• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS to the Top 3 teams tonight:

1. Oneida

2. Fairview--Will host Area 4 3rd place team

3. Petros-Joyner--Will travel to Area 4 2nd place team

Boys, best of luck the rest of the way!!

Oneida weathered a very quick start by the Rebels to win the C'Ship:

Fairview jumped out to leads of 8-0 & 10-2 before settling for a 13-6 lead after 1

At the break, Fairview still held the lead, 18-13

The third was the make period for Oneida and break period for Fairview:

Oneida outscored Fairview 13-2 to take a 26-20 lead into the 4th

The 4th was a seesaw affair as Fairview battled back to take a 27-26 lead before a Jeffers 19ftr put Oneida ahead for good at 28-27. Fairview had a couple of chances to tie things up at 30-30, but...couldn't and Oneida won 32-27!!

As for the CONSI:

PJ led 24-12 at the half and 60-40 late before settling for a 60-45 victory.

This reply comes from #33's mom --

Congradulations to all the teams who even made it to the tourney!!!!!

Way to go PJ -- #44 & #33 on their all tourney awards

The loss on Friday was DEVESTATING to the PJ team but they came back and played their hearts out on Sat to win 3rd. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time that a team from PJ has even had the opportunity to play at this level and they represented us well. I didn't get to see the game against Oneida due to prior commentments. However, after seeing them (Oneida) last night against Fairview, I am proud that they won the championship. After all, they are my old Alma Mater. Even though it hurt on Friday to lose, it will make the next victories even sweeter. I think a loss helped them to realize that they really need to give 110% at the level that they are facing next week. Hope to see you guys (Oneida) in the Forge. A re-match would be awesome.

And last but not least -- Congradulations to all the winners -- even the ones who didn't get awards -- way to go #10 (you're still my favorite {next to #33}) and keep your head up #3 (the stats don't lie), and as for TC -- you the man!

#45 Caleb "Lackey" Laxton has a badly sprained ankle that will be in a splint for 3 days. Should be ready to start practicing by Friday. Should be ready to play by next week, we need him he is our #2 scorer on the season and was the leading scorer in the tourney.

Congrats to Oneida and good luck to Fairview and P/J in the play in game, we

hope to see you guys at the Forge.

Once again I want #33 for P/J to know what a class act he is and how well he represents his school and that his parents should be very proud.

Well, if they have a Coach of the Year Award, Oneida's Steve Jeffers should be the frontrunner. The Indians managed to knock off 2 #1's in consecutive nights. Make no mistake about it, the two teams they managed to upset are very good basketball teams! They will both be tough match-ups for anyone who makes it to Catons Chapel. Much respect for the Fairview men's coach, who obviously knows how to be gracious in defeat, and he is a class act. We should all take some notes about winning and losing from him! Congrads again, boys! Kaz loved it!

thumb Kaz thumb