Sullivan Central vs. Bolivar Central

Btown, you were the one who said the Cougar's  overacheived.  I can't figure that one out, unless you have personally seen all the teams they have played.  My guess is you haven't.  If you say they overachieved, what's your take on the whole tournament.  If Bolivar does not win it all, will they be underachievers?  I doubt it.  Say what you like, but every team in the tournament earned what they got.  Every one of them deserve to be there.  Like I said earlier, there are a lot of teams who would like the opportunity to be in  the "Boro next week.

825611876[/snapback]

read my last post i didnt say they didnt earn i just said there are more talented team that didnt make it cause they played other great teams in substate, example Mitchell one of the most talented teams in the state but had to play Haywood in substate, thats a matchup of 2 top 5 teams and one didnt get to make it. thats a big YES this season will be a HUGE dissapointment if we dont win it all. i understand yall settling for less, i remember how excited i was the first time we made it after about 20 years and i didnt care if we won a game....but this year its no surprise to be here with the talent we have and we were mosts peoples pick to win it all before the season ever started. we're coming off of a state title last year and we dont expect anything less so yes it will be a dissapointment if we dont win.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they were so much bull why is it that the 2 favorites to play in the championship game, Raleigh-Egypt and Bolivar, are ranked number 1 and 2. i like the rankings on here they are the truth unlike the ap poll which really is bull.

825611574[/snapback]

Every ranking, whether it be AP or coacht, are mostly computed. They do not show a lot of information. Coacht doesn't give any ranking points to teams outside of TSSAA teams. AP mostly reflects teams up to Knoxville and rarely indicates any team east of Knoxville but Science Hill. Sullivan Central belongs in the State because they beat a good Alcoa team (Clinton was beaten by TN High) that no one east of the Tri-Cities gave them any chance to beat. I remember the Science Hill team that won the first of three State titles. Everyone east of the Tri-Cities said they had no business being in the state. Well after three titles within ten years, they have earned respect, what little Northeast TN gets, from other areas of TN. Granted the best overall quality of basketball can be found in the Memphis hotbed, BUT!!!!!!! there are some quality teams that can make a run for the title and are worthy of being in the final eight from the Tri-Cities area. Sullivan Central is one of them. Unaka is another and TN High has proven they can battle with the BIG DOGS. So! Regardless of what personal and polled opinions are, the State Title has to be settled on the hardwood. Rankings go out the window. Remember Unaka last year and you will find out that it comes down to three things....... turnovers, free throws, and HEART!!!!! Who wants it more? Good luck to EVERY TEAM that has the priviledge to play in the ELITE 8 next weekend. GOD BLESS!!!!!! thumb

B)

Edited by Stokomo

Every ranking, whether it be AP or coacht, are mostly computed. They do not show a lot of information. Coacht doesn't give any ranking points to teams outside of TSSAA teams. AP mostly reflects teams up to Knoxville and rarely indicates any team east of Knoxville but Science Hill. Sullivan Central belongs in the State because they beat a good Clinton team that no one east of the Tri-Cities gave them any chance to beat. I remember the Science Hill team that won the first of three State titles. Everyone east of the Tri-Cities said they had no business being in the state. Well after three titles within ten years, they have earned respect, what little Northeast TN gets, from other areas of TN. Granted the best overall quality of basketball can be found in the Memphis hotbed, BUT!!!!!!! there are some quality teams that can make a run for the title and are worthy of being in the final eight from the Tri-Cities area. Sullivan Central is one of them. Unaka is another and TN High has proven they can battle with the BIG DOGS. So! Regardless of what personal and polled opinions are, the State Title has to be settled on the hardwood. Rankings go out the window. Remember Unaka last year and you will find out that it comes down to three things....... turnovers, free throws, and HEART!!!!! Who wants it more? Good luck to EVERY TEAM that has the priviledge to play in the ELITE 8 next weekend. GOD BLESS!!!!!!  thumb

:o

825611955[/snapback]

tru dat

the ap poll isnt computed....journalists that cover high school sports from different parts of the state get to vote on it. by the way, Raleigh-Egypt is the only memphis team in the tournament, i dont know why everyone seems to consider Bolivar, Haywood, and Humboldt in the "memphis" category....none of the 3 are closer than an hour from memphis.

Every ranking, whether it be AP or coacht, are mostly computed. They do not show a lot of information. Coacht doesn't give any ranking points to teams outside of TSSAA teams. AP mostly reflects teams up to Knoxville and rarely indicates any team east of Knoxville but Science Hill. Sullivan Central belongs in the State because they beat a good Clinton team that no one east of the Tri-Cities gave them any chance to beat. I remember the Science Hill team that won the first of three State titles. Everyone east of the Tri-Cities said they had no business being in the state. Well after three titles within ten years, they have earned respect, what little Northeast TN gets, from other areas of TN. Granted the best overall quality of basketball can be found in the Memphis hotbed, BUT!!!!!!! there are some quality teams that can make a run for the title and are worthy of being in the final eight from the Tri-Cities area. Sullivan Central is one of them. Unaka is another and TN High has proven they can battle with the BIG DOGS. So! Regardless of what personal and polled opinions are, the State Title has to be settled on the hardwood. Rankings go out the window. Remember Unaka last year and you will find out that it comes down to three things....... turnovers, free throws, and HEART!!!!! Who wants it more? Good luck to EVERY TEAM that has the priviledge to play in the ELITE 8 next weekend. GOD BLESS!!!!!!  thumb

:D

825611955[/snapback]

Good post Stokomo. Also, Central beat Alcoa not Clinton.

Edited by bluedevils12

i dont know why everyone seems to consider Bolivar, Haywood, and Humboldt in the "memphis" category....none of the 3 are closer than an hour from memphis.

825612131[/snapback]

I referred to the quality of talent in the MEMPHIS AREA, meaning it covers the Western part of TN. There are four sections of TN, West (Memphis area), Middle North (Nashville area), Middle South(Chattanooga area), and East (Knoxville area). Bolivar is 60 miles from Memphis, Haywood (55 miles), Middleton, Jackson North and South,and Chester County (all 75 miles), and Fayette Ware (40 miles). People from the Tri-Cities are considered East TN all the way through Knoxville. Knoxville is over 100 miles from the Tri-Cities, but we are considered in that category. GOD BLESS!!!!!

:P

I referred to the quality of talent in the MEMPHIS AREA, meaning it covers the Western part of TN. There are four sections of TN, West (Memphis area), Middle North (Nashville area), Middle South(Chattanooga area), and East (Knoxville area). Bolivar is 60 miles from Memphis, Haywood (55 miles), Middleton, Jackson North and South,and Chester County (all 75 miles), and Fayette Ware (40 miles). People from the Tri-Cities are considered East TN all the way through Knoxville. Knoxville is over 100 miles from the Tri-Cities, but we are considered in that category. GOD BLESS!!!!!

:P

825612469[/snapback]

ive never really thought of it that way but i guess if thats how you wanna look at it go right ahead. out here we divide it into west tn and memphis and i just dont really like to be considered memphis. they are entirely different....we even have our seperate rankings, memphis has a top 10 and the rest of west tn has a top 10. memphis you pick which school you wanna go to, the rest of the area you go to the one you live closest to.

ive never really thought of it that way but i guess if thats how you wanna look at it go right ahead. out here we divide it into west tn and memphis and i just dont really like to be considered memphis. they are entirely different....we even have our seperate rankings, memphis has a top 10 and the rest of west tn has a top 10. memphis you pick which school you wanna go to, the rest of the area you go to the one you live closest to.

825612496[/snapback]

You right.

I couldn't agree more... I'm thinking the cougars will have a great opportunity to pull another upset and show everyone once again what we're made of.

GO COUGARS!!!! #1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb  thumb

825609180[/snapback]

:lol: Smyers your live on tv the camaras are filming hahaha

cougars all the way today hey hey!