L.C. beats Trenton

LakeCountyFan142311

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't there but the radio announcer said it was a bogus call on the refs part. Sounds like he jumped the gun. I would have lost control too if I was called for something like that and it was my 5th foul. That would have been a big point in the game for Trenton if he had made a clean steal and cut the lead to 7. Then after the game it sounded like L.C. need to take control of their fans. That's real tacky when fans come out of the stands to harass the opposing teams players. Some fans need to GROW up; your team just blew them out by 23 and your still acting stupid!!

Guest ladyfalcon10
I wasn't there but the radio announcer said it was a bogus call on the refs part. Sounds like he jumped the gun. I would have lost control too if I was called for something like that and it was my 5th foul. That would have been a big point in the game for Trenton if he had made a clean steal and cut the lead to 7. Then after the game it sounded like L.C. need to take control of their fans. That's real tacky when fans come out of the stands to harass the opposing teams players. Some fans need to GROW up; your team just blew them out by 23 and your still acting stupid!!

825571917[/snapback]

I was there and I know what happened Doaks continued running down the floor with the ball after a dead ball was called. When he reached the end of the court he dunked, that is why he got T'd. After he was walking to the bench he mouthed to the refs and they threw him out. So that shows you Cisco cant control his players. And when a Trenton player went into the LC fans he should have been taken out and suspended. It seems to me Trenton couldnt be controled. Anyone that has come to a Lake Co. game at home knows it is wild, loud, and the fans are going nuts. Doaks needs to grow up because when he goes to the C-Town they will put him in his place. Congrats to the Falcons!!!!!!!!

825571917[/snapback]

I was there and it was a good call.Doakes is a great player and I am sure he is a great kid. He just lost control of his emotions tonight. The LC crowd did not come out of the stands and harass the Peabody players.Partee started the whole incident.It was an ugly scene that could have been avoided if Sisco had control of his players.The radio station is out of Trenton so I think they are bias and did not report the truth. You say some of the LC fans need to grow up and that might be true but the Peabody fans were TERRIBLE. It is a shame that a good rivalry has turned so bitter.

Edited by lakecountyfalconfan

I was there and it was a good call.Doakes is a great player and I am sure he is a great kid. He just lost control of his emotions tonight. The LC crowd did not come out of the stands and harass the Peabody players.Partee started the whole incident.It was an ugly scene that could have been avoided if Sisco had control of his players.The radio station is out of Trenton so I think they are bias and did not report the truth. You say some of the LC fans need to grow up and that might be true but the Peabody fans were TERRIBLE. It is a shame that a good rivalry has turned so bitter.

825571950[/snapback]

Trenton radio station biased???lol...you just now figuring that out.. :ph34r:

I was there and it was a good call.

It is always a good call if you are a Lake Co. fan!!!! Just like it will always be bad if your a Trenton fan!! Can't argue good or bad but I see kids continue through a play all the time after a whistle has been blown. Regardless of who the call was on I think that is a bad call to make on any kid in that situation especially when it was his last foul!! Let the kids play!!! That follow through didn't hurt anything but the call ruined the rest of the game for both teams.

It is always a good call if you are a Lake Co. fan!!!! Just like it will always be bad if your a Trenton fan!! Can't argue good or bad but I see kids continue through a play all the time after a whistle has been blown. Regardless of who the call was on I think that is a bad call to make on any kid in that situation especially when it was his last foul!! Let the kids play!!! That follow through didn't hurt anything but the call ruined the rest of the game for both teams.

825571985[/snapback]

You are probably right about letting that call go. Doakes did the exact samething earlier in the game and they did not call it. It was just a sad scene after the game.The Partee kid was totally out of control and had to be restrained by the police while Sisco just watched and did nothing.

I will definitely agree that the Trenton fans were probably terrible but an incident like that would never happen @ Trenton!! Sisco has never had control of "his" players.

825571971[/snapback]

How about Trenton students SPITTING on Lake County cheerleaders from the railing at the Peabody gym last year -- and then when the LC principal and cheerleader sponsor tried to get help from the principal and security, their response was, "Well, what do you want us to do about it?" Never heard them talk about that one on the radio. Didn't have that problem at Peabody when Sam Miles and Harry Ferguson were running the show.

As for Doaks, if the behavior I saw out of him at the first LC-Trenton game was any indication, this was a long time coming. And for those complaining about what might have been a questionable foul call (wasn't there, don't know exactly what happened) refs don't have in their mind during a game who has how many fouls. They see a foul, they call a foul. If Doaks did indeed take off and dunk the ball well after the ball was dead, he deserved a technical. Then if he mouthed off to the officials, he deserved another technical. That's the rules, it doesn't matter whether it's a meaningless nonconference game in November or the district semi-finals. If you call it one way in one game, you call it the same way in another game.

Lake County's fans are obnoxious, rude and sometimes downright vulgar; being a recent LCHS graduate, I'll be the first to admit that. And they all know they are, and they're proud of it, too. But don't kid yourself; the fans from Trenton and Halls are just as bad. I think it is pretty obvious that Sisco has no control of his players. He didn't have control of his players at Lake County (see: dressing out 5 players and a manager for a game during Christmas break when about half the team decided not to show up one night, and taking the whole team to Lexington in his extended-cab pickup because it wasn't worth driving a bus for 6 people), and he doesn't have it now at Peabody. All he does is yell and stomp that foot all the time, and no one takes him seriously.

Trenton may be in a world of trouble now without Doaks for the district consolation (where losing to Middle College is almost a certainty now) and then probably against Greenfield in the first round of the regionals. 30 seconds of stupidity on his part might have cost his team a shot at the regional title and/or the state tournament. Probably cost him his shot at Mr. Basketball, too.

Trenton radio station being bias? Evidently you haven't heard my broadcasts. I give credit to both sides. They are, after all, kids. All players deserve the respect of everyone, whether you're the opposing fan or not. They all practice hard and try to play well and deserve credit for that. What I'm seeing on here is a lack of credit to a great player just because he lost his cool. That happens. A couple of Lake County players received technicals last night - doesn't that mean that Whitby doesn't have control of his players? I think not. You're letting your disdain for a coach rule your evaluation of a person. I know both coaches and both are friends of mine. The officials on the floor are also friends of mine. In fact, the official that ejected Doaks is a very good friend of mine. I don't let his actions on the floor distort my judgement of him as a person or how well he does his job. It was an emotionally charged night and unfortunately it got out of hand.

I didn't say that the technical was "bogus" as I haven't used that word in a long while. I saw the dunk and yes it was a few seconds after the foul was called. Did it deserve a technical? I'm not sure as I don't know the rule on that at the moment. I will before this day is over. If Doaks said something that the official took offense to on his way to the bench then he deserved the 2nd technical. I don't know what was said as I was not that close. The fact remains, he has to sit out the next two games for Peabody because of what happened.

As to the situation after the game, Peabody's trek to the locker room was blocked by Lake County fans. What happened with Partee, I don't know. I do know that he did have to be restrained. But, the players should have been given a clear way to the locker room.

Fans can get emotionally charged and not use their best judgement - the same can be said of players and coaches.

If you want a bias call, you're listening to the wrong guy. I give credit to both teams as I appreciate the talents of all players. That is my job. Sure, my call is slanted toward the team I cover on a nightly basis, but, I don't let it rule the way I see a game. I gave "props" to Valentine and Springer last night as I thought they were exceptional. Would a biased announcer do that? I think not. There are several announcers with a biased call out there...but, I believe I'm not. If you think otherwise, well, that's your opinion - you have yours and I have mine.

Check out the article in the Jackson Sun by Jeremy Peppas.

Sun Article

Edited by sportsradiotn

As you all know, I'm from Halls. I seen the game between Trenton and Lake County from equal eyes last night. Yes, Doaks stole the ball fair and square that the refs called a foul. Yes, Doaks deserved the technical foul for dunking the ball because you're not suppose to shoot the ball after the whistle is blown. Yes, they should have thrown him out the gym for talking to the refs. Yes, Lake County fans did taunt Partee as he was leaving the gym that caused another bad scene (I was right there when it happened). Yes, the technical foul they called against Sisco early in the game was bogus. I mean, Lake County fans were on my nerves so I know they were on Trenton's nerves. I know student sections will be student sections, but Lake County goes too far. They're down right rude sometimes. I feel sorry for Doaks because now he will be out two games for getting thrown out the game. He won't get to play until the regional semi-finals (if they make it without him). So, its a bad situation all together. Again, I had equal eyes in this game because I wasn't going for either one. I was just watching. So this is what I seen with my own eyes. As for bigwes68, Halls fans will never be as rude as Lake County fans are. We may yell at the officials, but Lake County just gets on everyones nerves. Halls takes on Lake County Saturday night. I know the same thing will probably happen to us so Halls will have to come out ready to play. Alot of people doubted that Halls would beat Middle College, but we proved them wrong. I think it will be a pretty exciting game with the Falcons. GO TIGERS! thumb