Bolivar/Waverly

carney

if ur gonna go to bolivar w/o a ticket plan on listening to the game on the radio their radio station is 96.7 bc the fire marshall is allowing 1900 people to the game and they sent 400 to waverly after they sold 1500 tickets friday morning in 25 minutes!  if u say that they arent sending waverly enough tickets for the game well atleast they sent them some bc if i remember correctly some school a couple years ago didnt send any tickets to the visitors who travel better than any school in the state

825604405[/snapback]

Interesting. The TSSAA instructions to the Division 1 Sectional games Director states.... 8C.) The visiting team shall have the opportunity to receive 50% of the tickets. Money or unsold tickets must be returned to the host school no later than 5:00 pm the day of the game.

I would think Bolivar's principal and athletic director Kessler, since he is on the TSSAA board of controls, would be aware of this.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. The TSSAA instructions to the Division 1 Sectional games Director states.... 8C.) The visiting team shall have the opportunity to receive 50% of the tickets. Money or unsold tickets must be returned to the host school no later than 5:00 pm the day of the game.

I would think Bolivar's principal and athletic director Kessler, since he is on the TSSAA board of controls, would be aware of this.

825605103[/snapback]

Evidently this policy or what ever u wanna call it is not strictly enforce because when Bol. played giles co. at their home year before last no tickets were sent. And all the faithful b-town fans had to travel nearly 200 miles hoping and praying that we could get in the game. So now this year the rule is being enforced.

I believe there were tickets sent to Bolivar, but not many people bought them. I remember talking to Mrs. Braden and she told me that tickets were sent to Bolivar and what wasn't sold would return to Giles County where they would be sold the night of the game. The way I see, Bolivar didn't do a good job of letting their fans know the tickets were on sale; therefore, they didn't sell all that was alloted to them.

Oh man talk about chaos. The game started at 7 that evening and by the time the door's opened to let people in at like 5:30 the line was already stretched to the road.

Yeah, ever since that incident the rules have been strictly enforced. Does Bolivar offer their tickets to students first or is it on a complete first-come first-serve basis?

hahaha TCROSS you find a way to amaze me once again with your stupidity!!  First off i am not a little boy I am bigger than you!  And obviously more mature than yourself.  What 40+ yr old man gets on a hs board and calls someone a little boy and computer geek. Grow up and act your age TCROSS.  You act like a 10yr. old on here sometimes.   

P.S. I AINT NO SISSY DUDE LOL LOL LOL LOL have a good day tcross.

825603764[/snapback]

and what does that suppose to me to me!! that you are bigger than me!!

I didn't want to comment on this, but I guess I'm gonna have to put in my two cents. As for the Bolivar/Giles Co. substate in 03, we were not given tickets. and trust me, there is NEVER any problem with getting the word out about tickets being presold. when a big game comes up, our fans automatically ask if and when they can buy their tickets early. and i'll say this one more time, and hopefully i can drop it forever. noone should ever say anything about mr. kessler, bc if they do, they have OBVIOUSLY never had to deal with the administration at Giles Co! They were horrible to us and it's one of those things that I will never get over. Between the administration before the game and the fans the rest of the time, it made our experience FAR from pleasant, enjoyable, or even bearable! ahhhhh...i'm done...i feel better now

waverly is a good team!! I tip my hat off to them!! however ricco does needs to be able to use his left effectively to make it to the next level!! Waverly is a good three point shooting team but cant not match up with Bolivar's two big men and the best pg in the state!!

825601696[/snapback]

:) What difference does it make if Bolivar has two big men? We have two guys that stand 6'4 and 6'6. Isn't that big too? As far as Ricco not using his left hand, why should he have to. Basketball is a team effort, not an individual effort. Waverly IS a good team, just underrated. We'll just see how good the so-called best pg in the state is when D.J. gets in his face and won't allow him to do anything.

Evidently you haven't seen Kemp play. He will have his way with who ever he wants. I saw the kid play as a freshman. He was taking Eric Howard off of the dribble at will and Howard was one of the best PG's in the state that year. Kemp will not be contained. As far as Chism & O. Kemp...well, Waverly's big men are just big boys compared to these two guys. Waverly should face it...Bolivar is going to state no matter who steps on the court Monday night!!!