Temple Teams

LoveIt

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I would have to say that the 01-02 team was the best that temple had. they had #33 who was a senior and a good ball handler....they had all the skogens and wadley and Issac Mouw (mispelled). #33 i think his name was jeron williams, something like that, he also played on the team that went to state in 98, he was in the 8th grade though. This team played the likes of tough Region 3 teams, and in the state they beat hancock co, who had two good posts, one named rocky something who was really good and another 6'7'' guy. Then they beat DCA with Boomer Herdon, 7'0' tall and another guy on the team that was 6'8'' who wasn't bad. In the final everyone knows they pulled the upset and beat Ezell harding with Julien Terrell, AJ Blackburn, Eric Davis, etc...this team beat great teams. The 02-03 team would have been next with only losing #33. Only thing is the state was really down that year, and they didn't have a hard run through the tourney. They Beat Perry Co 20, Memphis Mitchell about 10 with all freshmen starting, and then a week Greenfield team in the state finals...Teams like Greenfield, Perry Co, Summertown, USJC, Trousdale co, wouldn't come close to making it to a state title the year before. In 01-02 I would have loved to see South Fulton beat DCA, and then Jake would of have to have guarded Trey Pearson, probably the best ball player I have seen in tennessee high basketball.

The best move I have ever seen below the rim in a high school basketball game was in 02-03, when Caleb shook and i mean shook Johnathon Grey from Perry Co. The 2nd best move/moves would have to be in 01-02 when this little fat kid from South Fulton came in the game against DCA, and he guarded Boomer Herdon.....The boy on offense one time down the court hit a three over Boomer, then the very next time down the court he did it again and they shoved Boomer back like it was nothing, people in the stands went nuts, anyone remember this..............

The best move I have ever seen below the rim in a high school basketball game was in 02-03, when Caleb shook and i mean shook Johnathon Grey from Perry Co. The 2nd best move/moves would have to be in 01-02 when this little fat kid from South Fulton came in the game against DCA, and he guarded Boomer Herdon.....The boy on offense one time down the court hit a three over Boomer, then the very next time down the court he did it again and they shoved Boomer back like it was nothing, people in the stands went nuts, anyone remember this..............

I dint think Boomer was that good.

I remember Temple getting beat by Unaka and Rusty Chambers throwing Tyler McCann about eight or nine layups in the semi finals in 2004. They beat you and Grace Christian and took home the gold ball. I've never seen a defense get picked to pieces like that.

Cloudland has the team to do that to you this season if you guys make it. :unsure: