who has the best stadium in the state

timbdp

Farragut, hands down, has the best field in the state...probally one of the best in the south. To put their field into persepctive, comparisons to college and minor league fields must be made...Their field, excluding the bleachers and dugouts, is BETTER than the University of Tennessee's. The grass is as good as Chattanooga Lookouts...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Mt. Juliet is getting stadium seating behind the backstop. Is there any truth to this? If so then MJ would have one of the best fields in the state hands down. MJ needs the 9 inning scoreboard though. White House has a really nice field love the dugouts. The infield is hard usually though. Te post about smyrna having a great field is a joke it has gotten better but not even close to the best. But when you have to pay somebody to fix your field i guess it will get better

Best playing surface in the mid-state definitley goes to Creek Wood High School. Their coach is absolutely anal about their field and the guy that does most of the grass work is over the golf course here in town. Creek Wood wasn't open when I was in school but i would have loved to play on that field; i have just had the opportunity to coach on the field all summer.

I have at one time or another played on all of the fields or been on or around all the fields in the mid-state and a lot of fields out of the area. I also played in college and didn't play but on one or two fields that can match CW's actual playing surface; outside the fence is a different story however. They have made great improvements, but the surrounding areas are still lacking a stadium feel. All you need is the playing surface anyway all the rest is just cosmetics, right? I'm out.

Are you sure about that smyrna? Because i am almost positive they payed somebody. I have a very reliable source. 2nd of all alot of teams have a hitting facility. Riverdale has the best one i have seen. Mj has a extremly nice one. Oakland has one as does lebanon. Come on be real do you actually think smyrna's field can hang with Oakland and Mt. Juilet. I have played on that field during the season with the grass brown not green. O yeah you have a major drainage problem in the outfield also u might want to get that checked out. Smyrna's field is not even in the top 20 in the state in my opinion. By the way Creek Woods field is very nice.

I have to say that i am not knocking smyrna's field but i played in the preseason jamboree every year and i can't remember the field being tht nice, but i don't remember it being bad either. I coached and played summer games and tournaments there and i just don't ever remember being impressed. But hey, give me four bases and a mound and let's freakin play ball. I'm out

I haven`t seen all the fields mentioned on this posts, But the topic is the best stadium. Forget the fields. I doubt there are many high schools in TN that can compare to Millington`s stadium. If it was good enough to be the home for the USA Olympic team, then I`d say the rest of you guys are wasting bandwidth on this subject.

I've seen a good majority of the fields around the state.....and the best HIGH SCHOOL field is in Farragut. No Comparison to any other HIGH SCHOOL field. It is in a league by itself. Millington's field isn't a high school field, they just play there. But it is nice, I've been on that field bunches. White House has a nice field, as does Mt. Juliet. I like Grider in Tullahoma, very rustic and has lots of Character. I made a nice mound of dirt on top of home plate there last summer after the home plate ump ejected me. :rolleyes: Franklin County is also nice, and when they get the grass going there, it will be even better. I haven't seen Creekwood's field, but I know their coach and I can see him doing a great job over there as he is a top-notch guy and coach. Houston has a good field, as does Christian Brothers. Ripley's field is pretty cool, too.