Underestimating Dyersburg

bratygurll2001

What I dont understand is even after Dyersburg beat North Side, almost eveyone believed that Dyerburg was going to lose to Ridgeway but they demolished them by more than North Side did. So why is almost everyone underestimating Dyersburg? That is the question I want an answer to. But now that Dyersburg is going to state who is going to jump on the bandwagon now.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I dont understand is even after Dyersburg beat North Side, almost eveyone believed that Dyerburg was going to lose to Ridgeway but they demolished them by more than North Side did. So why is almost everyone underestimating Dyersburg? That is the question I want an answer to. But now that Dyersburg is going to state who is going to jump on the bandwagon now.

825604702[/snapback]

I am not sure many people actually thought Ridgeway could come into Dyersburg and compete. The game last night was over before it started. Good luck at the 'Boro.

825604702[/snapback]

Jackson North Side beat Ridgeway by 28 and Dyersburg by 29. Both teams deserve a lot of great. They are two really good ball teams. NS and D'Burg.

[(QOUTE)] I dont know why everybody is overestimating Dyersburg but they are overlooking a very good basketball team. First thay predict Ridgeway to come in to town and beat Dyersburg. Well that didnt happen Dyersburg blew them out of the gym. The game was over before it started. And now they predict Greeneville to beat dyersburg by like 50 points. That crazy! that just shows people have no clue what they are talking about. I got news for all the Dyersburg overlookers out there Dyersburg will beat Greeneville they will not lose. Then they are going to show a lot of people how good they really are. Dyersburg is a Great basketball team. Go lady trojans bring home that state title. All you have to do is believe. I believe in yall and will be there supporting yall the whole time, along with all the other thousands of trojan believers.GO LADY TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job to both teams for making it this far. Greeneville is a team that has made it to the boro two years in a row. With great coaches and players I dont think that its smart to go ahead and say that dyersburg will win. Greeneville has a great coach in Lynn Burkey he will prepare his team well and it should be a great match up. But with GHS making their second straight apearence in the Boro I am going to give the edge to Greeneville.

Greeneville-55

Dyersburg-48

825604702[/snapback]

I haven't seen Dyersburg play but I have seen Most of the East and Middle Tennessee Teams play. The biggest reason for the apparent lack of concern among most analysts is your strength of schedule. Aside from North-Side, Dyersburg has had no early competition. The same could be said for Ridgeway, who did not meet any until the post -season.(except for North-side)Dyersburg has been North-Sides only competition all season. Craigmont hasn't met much resistance during the regular season either although they earn some respect for their choice of Dec. tourneys.

Greeneville plays a weak district as well although IMAC does include Jefferson County. They went head to head at Thanksgiving with Harpeth Hall, Powell and Bradley-Central taking 2 out of 3. Had a big win against Cait the Great and the Heritage Mountaineers at Christmas and 3 big wins over District rival Jeff Co. The sub-state win over Oak Ridge was just huge even if Oak-Ridge stumbled some early in the season. If we seem confident , its because we have seen this team tested repeatedly.

I am sure your girls are as good as you say but if ther is any weakness down low at all as has been reported, Lynn Burkey will exploit it and his Lady Devils will have their way with you. His dynamic duo of Lyons and Manuel can wreak havoc inside. I watched 5'6" Sienna Forney hold Oak Ridge 6' Stewart to 3 points in the first half of their sub-state game and force her outside for her other 10 points.

I won't make a prediction about this game but I can say you better come ready to play hard cause you will get the game of your lives against Greeneville.

I haven't seen Dyersburg play but I have seen Most of the East and Middle Tennessee Teams play. The biggest reason for the apparent lack of concern among most analysts is your strength of schedule. Aside from North-Side, Dyersburg has had no early competition.

825607032[/snapback]

Sorry to burst your bubble, barb, but Dyersburg has played pretty stiff competition during this regular season. They have played (and beaten) 4 teams who will be in Murfreesboro this week. They are a combined 6-3 against AAA Jackson North Side, AA Westview and Obion Co, and A Peabody. Also included in Dyersburg's win column are perennial powers AA Jackson Co., last year AA state participant Crockett Co, and a pretty good Ridgeway team.

But, if you want to keep thinking that the Lady Trojans haven't seen any competition this year, then be my guest. We'll see you Thursday.

On paper, Greeneville is a decided favorite against Dyersburg. However that is why you play these things. All things considered and barring no major injuries, Greeneville should win and based on their bracket, should also advance against the WE/Oakland winner and play for the crown on Saturday night. Everyone in the other half of the bracket has a chance including high scoring Cleveland.

I just wish safe travels to all teams and that Greeneville brings home the gold.

PEOPLE....if you want to know how strong dyersburg's schedule is, then just look at the front page of coacht.com...

geeze.....get a clue before you post ....

now class, lets repeat.....just how strong is dyersbrug's schedule?

On paper, Greeneville is a decided favorite against Dyersburg. However that is why you play these things. All things considered and barring no major injuries, Greeneville should win and based on their bracket, should also advance against the WE/Oakland winner and play for the crown on Saturday night. Everyone in the other half of the bracket has a chance including high scoring Cleveland.

I just wish safe travels to all teams and that Greeneville brings home the gold.

825607094[/snapback]

lets see, dyersburg thumps greenville up at shelbyville this past summer, and that was without our district and region mvp player, and one other starter, and you think on paper that greenville is the winner?

please, explain yourself why on paper greenville is the winner? i have seen greenville, have you seen dyersburg? if so, tell us about the match-ups where greenville is better?

you might want to check harpeth halls schedule, and look at some of those results...

like harpeth beat greenville by 10, harpeth squeaks one past ridgeway, and dyersburg beats ridgeway by 30?

turn that paper your reading rightside up and you will see it says dburg baby!

Edited by mg