AP polls

NSIndiansFan

Why again does North Side here again not move up or down in the polls? Beech fell, but White Station jumped ahead of them. I DARE any team in Middle or East Tennessee to play North Side's schedule. I DARE them! I dare any team to come play the AA schedule that we play. With the present AP polls, North Side has played a ranked team nine times (Ridge twice, Bolivar twice, Haywood thrice, Liberty twice) I dare any team to play these teams that North SIde plays night in and night out and have the smae record as North Side. These teams would be begging for mercy. North Side plays the hardest schedule this season and we have only lost 4 times. I am sure that since we lost to an awesome Haywood team with out one of the stud Delk twins we will fall out of the rankings. But we have played some tough competion. I would like anyone to name an easy team that North Side has played, that is not in our district. None. If we can get Richard back to 100% by tournament time, teams had better watch out. Because we will make another run like we made last year and flabbergast everyone. WHo gave NS as single prop last year? NOT A SINGLE PERSON!!! And what did North Side do, they made it all the way to the state championship where the refs allowed White Station to win. So an teams want to take my Dare? Some will when Substate gets here and a Giles Co. region team plays the ruuner-up from the Bolivar region. It is past time for Norht SIde to get props this year

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its all about politics then why do you care. just shut your mouth and let your team prove themselves in the tournament. which im pretty sure they will do.

825549827[/snapback]

I agree...talk is nothing but that until they back it up...and if your team is winning, who cares who gives them props??? you shouldnt worry about Polls, worry about what they are doing on the court there bud...

This isn't college basketball. Polls are meaningless. There is no selection commitee in high school basketball. I think you see inconsistency in high school polls because, frankly the writers don't care. They just go on reputation and records.

825550007[/snapback]

You should have stopped at "frankly the writers don't care".....North Side has a good recent reputation..They have been having good records and they have two great players in the Delk twins..So the writers are not going on reputations and records...A lot of them don't do their homework on teams across the state and only vote for "hometown" teams not particularly caring that a team from another part of the state is as good or better than the one they voted for at #1 or #2 to boost the total points...Then the others just don't care...Of course there are some who take pride in their vote and cast their votes intelligently..The ones that don't,know who they are and will respond by saying they do make the right choices.....

:ph34r: Uh, the polls don't matter in college basketball either guys. The committee seeds the NCAA tournament and TSSAA draws teams for the bracket out of a hat. It doesn't matter where you are ranked during the season. I'm sure there are voters in Bristol that have never been to Jackson. Regional bias is part of it unless you can hang a bunch of banners from the rafters in your gym. Win out in the tournament and you'll be voted #1!