Sullivan Central vs. Bolivar Central

I live in Blountville and have seen the cougars play this year. I also saw Bolivar Central at the state last year as well as Chism who played for J. South Side. I am telling you right now there is no way Central will win. Bolivar is just unstoppable and their combination of size and quickness is awesome. I would love to see Central pull the upset and I'll be down there watching being a Tennessee High guy.But we have to be realistic here.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with phil david and jesse the cougars are sure to win. the state championship is going to be a good one go get em

SULLIVAN CENTRAL COUGARS WHAT TIME IS IT?

TIME TO GET LOUD

TIME TO GET PROUD

TIME TO REPRESNT

825609522[/snapback]

i wouldnt be so confident about that. no team that yall have played this year is even close to being as good as Bolivar. i think Bolivar wins by 15.

Cougars By 30!

Bolivar Needs To Pay For What They Did To MLK Last Year! :blink:

I Know MLK Knocked Us Out Of The Quarterfinals Last Year,But They Are Also From East Tennessee And They Were The Better Team That Night And We Didn't Get It Done!

So Good Luck Cougars,Royals,Mustangs And Roadrunners In The AA State Tourney!

825609543[/snapback]

and let me guess.....they are gonna win by 30 in 5OT.....we knocked MLK out last year and we will do the same this year IF they get by Haywood, which probably wont happen.

It sounds like Sullivan Central has had a great season. I would be proud for my team to be playing in a state game. I am not saying that Sullivan Central can not pull an upset against Bolivar because I believe on any givin night anyone can get beat. An underdog has to have help from the opponent. Like their opponent having a bad shooting night or their star player gets in foul trouble. It will also require the underdog to have their best game. I guess were I am heading with this is YOU WILL NOT BEAT THIS BOILIVAR TEAM.

Here is why I know so. I am not from Boilvar but I have watched them played.

1.) They have to much size. 6'-7",6'-9",6'-6",6'-4",6'-2" Do I need to keep listing?

2.) They are a very well coached team.

3.) They are a very disciplined team. I watch them get down 18-2 in the first quarter against a very good Liberty team and they never lost their composure.

If Liberty would have beat Humbolt in the District they would be were Humbolt is. They have played against great teams all year.

4.) They are very talented.

5.) They have several superstars. You can not count on getting their best player out with fouls. Because they have several superstars.

6.) They have probably the best pure point guard in the state, Willie Kemp. He may not score 30 a game but he controls the game.

7.) This is probably the most important. THEY ARE THE DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS.

825609662[/snapback]

Ekard, You're right on all the points you list about Bolivar. But, theres a couple of things you dont mention they have that I believe Central has and that is determination and a lot of heart! Sullivan Central players realize what they are up against but they know anything is possible and will show up ready to play!!

I live in Blountville and have seen the cougars play this year. I also saw Bolivar Central at the state last year as well as Chism who played for J. South Side. I am telling you right now there is no way Central will win. Bolivar is just unstoppable and their combination of size and quickness is awesome. I would love to see Central pull the upset and I'll be down there watching being a Tennessee High guy.But we have to be realistic here.

825609261[/snapback]

with that kind of an attitude we dont want ur support but we will send u a postcard from the second round

especially if j t money big toler is on fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m'boro bound all the way to the 3rd round !!!!!!!!!!!

i understand heart and determination, but have u stopped to consider that maybe bolivar might have just as much if not more heart and determination than central? the underdog doesnt necessarily have more heart.

825609796[/snapback]

I think all the local teams that play in district one should support the teams that make it to the state and substate from our disctrict rather than bring them down.