Brentwood Academy @ Giles County

wneely

I disagree on the calls but that OK.  I agree with the analsis on Smith and Wright.  Top of the key Tyler advantage, down low Brandan advantage.  When matched up one on one Smith did a good job of denying Wright the ball.  Once Wright had the ball Smith could not stop him.

825515817[/snapback]

We'll agree to disagree on the calls. No doubt that both players put on a

show for Buzz. We can all look forward to the rematch in Brentwood.

For the record for those not at the game, Barry Turner was matched up

with Tyler on defense for most of the first half and part of the third quarter.

Edited by jek

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll agree to disagree on the calls.  No doubt that both players put on a

show for Buzz.  We can all look forward to the rematch in Brentwood.

For the record for those not at the game, Barry Turner was matched up

with Tyler on defense for most of the first half and part of the third quarter.

825515827[/snapback]

Agreed it should be quite a rematch. Also for the record, Smith wasn't on Wright for a good portion of the game. GC was in a zone with at the top of the key.

Tyler didn't really have a problem last year in scoring 31 even though Brandon contained him basically the whole first quarter, and Tyler didn't even both stepping out beyond the arc. OPP I can't believe you aren't coming to the game. Thought you were better than that. :D

825513030[/snapback]

I can't skip district games!

If it was this Saturday -- or maybe even Wednesday -- I'd try to make it happen, but I just can't miss a district game.

The only defense to play on Wright is to deny him the ball so with that said Tyler played great defense on him. Smith was clearly the most dominating of the two last night . While Wright might have scored more points the last 7-10 was when Smith had fouled out.The only thing that stopped Smith last night were the refs (I mean only one of the refs were making all the charging and pitty-pat fouls against Smith , he was the same one that was laughing and talking to the Brentwood girls and boys during warm-ups). Without a doubt if Smith would not have fouled out Giles would have won.And that's 4 real thumb

The only defense to play on Wright is to deny him the ball so with that said Tyler played great defense on him. Smith was clearly the most dominating of the two last night . While Wright might have scored more points the last 7-10 was when Smith had fouled out.The only thing that stopped Smith last night were the refs (I mean only one of the refs were making all the charging  and pitty-pat fouls against Smith , he was the same one that was laughing and talking to the Brentwood girls and boys during warm-ups). Without a doubt if Smith would not have fouled out Giles would have won.And that's 4 real  thumb

825516048[/snapback]

Smith fouled out with a little over a minute to go and up by 4. Wright

scored the next 5 to end the game. ""Clearly dominant" is definately a

matter of opinion. Surely, you are not so naive as to assume BA is going

to get "homer" calls in your gym.

I left the game disappointed, but I was proud of the way we played. Sure, I didn't like that last foul called on T-Smith, but it was a great game. I don't really understand how jek can say he played selfishly, he's our star player. Not to mention all of B-Wood's points in the 4th came from Brandon. I don't think that's selfish, just letting a star player do his thing. Anyway good luck to both teams. Looking forward to Jan. 25th. Props to Bandon. :blink:

News flash...check out the article in The Tennessean...especially the part where Wright said, "They chose to guard me one on one...that was a mistake". This kid can't be serious with a comment like that. Smith was denying him the ball down low; however, when Wright did get the ball he was money. But to say that guarding him one on one was a mistake...well, that comment is a mistake. I could understand something being said like that if you were LeBron James, but lets get real the kid is a 6'9 forward that was playing against a 6'4 player after Smith fouled out. Give me his height and one on one coverage and a blind guy could dominate in the last 1:30 of the game. If Tyler had not fouled out...who would have won the game and who would have had more points...Smith or Wright.

Edited by GCfan79

It's funny...I don't recall all this whining when GCHS beat BA twice last year, by a total of 4 points. Perhaps those two games were refereed perfectly. C'mon guys, your team is a great one, and a classy one. Appreciate a wonderful basketball game win or lose.

Should be another good one in the rematch.

Nobody is whining. All I am saying is that comments like...Guarding me one on one is a mistake...only hurt other peoples impressions. I like to watch Wright play, but there are plenty of players at the high school level that could shut him down. The same thing can be said about all great players in the major sports...there is always someone somewhere that can 1 up you. Just when we thought we had seen the best NBA player ever in Michael Jordan...Lebron James comes into the picture @ only 19 yrs. old. Granted he has a long way to go to be the best...all of the tools are there.

Edited by GCfan79

I left the game disappointed, but I was proud of the way we played. Sure, I didn't like that last foul called on T-Smith, but it was a great game.  I don't really understand how jek can say he played selfishly, he's our star player.  Not to mention all of B-Wood's points in the 4th came from Brandon.  I don't think that's selfish, just letting a star player do his thing.  Anyway good luck to both teams.  Looking forward to Jan. 25th.  Props to Bandon. :P

825516249[/snapback]

What??? You obviously have me confused with another individual. I never

made any comment about Smith being a selfish player. Please check the

posts carefully before making accusations.