How many did Smyrna qualify?

HERD

Tex the Coward,  I have no idea what snobhater is doing.  He did not make our varsity line up so he quit 3 weeks after Christmas.  I sure do like the way you insinuate things.

Mark,  Do not stop coaching because of something other than you believe it is best for you, your family and team.  I go through these same feelings year after year.  I really believe that you should take fiscon's advice and wait awhile to make your decision.  If you already have someone in mind that you believe can take your team to the next level then hire him on as an assistant.  I have known you for 15 years and believe that you do a great job with your kids.  You are just frustrated now and need some time to reflect on the great influence you have had in their lives.

I hope you believe me when I say I do not know who HERD is, but I would be it is someone from Region 5 who has inside knowledge as to how many you qualified.

825565422[/snapback]

I think Tex was having fun and not attacking KKW. I don't think Coward would be the correct word for TEX. Since he's a former snake eater type.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Gonyea, my perspective is that of a relative newcomer to wrestling as a father and as a fan. I have been following Coach T's Wrestling Mat for the past few months trying to educate myself on the TN 'wrestling scene'. I don't know anything about you as a man or a coach, but I will say that I have enjoyed your posts. A coaches opinion is refreshing to this message board. I have found your opinion to be objective, insightful, and I cannot recall a time when it was not in the best interest of the kids and the sport.

Offspringer56, you need to take the pacifier out of your mouth and spend a little more time in English Class. Your reference to one negative issue that might have occurred under the watch of this coach is not representative of his impact on dozens of kids or his program as a whole.

Coach Gonyea, my perspective is that of a relative newcomer to wrestling as a father and as a fan.  I have been following Coach T's Wrestling Mat for the past few months trying to educate myself on the TN 'wrestling scene'.  I don't know anything about you as a man or a coach, but I will say that I have enjoyed your posts.  A coaches opinion is refreshing to this message board.  I have found your opinion to be objective, insightful, and I cannot recall a time when it was not in the best interest of the kids and the sport. 

Offspringer56, you need to take the pacifier out of your mouth and spend a little more time in English Class.  Your reference to one negative issue that might have occurred under the watch of this coach is not representative of his impact on dozens of kids or his program as a whole.

825565720[/snapback]

I agree.

Plus if you left, many on this board wouldn't have anyone to pick on. AND...what would happen to Soms? You can't leave him unguarded. :D

"Tex the Coward, I have no idea what snobhater is doing. He did not make our varsity line up so he quit 3 weeks after Christmas. I sure do like the way you insinuate things."

"I hope you believe me when I say I do not know who HERD is, but I would be it is someone from Region 5 who has inside knowledge as to Thow many you qualified."

Calling names is just the exact same thing that you supposedly got soooo upset with "snobhater" about, a guy who you have no idea what he is up to, even though he was using YOUR computer to write the nasty things regarding Smyrna and their coach.

So, your behavior is couriously much like the now absent snobhater.

It was a joke big boy, nothing more.

what do you think that insinuates? nothing to me.

Edited by texas23

Coach Gonyea, my perspective is that of a relative newcomer to wrestling as a father and as a fan.  I have been following Coach T's Wrestling Mat for the past few months trying to educate myself on the TN 'wrestling scene'.  I don't know anything about you as a man or a coach, but I will say that I have enjoyed your posts.  A coaches opinion is refreshing to this message board.  I have found your opinion to be objective, insightful, and I cannot recall a time when it was not in the best interest of the kids and the sport. 

Offspringer56, you need to take the pacifier out of your mouth and spend a little more time in English Class.  Your reference to one negative issue that might have occurred under the watch of this coach is not representative of his impact on dozens of kids or his program as a whole.

825565720[/snapback]

Amen!! Love you coach Gonyea.

Dave

I used the word coward because you hide behind a screen name.  Sorry.  You will notice that I edited it out.

825565933[/snapback]

the board is set up with screen names for a purpose. I intend to use it that way. While it is okay to spout your name on here is you want, it is not a requirement.

I would not be "afraid", if that is your question on the meaning of coward. Afraid of what?

For all of you that can put "junk" on this board, I want to know if you have coached? Have you ever had to do this enormous task? I bet NOT!! My son has been wrestling with Coach G for two years now. Yep he was the one who ended up with a concussion. Coach G called to check up on him, prayed for him, and told him there is next year! That is what you need to be doing HERD!! We were broken physically but not mentally. We had some unfortunate injuries. Lets see you get your butt out there and wrestle with a dislocated arm or a busted nose, a bad crack to the head.

Coach G,

The guys really need you next year. The band of brothers (your top 5 new seniors) have already started on a plan for next year. Stick with them and I am sure you will reap as many benefits as they will. We all love you and really want you to reconsider your next move. Don't give up on our guys as they won't give up on you. You will get the respect that you deserve and need.

Coach G - You've got 5 returning seniors & I know that you know that there is spring & summer tournaments going on in TN.  Bring these guys to the mat and let them prepare for an awesome Senior Year with YOU as their head coach! 

Hamm & Sommers - Help me out here!

825566136[/snapback]

Ultimately G, it comes down to you and how you are feeling, don't make a decision right now. Listen to your group of people around you and don't listen to the uninformed belligerent crowd making the unnecessary comments on this board and more importantly the one who started this post initially. It is obvious to everyone in middle Tennessee from watching you coach your kids at tournaments and your enthusiasm on this board, that you have what these kids need. You are a role model, a leader, and their coach. They need someone who is willing to stick by them in the thick of it, and I know you will. They see the light at the end of the long tunnel. Your break out year is not far away. Your middle school program that partcipated in the MTGC duals will be sending you some wrestlers in need of a guy like you. Take it from me, I went through this, and KKW has gone through this, hang in there. Pull your guys together and determine their committment. I hope to see you leading the Smyrna Bulldogs for a long time.