Trenton's Doaks is cleared to play

Tidepride

The TSSAA did overturn the ruling but  reversed the ruling again and doaks will be setting on the bench for his last game of the season! Just go watch it and see for yourself.

825581601[/snapback]

I was under the impression that the ruling was final . . . unless it was appealed by Greenfield. Is this true? And, if so, was it appealed by Greenfield?

As a Greenfield fan, I wanted him to play. I've always believed that you should beat a team at full strength if you are going to beat them when it matters.

Regardless of whether Doaks and Partee (nobody has mentioned him) play or not, it will be a tough game for both teams.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about that!!!!

TSSAA over turned the ruling. They actually said that he could have played in the last game. .......

The dunking tech was not unsportsmanlike.

825579872[/snapback]

You may have spoke too soon...If Greenfiels is as sick as being reported,Shane and company may not have a lot of energy.Things may still work out.

I checked with officials today and the TSSAA had overturned the suspension after reviewing the dunk. They felt it was not an unsportsmanlike offense and thus no suspension. They then evidently received a complaint or decided to review the situation further. After interviewing those involved, it was decided the reported actions that garnered the 2nd technical was suspendable. He will not be playing in Thursday's game. That's the official word I receivedl.

No.  The secondary appeal was not made nor had any source from Greenfield.  They learned of the reinstatement of the suspension the same time everyone else did.

825582734[/snapback]

Just wondering - the radio reported that it was final unless appealed by Greenfield.

Either way, Greenfield better be ready to play - Doaks or not. I'm sure Trenton emotions will be running high after this ordeal (insert favorite monkey and football line here, beave).

After interviewing those involved, it was decided the reported actions that garnered the 2nd technical was suspendable.  He will not be playing in Thursday's game.  That's the official word I receivedl.

825582337[/snapback]

The heart of the matter was apparently gotten to. All of the posting on each thread concerning this matter has focused more on the dunk and not on what the official gave him the 2nd technical for. Considering the fact that he had already fouled out of the game on the dunk, the official would have no reason to give him another technical unless it was warranted by something serious. This is what the TSSAA's investigation apparently focused on. I was not there but I do know the game has rules and officials are put in place to enforce those rules. If every move they make is going to be up for review & possibly be overruled by their supervisor, we are for sure going to be hurting for quality referees.

The heart of the matter was apparently gotten to. All of the posting on each thread concerning this matter has focused more on the dunk and not on what the official gave him the 2nd technical for. Considering the fact that he had already fouled out of the game on the dunk, the official would have no reason to give him another technical unless it was warranted by something serious. This is what the TSSAA's investigation apparently focused on. I was not there but I do know the game has rules and officials are put in place to enforce those rules. If every move they make is going to be up for review & possibly be overruled by their supervisor, we are for sure going to be hurting for quality referees.

825582844[/snapback]

When a player or coach is ejected, they have to review the situation. It's a legal deal.

When a player or coach is ejected, they have to review the situation.  It's a legal deal.

825583151[/snapback]

A legal deal that was apparently handled very sloppily. Why does the TSSAA keep winding up with egg on their face? The situation with the ineligible player at Cheatham County, the football fiasco with Gallatin. Why so much conflicting information. Take your time and get it right the first time people!

A legal deal that was apparently handled very sloppily. Why does the TSSAA keep winding up with egg on their face? The situation with the ineligible player at Cheatham County, the football fiasco with Gallatin. Why so much conflicting information. Take your time and get it right the first time people!

825583469[/snapback]

Sounds and looks like poor organization and leadership. No wonder people are frustrated with the T$$AA.

825583469[/snapback]

Extremely good point!