HARPETH SECTIONAL GAME

harpfan57

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview will be a good site for Harpeth's sectional game with Bolivar. They did an excellent job hosting the District 9-AA Tournament and I'm sure their people will do the same for this game. It a way, it kind of makes sense since Fairview will be in the district with Harpeth next season with the district re-alignment. I guess they'll open the doors around 5:00 for the 7:00 game. I'll be there early to get a good seat behind the scoring table. Good luck Harpeth. Does anybody know anything about Bolivar?

:) How in the world are new gymnasiums designed and approved by school boards without minimum seating requirements to host TSSAA events up to the sectional level? That school is not that old and Sycamore's gym is not any bigger. Somehow I think the short term $$$ were a bigger factor than the long term benefits when these schools were built. Pretty sad.......

:)  How in the world are new gymnasiums designed and approved by school boards without minimum seating requirements to host TSSAA events up to the sectional level?  That school is not that old and Sycamore's gym is not any bigger.  Somehow I think the short term $$$ were a bigger factor than the long term benefits when these schools were built.  Pretty sad.......

825601751[/snapback]

Well said KS. Cheatham officials have never been accused of foresight. The district and region tourneys alone would create enough concession money to run our programs for years. It's the " that'l do " syndrome. Remember this stuff the next time one of those " good ole boys " wants your vote.

I agree the capacity rule is quite stupid.  Fairview is close however.

825602393[/snapback]

But 'close' is not 'home'. Harpeth is playing at a neutral site when they should be playing in the gym they practice in every day and play in half the time instead of somewhere 'close'. The advantage of winning region is negated by school board $$$. Darn bean counters! :angry:

Harpeth gym is almost too small for cross county games. Bleachers are all but on the playing floor. you guys are right, that'll do has always been a problem. That gym should've been half agian as large.

But, I see the Harpeth girls comming away winners tomorow regardless of where they play, they really had it togeather last night! GOOD GAME HARPETH!!!

I still think the sectional game should have been played at a Cheatham gym.

Reguardless of how you Harpeth folks feel, you are still Cheatham Co. residence, and not near as unique as some would want to think.

DON'T HATE !! JUST PLAY BALL!

p.s. rember to chear for your team harpeth fans ,and not aginst the other guys.