Martin Luther King and Walker Valley

BigRoyalBen

1. I watched Walker Valley's coaches leave the David Lipscomb-MLK game Friday night, they didn't exactly look "thrilled" to be playing MLK.

2. Home court advantage should be huge for Walker Valley. MLK did not have a good showing (students) in the region tourney by any means, especially their first 2 games. The last game they had some students show up, but they only stood when good things happened and when the refs were supposedly "favoring" David Lipscomb (and if you were at the game BigRoyalBen, you can't get on here after reading this and say you were standing up the entire game - I was one of the guys in the DL "student section" ... if you can call it that, a solid 15 kids, but we let everyone know we were there).

3. Doc really does not like going far away. In my opinion, he likes to be in, and I quote the Doctor himself, "HIS" gym (arrogant ... nawww). If you were at the game on Friday night, you saw his usual antics. However, these antics did not really persuade the referees to 'give in' to what he wanted. Usually, if it's at "his" gym, the refs will talk it over with him. The refs at Livingston did what they should do ... ignore him jumping around , messing with his tie , and chewing on his stick -- and focus on their job, being a referee.

I don't know how Walker Valley plays, but if they allow MLK to run on them all night ... the game most likely will not be close. It's hard for teams to beat MLK when they allow MLK to run and run on them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me some credit. BigBen may try, but he has not had nearly the impact I have had on your community.  You guys had a great season, congrats.  Maybe I'll talk to you next year.  Like I said, good luck Royals, but Go Stangs!

825604790[/snapback]

sorry, the only thing i give you credit for is being the black sheep of the lipscomb family. like i said earlier there are good and decent people who pull for lipscomb but you unfortunately are not one of them. and if you think you have made some sort of impact on the greenbrier community you are an even bigger fool than i thought. i almost feel sorry for you. im predicting two 8-aa teams to make it to the state. good luck to mlk and lipscomb.

Give me some credit. BigBen may try, but he has not had nearly the impact I have had on your community.  You guys had a great season, congrats.  Maybe I'll talk to you next year.  Like I said, good luck Royals, but Go Stangs!

825604790[/snapback]

Oh, Bombsquat---surely you jest. You are really disillusioned to think that YOU, personally, have had ANY impact on the community of Greenbrier, except for the laughs you give us from time to time when you write such arrogant things on these message board.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

I am a Lipscomb fan and, accordingly, have only seen MLK play us. However, I have a lot of respect for their program and especially the schedule that Doc plays before Xmas.

You WV people have never seen defense like what you will see from them. We finally scored 47 points on them the fourth time around (that was with OT) and felt fortunate.

You have never had to deal with a point guard that can break down a defense like Johnny Lee. If he was in a 6'2" body every major program in America would be all over him. Your quickest guy will draw this assignment and have a bad foul plagued night because of it.

MLK shot poorly against us and threw in a few turnovers. If you do not get help like that, you might as well go ahead and get ready for baseball season. It seems to be a strong program at WV.

My guess is MLK by nearly 20.

Go Royals I'd sure like to see you in the Boro. Doc alone is worth the price of admission.

I dislike Boatman and Kugler very much in fact. But I'm going to pick WV here just because I'm a HUGE fan of Coach Bob Williams.

825606748[/snapback]

what do you guys have againstCorey and Joe??? yeah they can be cocky, but what ball players arent??? i dont even go to WV but i can say for a fact that Corey, Joe, and Lebron are all really nice guys. they are awesome ball players and really deserve to win. LET'S GO 'STANGS!!!

"Refuse to lose"- Corey Boatman

WHO'S YA DADDY???-- WALKER VALLEY!!!

MLK won 68-46. All updates are on Scoreboard.

825608194[/snapback]

Well, After driving back 3 hours in the driving rain from Chattanooga it sure feels good to sit a home knowing we are headed to the State tournament in the 'Boro. As for the game last night, Walker Valley kept it close until about mid-way through the 3rd quater. In fact they took their only lead of the night in the 3rd, going up 33-32 off of a huge 3 pointer. The Royals would answer however and break the game open looking like the Royals of old. With huge nights from Gerald Robinson (18 points) and Kris Smith (25 points), the Royals are heading to the 'Boro full steam ahead, and if Johnny can step up like he has done all year with help of these 2 then the Royals could be looking for an upset of Haywood. I hope that this game can boost the Royals spirit after losing to the other Mustangs of Lipscomb. See you in the 'Boro.

BIG BEN

P.S. Yes Brier Boyz me and BombSquad, do make a good couple. We are a couple of huge basketball fans heading to the TENNESSEE STATE TOURNAMENT to see our teams play. Are you going? Oh wait thats right, you were gone a long time ago. So why don't you just, go on and get ready for baseball season, because basketball is long over for you.