TWF Freshman & Sophomore State Championships

fiscon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartlett will be sending about 10 guys.

825566954[/snapback]

You can start submitting your rosters to me anytime. The deadline is Wednesday, Feb 23 12noon Central. I cannot take entries after that time. I am ready to get this thing under way.

Edited by fiscon

in it being a club tournment, then anybody any divison.

i like it :justwrestle:

825567139[/snapback]

The other thing that should be clear is that the NWCA weight management program that was used during the high school season will not be in effect for this tournament. Be reasonable on your weight class though and don't cut more than you should.

My wife has been on me to cut some weight for a while not but I use the NWCA weight management rule as an excuse with her. She still doesn't buy it. But I try.

Freshman/Sophomore State Tournament Info and Entry Link

Any idea how the weight classes break out - do you expect good participation in the upper weights - 189, 215, 275?

825567867[/snapback]

We will know more as entries come in I will update numbers as they do. If you are planning to enter go ahead and do it. see earlier posts for entry link.

You can start submitting your rosters to me anytime.  The deadline is Wednesday, Feb 23 12noon Central.  I cannot take entries after that time.  I am ready to get this thing under way.

825567096[/snapback]

Its hard to list an entry at this point, since one of the seeding criteria is placemsnt at the state and it has not been conducted as of yet. Just a thought....

While I agree with waiting until State has completed for seeding information on specific Freshman & Sophomore competitors, remember that this tournament is open for ALL Freshman & Sophomore currently enrolled in a TN school. With that said, those Freshman & Sophomores that are not competing at the state level can go ahead and process their entries as soon as possible.

Also - for those needing cards - Brad has the application & waiver on his website now - TWF League & National Card Application. This is a two part form, so make sure you print off & complete both portions. If you are going to purchase the national ($30) card you may purchase that online at USA Wrestling. Competitors and Coaches will have to have cards to participate at this event.

Here is an example - we have a group called 'Sharp Shooters' and they are a TWF chartered club and they have a logo on their singlet that is a Sherriff's Star - this logo is valid on their singlet.  If your TWF Chartered Club is Tiger Wrestling - you can have a tiger head/paw or the word Tiger on it.

However - if you wrestle for Franklin High School - you cannot wear any singlet representing FHS or Rebels.  However if the club has access to singlets with no wording, lettering, logos representing FHS or Rebels, they could wear them.

However if you plan to compete in freestyle & greco wrestling you should try to wear shades of blue or red.

825566751[/snapback]

So, if I have a singlet with my high school's mascot (MASCOT ONLY) on it I can't wrestle?