Oliver Springs Moves to A

OS91

With such awe inspiring clubs in the years to come, why drop? Jackson Co. and Oliver Springs are well respected AA teams that think the Gold Balls will be easier to get at the Single A level. I'm sure Lamar can let you borrow a few! Oliver Springs is moving into a strong district(2 state tournament participants), they better come prepared because these teams aren't going to concede the Lady Bobcats first place. I would easily venture that their "new" district will be a lot more taxing on them than their old one. JC thinks their new player "Goliath" automatical reserves them the trophy. Please.....try not to insult your own intellegence. I mean, you are knowledgable fans, aren't you? Your moving DOWN after all your glorious success. Sounds more like chicken than eagle. Lets go home y'all, the next 6 championships will be JC and OZ. They will be lucky if it happens once.

thumb Kaz thumb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With such awe inspiring clubs in the years to come, why drop?  Jackson Co. and Oliver Springs are well respected AA teams that think the Gold Balls will be easier to get at the Single A level.  I'm sure Lamar can let you borrow a few!  Oliver Springs is moving into a strong district(2 state tournament participants), they better come prepared because these teams aren't going to concede the Lady Bobcats first place.  I would easily venture that their "new" district will be a lot more taxing on them than their old one.  JC thinks their new player "Goliath" automatical reserves them the trophy.  Please.....try not to insult your own intellegence.  I mean, you are knowledgable fans, aren't you?  Your moving DOWN after all your glorious success.  Sounds more like chicken than eagle.  Lets go home y'all, the next 6 championships will be JC and OZ.  They will be lucky if it happens once.

thumb Kaz thumb

825607154[/snapback]

SURLY you don't really think that Jackson County or Oliver Springs chose to move down? They were placed by the TSSAA according to the size of their school enrollment. (Just like everyone else). And Jackson County does have the tallest Post ever coming up, but, don't make the mistake of thinking that Coach Brown has put all of his eggs in one basket. He never has and isn't going to start now. JC has a very strong middle school bunch coming up and the Freshman voted (best freshman player) in district 7AA this school year. While I don't think they are looking for an easy route, They are well prepared to play and win!

If it were left up to girls b-ball coaches at these two schools they would probably stay AA. The other sports in the schools that are not as strong as the girls program are the ones that do not want to stay AA. They will be able to compete in A much better. Ex: baseball, softball,boys b ball!!!!! Who would blame them???? A diffrent level of b ball in A AA AAA!!!!!

Actually I think schools cah choose to move up in classification or in this situation stay at their current position. I know teams that do this in football, but I'm not sure about basketball. I also wonder if the girls stay AA if the boys have to as well, that could have something to do with them moving to A. Now we just need someone to explain this to us.

Regal, do you need help from your buddy root-toot? I assumed you could handle a Single A fan by yourself. :lol: Don't get your dipstick in a wad, remember you've got that 6'7" amazon woman on your side. Scared?!?! Heck, welcome to small ball buddy! I guess you've had your fill of LA! :lol: I'm sure you think the girls at JC are God's gift to you, but other people in other areas think the same thing about their programs, too. So unless the girls at JC put their uniforms on a specifical different way or they wear capes, I'd say there is very little to be scared of!

thumb Kaz thumb

OS91, never heard of Kayla Brown, but Kayla Christopher is going to be a special player for the Lady Bobcats the next four years.

825607240[/snapback]

OS91 was thinking of Kayla's mother's maiden name. Some of us still refer to Coach K (Assistant Girls BB) as Brown. Kayla's blood line speaks for itself..

Regal, do you need help from your buddy root-toot?  I assumed you could handle a Single A fan by yourself. :lol: Don't get your dipstick in a wad, remember you've got that 6'7" amazon woman on your side.  Scared?!?!  Heck, welcome to small ball buddy!  I guess you've had your fill of LA! :lol: I'm sure you think the girls at JC are God's gift to you, but other people in other areas think the same thing about their programs, too.  So unless the girls at JC put their uniforms on a specifical different way or they wear capes, I'd say there is very little to be scared of!

thumb Kaz thumb

825607308[/snapback]

I need all the help I can get!!!!

Go Jackson County!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!

I need all the help I can get!!!!

Go Jackson County!!!!!  HAHAHA!!!!!

825607354[/snapback]

Thanks Regal

Her family bloodline is a special one that has a passioin for basketball. Her dad was a pretty good player at Norwood Junior high school too.

They'll play them on the court and we'll see what happens.

I do think next year could be rough for OS considering they lose four starters this season and they lost three last year. That's a lot of depth that has to be replaced and I know the incoming freshman class is going to be good, but they'll still just be first year players.

It would also be nice to have a 6'7" girl. If that girl wants to play in high school next year then she can move to Oakdale and play after the junior high season because all the students in Oakdale are in the same building and then she could have four years plus abut 10 games as an eighth grader.

Actually I think schools cah choose to move up in classification or in this situation stay at their current position. I know teams that do this in football, but I'm not sure about basketball. I also wonder if the girls stay AA if the boys have to as well, that could have something to do with them moving to A. Now we just need someone to explain this to us.

825607209[/snapback]

Football is in a different classification system. Their classification does not affect the other sports. If they would have stayed in AA so would all the other sports. It is in the rest of the schools best interest. I doubt that Jim Brown would have moved down if he could have stayed up. I also doubt he will do any schedule dodging of any AA teams that he is playing right now.