Volunteer Falcons Basketball

doubleplay96

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain and simple players tend to take on the personality of their coach. Jay is probably in jail or soon will be. Frazier is mental. The rest of Volunteers team seem to play hard but are young. The Church Hill Mafia (whittemore and co.) tried some slowdown crap last night that just proves he was desperate. Volunteer will not win again this season. I wondre why Twin Springs has two former Vol. players???? Move to AAA will hurt Vol. bad next year.

Plain and simple players tend to take on the personality of their coach. Jay is probably in jail or soon will be. Frazier is mental. The rest of Volunteers team seem to play hard but are young. The Church Hill Mafia (whittemore and co.) tried some slowdown crap last night that just proves he was desperate. Volunteer will not win again this season. I wondre why Twin Springs has two former Vol. players????  Move to AAA will hurt Vol. bad next year.

825583057[/snapback]

I just don't get it. I mean how you, a Central fan, can come in a Volunteer thread and say what you say. You guys have a good team and fans like you make it hard to root for Central and other teams. I hope all teams from this area do good if we can't advance. Why don't you just cheer for your team and quit belittling other teams. Do you feel superior or something when you do that? Being conference champs and possibly district champs is not enough so you come on here and talk negative about us? I know and have coached a lot of Central players over the years, but you make it real hard for me or others to hope Central makes it to the state tourney. I hope everyone sees this because it is getting sickening to see some of the posts on here now. No one just cheers for their team and leaves others alone. It has to be a scene of degrading others even when you are at the top. Now if we said something negative about your team, that's different. But we know how good Central is and trying to run with them would be stupid. No one said the great coach Bayless' system of a slow down game was crap when he implemented it. It is called having a strategy to try and win. We tried to run with them and failed both times. A very smart plan that came down to missed layups and free throws. Do you remember your other negative post about us?

Volunteer is going nowhere fast. They are really struggling right now. I will be suprised if Volunteer wins a game.

825572301[/snapback]

I know that you are no indication to the Central team or coaching staff. So this may fall on blind eyes. GOD BLESS!!!!!

PS...... people tend to take on the personality of their parents. hmmmm....... :D

:)

Edited by Stokomo

Ouch, Stokomo........but, he had it coming.........Good strategy last night, just didn't work out. Volunteer has done an excellent job this year considering all the distractions and all. The future looks bright for them even moving up a division. I'm for all high school teams being good sports, settling it on the field or court, and leaving the trash talk off boards like this........... :D

Good post Stokomo - The Negativity is the one thing I do not like about this site, even when you try to stay positive others like to degrade and belittle. 

Best of Luck Friday and on Down the Road!

825583362[/snapback]

Thank you cucry. I agree that everyone has an opinion and the one stated in cougarman86's post is a fair assessment by anyone who knows about AA to AAA. Opinions are fine but they cross the line when it is degrading. And it shows how much class a person has when they degrade another team, especially when no one has said anything about their team in a negative way; and if they are a top-notch program like Central, Science Hill, DB and others. It takes years to develop a program, one of which I feel coach Whittemore has done an excellent job of keeping this young team competitive year in and year out. BEST of luck to everyone. GOD BLESS!!!!! thumb

:ph34r:

Edited by Stokomo

Facts are facts sorry if it offended you. I for one will cheer for any district 1 team at regionals and hope they all make it past the first round. Did you see me at the Volunteer girls game "Cheering" for Volunteer. I am NOT against Volunteer just telling what I think. I have plenty of negative stuff to say about Central too. Read some of those notes. I tell it like it is no matter who it is. I also have coached many Volunteer players in the past that is why I "SEE" the problems. Best of luck to Volunteer! I have many friends there.

terolico,

You make comments about our head coach and our coaching staff, addressing his personality and even his coaching strategies. And you claim to be a coach yourself? What kind of coach are to go talk about fellow coaches and even players in the way that you did, publicly?

That shows a lot of class and respect.

Oh, but thanks for wishing Volunteer Good Luck....................after saying they wouldn't win again this season.

Edited by FalconPride05