losses to Giles county. He played the WHOLE ENTIRE game and they still LOST. Everybody Knows if Smith would not have fouled out then Giles would have won even MR. Wright (according to his comments in Tennessean) thumb

Solid post MBN. Foul shots have troubled GC for some time now. You would think that they would work on those in practice rather than the off the state championship banner two handed thunder dunk. Last time I checked you couldn't subsitute a monsterous dunk for a foul shot. As for the coaching. I don't doubt that a 2 yr. old could out coach GC's coach. I like Coach Holt as a person, but some of the plays he calls and decisions he makes would have landed him on the bone head segment of ESPN.

We all know how poor the officiating has been in the state over the past couple of years, but fact of the matter is with or without Tyler Smith, GC had a chance to seal the deal last night and let it slip away. I would have hacked Wright so hard everytime he went to shoot in the last minute or so. I would have made him prove himself from the line.

Good post mbn25, I could'nt have said it better myself. On another note did anyone notice right before the end of the first half Barry Turner fouled a GC player but it was put on the scoreboard as player 00 foul 1. Prior to that foul he had 2 already. That stayed on the scoreboard during the entire halftime. In the third period on his next foul it had player 40 foul 3. Barry wound up with 4 fouls but the correct amount was 5. As far as I could tell BA did not have a player 00 dressed. Not whinning because it was our on scorekeeper that screwed that up but just wondering if anyone else noticed?