USJ recruiting rumors?

BrettDawson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Dyer is back, now maybe the focus can be put back on the USJ baseball team and not their coach, although I'm sure that he has enjoyed reading about himself in the press.

I do want to take exception with one of the things Dixie Softball said. If Dyer did nothing wrong, why did the USJ headmaster suspend him? I'm no expert but that seems kinda foolish to suspend somebody so everyone else can talk about them. And why would the Jackson Sun report him as suspended if he actually wasn't? Wouldn't that be illegal? I talked to a person that said he didn't actually break any rules, but broke the spirit of the recruiting rule? whatever that means. Something about offering illegal inducements or how it could be viewed as illegal since this kid was his acutal player on his team. Really, who cares? I guess the Parsons people were tired of seeing Gant drive past Riverside on his way to USJ.

USJ is back! Coach Dyer is reinstated with no further sanctions. A violation has not occurred.

825590752[/snapback]

It's about time and way past due. Coach Dyer is a great coach and more importantly a great person. He would never do anything, intentionally, to hurt the USJ baseball team, the players or the school. WELCOME BACK COACH DYER B) WE MISSED YOU thumb

Edited by orangemen41

I dont care about other comments on this board... I dont care about other students carpooling with the coach... i care about you callin folks names on this message board..your makin a big deal out of this situation..it went from people talking about the matter at hand to YOU blasting people about sports talk..thats not the way you do it man... i have alot of nerve??... you just said everyone has a right to their own opinion...EVERYONE......you are contradicting yourself and you continue to make yourself look stupid and childish...i can take a response to my own comment, but i dont like it when some punk kid gets on here and starts calling people idiots...its disrespectful to people you are talking to and to coacht.  This board isn't made for name-calling, its made for sports-talk...you need to watch yourself before a mod shuts you and/or this topic down....

825590094[/snapback]

Your assumptions is what got this conversation started between yourself and I. You made the comment of a coach being arrogant and you didn't know all the facts behind the situation. You, like many others, made assumptions going on what was stated in the Jackson Sun and by others only knowing bits and pieces. You have assumed I'm a student and I'm stupid. You do have your opinion and that's fine, so do I. I'm not stupid either. This topic isn't sport talk, It ended up being a bash against a coach, parent and ballplayer. This site is a wonderful place to find out good things about other schools and events that are effecting each place. Hopefully, you've read the latest, Coach Dyer is BACK! It's a shame that no one this day and age can't do a nice jesture for someone else without another person making a big deal out it, like someone is trying to get the edge over someone else. I do apologize to you for the name calling, It's not right to make assumptions from just what your told or only read in the paper or otherwise. When people make assumptions, they're usually wrong. thumb

Dixiesoftball...you need to find some outlet for your frustrations or try some kinda medication before you end up in a straight jacket...anyone that angry must be from Lexington...if you dont chill out you might end up living in Bolivar.

825590973[/snapback]

Where did you come from? Actually, I'm from Jackson. I ain't angry>you, just like acmoney, make assumptions you have no business making. Maybe, it's just the fact that people like yourself doesn't like out spoken people and being proven wrong in this particular situation. People who have heard about this situation are from all over and most agree it's turned into a bashing for a coach, parents, and a ballplayer. The people involved didn't break a rule and had been told 2 different things by the same people at TSSAA. Medication by the way is a cowards way out and undoubtly your way of trying to keep someone quiet. :P