Weekly Carter County -- Top 5

osubrutus

Actually, I've always felt this way.  Anybody with two eyes can see the Lady Rangers are the best team in the area, but they better lace up their tennis shoes come Feb. 8.  Cloudland won't roll over.  Since no one will have a posting war with me anymore, I might as well be my true self :lol: Take care, sportie. :D

825549094[/snapback]

Well, if you really want to, I think I can take you in a posting war. I mean, it keeps things interesting, and I always love tring to figure out your new name after you get kicked off! Cant' wait till Tuesday!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To set the record straight, I was not trying to get a game up between the two teams I was just giving my opinion why Unaka should be in the #1 spot and Elizabethton in the #2 spot. There is also no heartburn with any of the girls. They are a great group of very talented basketball players and by no means am I putting any of them down. I am sure if you ask the Lady Cyclones if they wanted to play the Lady Rangers they all would say "YES" I know most of these girls and they are all athletes and love compitition and would jump at the chance. However, someone with a little more authority says no because if we beat them it will look bad. Happy Valley on the other hand is also a AA school and they play the Lady Rangers. WOW why is this? If the challenge is there and you don't take it how can you be #1. I love horses they are so pretty and useful.

by Sportiemom

Have you heard the one about Happy Valley? They now do not want to play Unaka because it will interfere with them getting ready for their tournament!! They let Johnson County beat them, but they don't want to play Unaka because they will be 'to tired' to play at tournament time! So they are willing to forfiet a county game to possibly get put out in the 1st game in the tournament.

And where have you been hiding, Rangerbook? Seems in the past, I've always had the last word, and we don't here from you for weeks. Could it be you are hitting the books, or you have no answers for the storm? Anyway, I've heard you are a good young man. Don't mess with ole farts like me. I've had a little longer to study human nature and reactions. :ph34r:

[

Have you heard the one about Happy Valley? They now do not want to play Unaka because it will interfere with them getting ready for their tournament!! They let Johnson County beat them, but they don't want to play Unaka because they will be 'to tired' to play at tournament time! So they are willing to forfiet a county game to possibly get put out in the 1st game in the tournament

Bleacherfan, you might want to get a few more facts about the Happy Valley game.

The conference tournament for Happy Valley begins on Saturday the day after HV was scheduled to play Unaka on Friday night. They also play Daniel Boone on the Thursday night prior to the conference tournament. 3 games in 3 nights would be crazy when all that matters is the tournament anyway. Season records are meaningless when it comes tournament time. Anybody can win on any given night!

but didn't you have a chance to reschedule the Unaka game and you chose not to? someone had a freshman game or something? why not play before next week? maybe on a Saturday? Didn't you have an idea of when the tournaments were going to be so you would have a sense of mind to not schedule games that close together? who does the scheduling anyway?

but didn't you have a chance to reschedule the Unaka game and you chose not to? someone had a freshman game or something? why not play before next week? maybe on a Saturday?    Didn't you have an idea of when the tournaments were going to be so you would have a sense of mind to not schedule games that close together?  who does the scheduling anyway?

825550206[/snapback]

Next week the Warriors have two major conference games against Sullivan Central and Unicoi which could play a major role in tournament seedings for the Lady Warriors. Fresh legs for those two games are important this late in the season for any team.

Scheduling? The boy's coach does the scheduling as at Unaka which sometimes limits the girl's coach such was the case for Unaka not playing in the HV tipoff or so I was told. Unaka vs. HV was originally scheduled for Thurs. but changed by the boy's coach at HV to accomodate Boone's schedule and at the time seemed to work for Unaka. Believe me in saying that the Lady Warriors are just as disappointed as the Lady Rangers that they couldn't rescheduie because they definitely enjoy the cross county rivalry and competition. Best of luck to the Rangers in their quest for the Boro!

We had this discussion when the Lady Cyclones had two openings, as did the Lady Rangers; but the Cyclones chose to forego the game. Now I'm told that the Lady Cyclones are finally willing to play Unaka's Ladies .... Next Season. Oh well.

And though individual accomplishments are suppose to take a back seat to the TEAM game; the fact remains that Jessica Osborne and Danielle Ensor are getting very close to the 1000 point career total. It would be unfortunate if either came within just a few points.

This will make two games that the Lady Rangers will have missed; the team from Florida didn't show up in early January. Everybody will be lining up at the gym doors next season to get a shot at Unaka. So much ego, so little coooperation.

I don't know where you heard that Elizabethton would play Unaka next season, but it is not true. I'm leaving and will have nothing to do with scheduling, but unless there is a change at the top, Elizabethton will not be playing Unaka next year either. Might want to go straight to the source for verification, but I don't think the philosophy will change. Nor do I think there will be a change at the top.

Well, Harry, I didn't make it up (and not to worry, GLee, I've already had my meds.). I was told during the fiasco over the Christmas Tournament that yes, Elizabethton would be willing to schedule Unaka, for next season. If you are in position to speak for the Principal, AD and all involved, and on both sides, then I'll take your word that it was never considered. But I heard from a pretty good source, that it was a "serious consideration."

If you are the sole schedule maker for EHS, or if you ever were, then you might be in the position of affirming of denying the statement. I assure you that I wasn't insuating that you were the person who told me this.

It was before, only a mild aggravation, that so many Cyclones fans, who incidentally hadn't seen Unaka play, nor have they seen them in a game this season, were always so quick to consider Unaka an inferior team, while at the same time refusing to play them; thus, the hastle over your top five....

....which, incidentally, had no rationale; three returning starters and No Bench for the Lady Cyclones, to ten returning lettermen, nine of whom had started last season for Unaka, and la de da.

But like sportiemom said, I surely don't want to discuss the "possibilities" about them playing now. I only stated what I was told; and what I was told concerned next season (after they lose a great coach): that Elizabethton would be willing to play Unaka next season.

It was never as though Unaka would have been honored to have played EHS, but rather, they wanted to play them because finally, after beating them soundly the past several times they played, it appeared the Lady Cyclones might finally be a pretty good challenge. Sorry if you felt personally implicated.

I have never felt personally implicated, because I have never made the schedule or had any significant impact in its making. As an assistant coach I support my head coach whether I agree with his scheduling philosophy or not. If it had been my decision I would have played Unaka the past three seasons, but it was not. We will have to live with it because that is the way it is. Obviously, both teams have been outstanding the last few seasons and have achieved much for their programs. We can speculate all we want, and we all have our opinions about which team is better. Alas, we will never really know. I don't think Coach Wilson will change his philosophy, which is his perogative, so in my personal opinion I don't think the teams will play. Maybe I am wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.