Oliver Springs Moves to A

OS91

With winning over over 120 games, 4 Disctrict Champs, 3 sub states, 2 state tourney appeareances, and 1 semifinal game in the last four years, Oliver Springs's tradition rich basketball program takes a step down to Single A

When you consider Oliver Spring's youth and Middle school talent, the following three years could easily become an encore or even better- State Championships.

With Freshman and Sophomore players like Smith, Barger, Lankford, and others then you take into account a star in the making in Kayla Christopher who has led her middle school teams to a 66-1 record the last three seasons along with other great talent, and OS looks stacked for the next four years.

Don't be surprised if OS wins 30 games the following 4 seasons.

The Lady Cat program doesnt rebuild, it reloads.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an eyefull of Oneida Saturday night at Cloudland; I then went down and caught most of the second half of Oliver Springs at Elizabethton.

Oliver Springs looks like a very good team; Oneida looks like a very good basketball team; and bear in mind that Oneida and Coalfield were low seeds in their region, so there's plenty of competition.

But I think that this is a Great Addition to Single A. In fact, call Coach Chambers and schedule a game against the Lady Rangers; contrary to what some claim, the Lady Rangers would LOVE to play the best, anywhere, anytime. I think this is a Great News!

OS played eight games against District 4A teams this year and won by an average of 20.3 points per game. OS, however, loses four starters while Coalfield and Oneida return pretty much everybody.

District 4A will be wild with two state tournament teams (Coalfield and Oneida) along with OS who went 4-0 against these teams. And don't forget Wartbug, they won the district title and district tournament title.

With winning over over 120 games, 4 Disctrict Champs, 3 sub states, 2 state tourney appeareances, and 1 semifinal game in the last four years, Oliver Springs's tradition rich basketball program takes a step down to Single A

When you consider Oliver Spring's youth and Middle school talent, the following three years could easily become an encore or even better- State Championships.

With Freshman and Sophomore players like Smith, Barger, Lankford, and others then you take into account a star in the making in Kayla Christopher who has led her middle school teams to a 66-1 record the last three seasons along with other great talent, and OS looks stacked for the next four years.

Don't be surprised if OS wins 30 games the following 4 seasons.

The Lady Cat program doesnt rebuild, it reloads.....

825604784[/snapback]

While the stats you have posted are impressive and i do admit that OS has a great girls program, they pale in comparision to the the TRUE POWERHOUSE that will be moving down to Class A. That being JACKSON COUNTY. I won't even write down all of their accomplishments as its easily seen by the 5 state championships that we have and 4 within the last 6 years at the AA level. They lose only one member off of this years squad, couple that with the 6'7 phenom (who will be in the 8th grade next year) that will arrive in two years and the only question left is who will be playing for runner-up! Its already rumored that alot of the AA teams will be dropping them off their schedule so they won't have to play them. OS might win 30 games the next four years but if you line up next to Jackson County that game won't be one of them! thumb

Edited by devilfanatic

Devil and others,

I think you need to investigate the players Oliver Springs has waiting in the wings to replace the four starters.

An eight grade class that went undefeated and won the East Tennessee Middle school champoionship will throw a couple more players to OSHS. Including in that group will be Fabulous Freshman Kayla Brown.

This Middle school program didn't win 64 of their 65 games based on luck. Single A and others had better be ready.

Devil and others,

I think you need to investigate the players Oliver Springs has waiting in the wings to replace the four starters.

An eight grade class that went undefeated and won the East Tennessee Middle school champoionship will throw a couple more players to OSHS.  Including in that group will be Fabulous Freshman Kayla Brown.

This Middle school program didn't win 64 of their 65 games based on luck.  Single A and others had better be ready.

825606787[/snapback]

Unless you have a 6'7" kid....it won't matter.