TMSAA Area II small schools @ Scott High

TheAnswer9

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The QUARTER-Final match-ups are set my friends:

6 schools from the NORTH division and 2 schools from the SOUTH division!!

Quarter-final Pairings

Wednesday, February 2nd (pushed back a day from Tuesday due to weather):

5:45 N5 Robbins vs N1 Fairview

8:15 N4 Burchfield vs S1 Petros-Joyner

Thursday, February 3rd

5:45 N3 Jellico vs S2 Wartburg

8:15 N6 Huntsville vs N2 Oneida

Semi-Final possibilities

Friday, February 4th

5:45 winner Robbins / Fairview vs. winner Jellico / Wartburg

8:15 winner Burchfield / PJ vs. winner Huntsville / Oneida

Everyone keeps to seem forgetting one MINOR detail here:

These teams (Oneida & PJ) have pretty good opponents to match-up with in the quarter-final round. Someone may need to call coaches Brawner (Huntsville) and Jeffers (Burchfield) to let them know the good folks on coacht.com already have them dead and buried, so...there is no need for them to show up for their games on Wed and Thur--LOL!!

As for Fairview reaching the finals, I know coach Day has to be worried about his players getting up for a 3rd game with Robbins, as well as, trying to get his troops prepared to defeat Wartburg or Jellico for a 3rd time--each of those 4 earlier contests with Wart / Jell were close ones.

That's the one thing about middle school aged players (kids or students). You just never know--and I can testify to that FIRST HAND my friends. REMEMBER, the most talented team on paper doesn't always win (and yes, I know that first hand as well). :D And like HARVO says, you have to show up each and every night with your "A" game from here on out, or else.....your season is over!!

slangley,

I happen to know shawn langley--a good, steady ball player and his grandmother, Mrs. Ivey, who runs a very good program at the Norwood Boys & Girls Club. I hope in no way your associated with this young man because your not doing him any justice whatsoever!!

I will agree that PJ has a very, very good squad, but....PLEASE just remember what I have said in earlier post(s) my friend!! Hey, if the Patriots win it, I'll be the 1st to congratulate Coach Hill and his squad, and if they don't, I'll be the 1st to tell them great season--no matter what!!

The Petros Joyner Patriots have an Extremely good ball team and you are gonna be surprised how good they really are a lot of you on here are selling then short and i don't know why, they have showned no signs of being fluke team this year, there only lost this year came at the hands of an extremely good oliver springs team by 3 points @ the pre season hollis eble tournament @ oakdale but they revenged that lost by beating oliver springs by 2 @ oliver springs. so all of you who think aren't that good....you are in for a rude awakening

Good Luck Shawn,Caleb and Phill and The rest Of the Petros Joyner Patriots

The first 2 SEMI-finalists are in:

Fairview & Petros-Joyner

It wasn't easy, but.....

Fairview 42, Robbins 28

Robbins led at the break 15-14.

Petros 57, Burchfield 45

Very good game. PJ was ahead 28-23 at the break. The Rams hung around till the waning moments, but....PJ hit a vast majority of their charity tosses.