TMSAA (East) Area 4 Small Schools

VicKing

BigD sounds like he is done. You do not have to go to the tourney. There are members schools that don't even compete in tournament play. I feel sorry THOSE kids. The tournaments are what you work for. Yea you're right they are not in high school. But the tournament play is what gets them ready for high school. You see higher competition and many different styles of play. Many teams don't press, but when you get further down the line you see things like presses, trapping defenses, and heaven forbid mam 2 man. That is what you will see in high school. Seeing these things earlier will prepare you for the next level. Playing a 2-3 against a 2-3 doesn't do that as much. Besides most kids play AAU as soon as the season is over anyway so it's not like there going to go home and rest. Fact is the game has evolved to where if you want to be really good you really do have an offseason; you have down time. That goes for teams and individuals. Team camps, individual camps, AAU, pre season games, season games and tournament play, then it starts all back over. It could be like in a lot of places and they do away with all middle and some high school sports. How terrible would that be. There young, they love to do it, and for most kids these days, they need it. I wish we had these thing when I was growing up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how to get to Maryville Eagleton?  Curious to see how strong these teams are, and wonder if its worth a trip?  Have the OS Lady Bobcat's been tested at all this year?  If so, who?  Will they run roughshod through the sectional with the ease they are supposed to in their conference tourney? :lol: Kaz :o

825557112[/snapback]

OS played a big and strong Robertsville team two weeks ago. OS won in over time by 6. It was a very intense and nerve racking game. The girls stayed calm and were focused. Younger players stepped up and knocked down some big shots.

OS lost last year too!! Coach Bilyeu still has the score posted in his room from last years lose. OS girls see it every day.

jab,

My players do not play AAU. We have a full off season along with team study halls when the season is over. All I'm saying is that my teams midterm grades came out yesterday and I was not at all pleased. It is obvious that they are tired. However, this does not mean that we are ready to take our ball and go home. I can tell that you are looking at this from strictly a sports perspective. As a coach, it is my job to look out for the player and student. By the way I hate AAU ball but, that is for another place and time.

Does anybody have word on when the games will be held, I'm eager to get the sectionals and sub sectionals started. I think O.S. can and will be beat by Oneida. They are a great all-around team and have a good coach. If they keep moving the ball and getting open looks like they have been then O.S. will be caught off guard and more than likely lose. I pick Oneida to win it all. Go Lady Indians!! TBK  :P

825557943[/snapback]

Truth_"NOT"_b_Known,

You have got to be kiding me? do you really think those girls will loose. if so you are crazy! i dont think they will loose cause they want their coach to be happy when he leaves. Those girls have to live with it every day that they lost when they should have won that last game ,last year.

Edited by drass20

Yes I think those girls will lose, because Oneida has the better coach and nothing else matters in a tourney. I mean look at the boys, PJ was undefeated and had the best talent in the whole thing.They LOST. Crap happens and remember they're just kids. When the pressure is on you never know whats going to happen. TNBK :rolleyes:

825560962[/snapback]

Well i don't know how good Oneida's coach is but i have seen Oliver Springs Coach and i know that he can coach. Yah they might be just kids , but them Oliver Springs Girls work their butts off and they have done pretty good under pressure so far. When the played Roberstville they had 2 starters gone and they still won. So pressure or no pressure I think they are going to play their best and do great ! :o Edited by Bballgurl032