Who will win the NBA championship

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree they do not know how to play defense and it is not a team game it is just every man for his self and college is way better than the NBA!!!!

825628480[/snapback]

They don't play defense? Watch a game in person sometime. There's some guys who aren't great defenders, sure, but the defenses in the NBA are incredible. That said, most of the time when a player gets clearly beat on a play, he doesn't make the always-fruitless effort -- more show than substance -- to get back in it.

Your nose is growing.

825628746[/snapback]

I speak nothing but the truth, sir. The NBA is a joke. Players are always in trouble for one thing or another. Of course, they are talented and I will admit, when the game comes down to the wire, the NBA games are really fun to watch. Just to see those players do what they do best is amazing to watch, but the rest of the game its just a bunch of lazy mess. Another factor is, how do teams that are coming off a 1-5 game stretch, thump, not only beat, but thump the previous world champs? Answer that for me. Just an off night? And what about Minnesota, they are awful, but they beat T-Mac and the Rockets by some obsurd number the other night. I'm not saying there is a "fix" in the NBA, but its getting a little fishy as of here lately. I mean the dog almost always covers the line and when it comes down to the line, the favorite will hit that extra 3 pointer just to cover the line. It may just my opinion and the opinion and the opinion of many others, but I personally do not like the NBA until it comes down the championship series. Why? Because they play their @$$'s off, like they should every game. Well now I know your thinking, I'm a bandwagon fan because when it comes playoff's I just jump on a team and say they are my fave. Actually, NO. I keep up with the NBA throughout the season and I do not have a favorite team. But sometimes I do find myself wanting one of the two teams in the championship to win over the other one. But bottomline is, I don't like the NBA except for the last 7 or less games.

I speak nothing but the truth, sir. The NBA is a joke. Players are always in trouble for one thing or another. Of course, they are talented and I will admit, when the game comes down to the wire, the NBA games are really fun to watch. Just to see those players do what they do best is amazing to watch, but the rest of the game its just a bunch of lazy mess. Another factor is, how do teams that are coming off a 1-5 game stretch, thump, not only beat, but thump the previous world champs? Answer that for me. Just an off night? And what about Minnesota, they are awful, but they beat T-Mac and the Rockets by some obsurd number the other night. I'm not saying there is a "fix" in the NBA, but its getting a little fishy as of here lately. I mean the dog almost always covers the line and when it comes down to the line, the favorite will hit that extra 3 pointer just to cover the line. It may just my opinion and the opinion and the opinion of many others, but I personally do not like the NBA until it comes down the championship series. Why? Because they play their @$$'s off, like they should every game. Well now I know your thinking, I'm a bandwagon fan because when it comes playoff's I just jump on a team and say they are my fave. Actually, NO. I keep up with the NBA throughout the season and I do not have a favorite team. But sometimes I do find myself wanting one of the two teams in the championship to win over the other one. But bottomline is, I don't like the NBA except for the last 7 or less games.

825628896[/snapback]

The players don't try to win? THAT is an absurd suggestion.

As for when the Timberwolves "beat T-Mac and the Rockets by some obsurd number the other night", I didn't realise 94-86 was an absurd margin.

As far as blowout upsets...when 30 teams each play 82 games a year, you're going to have some nights where the better team can't shoot and the lesser team can't miss. Or a guy's sick and doesn't have the energy to last the 35 minutes his team needs him playing well.

Minnesota isn't good this year, but I wouldn't call a team with Kevin Garnett, Sam Cassell, Latrell Sprewell, Troy Hudson, and Wally Sczerbiak awful. Nor would I call a team that's 35-34 in the West awful. Yes, they've underachieved, but they've still got a lot of talent, and they're a pretty good team. You want awful, let's look at Atlanta. But even they have some real talent, with Tony Delk, Al Harrington, and Josh Childress, Josh Smith, and Peja Drobniak. You get them on a night when Delk's hitting and Harrington's playing well, they can blow out some pretty good teams.

The players don't try to win?  THAT is an absurd suggestion.

As for when the Timberwolves "beat T-Mac and the Rockets by some obsurd number the other night", I didn't realise 94-86 was an absurd margin.

As far as blowout upsets...when 30 teams each play 82 games a year, you're going to have some nights where the better team can't shoot and the lesser team can't miss.  Or a guy's sick and doesn't have the energy to last the 35 minutes his team needs him playing well.

Minnesota isn't good this year, but I wouldn't call a team with Kevin Garnett, Sam Cassell, Latrell Sprewell, Troy Hudson, and Wally Sczerbiak awful.  Nor would I call a team that's 35-34 in the West awful.  Yes, they've underachieved, but they've still got a lot of talent, and they're a pretty good team.  You want awful, let's look at Atlanta.  But even they have some real talent, with Tony Delk, Al Harrington, and Josh Childress, Josh Smith, and Peja Drobniak.  You get them on a night when Delk's hitting and Harrington's playing well, they can blow out some pretty good teams.

825629096[/snapback]

The NBA is a joke, though. It has been since MJ left. He was the NBA and it was actually fun to watch while he was in it.

The NBA is a joke, though. It has been since MJ left. He was the NBA and it was actually fun to watch while he was in it.

825629223[/snapback]

MJ was a role model, so was david robinson. there arent a whole lot now. Dwayne Wade is, but there arent a whole lot of players nowdays for kids to look up to...

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
I've seen T-Mac play before. I still thought it was awful. He's my favorite player, if I had to pice one, too.

825629651[/snapback]

T-Mac is an offensive master mind...beyond that...he has no D...just like everyone else in the NBA

Thank you! No defense what so ever. I hate it.

825637269[/snapback]

No defense? What do you call the type of game the Detroit Pistons played. Having a great defense is what led them to the NBA championship last year. The talent level in the NBA is on the rise which means there are more great players to go around which means teams have a better shot at winning. What I think the NBA is missing is quality coaches that teach the fundamentals of basketballs. We need more coaches like Larry Brown in the NBA. But if you hate the NBA so much, just DONT WATCH IT.

lol dont play defense.....thats just stupid. first, if a guy couldnt play D he would be overseas somewhere instead of the NBA. you say players dont play D because they are just out for theirselves but take Ron Artest for example...one of the most selfish players in the game but theres not many that can play defense like him. like gb said what about the Pistons? they are the defending champs and its not because they are loaded with guys that can score at will. there are a few teams that focus their game on offense such as the Mav's...they are good all year but cant win in the playoffs. to win a title you gotta be able to play atleast decent defense no matter how good your offense is.