Pre-Spring Mid-State 5A and D2 Projections

TDCman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew they were just moving up.  Columbia looks like a program that will have to be dealt with in the future. Overall, that region looks pretty strong with four teams in the top 15.  Franklin was a team that seemed to have everything headed in the right direction...momentum, enthusiasm...the coachng thing is still a shocker...

825562889[/snapback]

The momentum and enthusiasm is still there, I assure you! thumb We'll get us a good coach and we'll be fine. GO REBS!

Lincoln Co has a chance to be very good. LOD, don't you think Riverdale is overrank? LOL

825562958[/snapback]

Lincoln County has come up a couple times now and I saw on the East Tennesse thread that they were picked to win their region. I'll go back and see if I missed anything on them. Traditionally, they are an easy pick and I know they expect to be better this year but they just didn't get enough points to make the top 15 in my first go-around. I'll figure out why.

Adding positions 16-20...

16. Hillwood

17. Lavergne

18. Lincoln County

19. Franklin County

20. Overton

There have been some questions about Lincoln County. They will be real short on seniors in 2005 but have a pretty large upcoming junior class. It really looks like 2006 is when the Falcons return to championship level.

My gut tells me Lebanon belongs in here somewhere but the numbers say it is a definite rebuilding year for the Blue Devils.

La Vergne?????

825565945[/snapback]

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the big question is can they play four quarters and not struggle as much when adversity hits. This has them 5th in the region...out of the playoffs.....but within striking distance.

Bottom line is that they SHOULD be better next fall.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I think the big question is can they play four quarters and not struggle as much when adversity hits.  This has them 5th in the region...out of the playoffs.....but within striking distance.

Bottom line is that they SHOULD be better next fall.

825566441[/snapback]

Most years LHS usually has a decent team, but they just can't seem to finish games.

Now to expand this just a bit more. The statewide top ten (5A only):

1. Germantown 101

2. Riverdale 100.6

3. Dobyns-Bennett 100.3

4. Cookeville 100.1

5. Collierville 99.1

6. Farragut 97.8

7. Bolton 97.3

8. Smyrna 96.7

9. Ooltewah 96.6

10 Oak Ridge 96.4

(Tie)Houston 96.4

If everything proceeds as expected, it is going to be a great year for football in Tennessee. The last three teams listed (Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, Houston) are absolutely loaded so you can imagine just how strong the top ten is going to be. Before I started crunching numbers I would have expected Oak Ridge and Ooltewah to be somewhere in the top 3-4, if not #1. There are a bunch of schools that have lots of big, strong football players coming back.

Usual disclaimer--for entertainment purposes only--and I definitely could have missed someone.

• 1 month later...