What might have been....(Oakland + Siegel)

NumberOneTwice

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wouldn't have SRO's anymore...you would have the Central High Task Force Unit...might as well build a separate building for them too.  Could only imagine the kind of security at a school that big.

825617720[/snapback]

...but how many principals would you have??? Wow and the amount of teachers would be incredible...that school would have over 59048509485 people in it at one time...

Cant imagine the lines in the cafeteria.  or the gym i mean arena

wow it would be amazing

825617727[/snapback]

...the lunchroom would have to be the size of a normal school in order to have enough room for all the kids who would be eating at the same time...could you imagine trying to get through the halls during the class change...wow...

Rewind 2 years and cancel the contruction of Siegel High School.  Now as most people in Murfreesboro and the surrounding areas know, 4 of Siegel's 5 starters all went to Oakland (plus the first man off Siegel's bench, Rod Alexander).  Looking back the past couple of days (drowning my sorrows of our substate defeat) I began to imagine the possibilites. If Siegel had never opened, all of those players would most likely have stayed at OHS.  It makes me weak thinking how good the team could have been.  Last year, this year, and next year the team would have dominated the midstate and quite possibly made a run at a back to back to back State championships.  Man....what might have been....

825616392[/snapback]

People say the same thing about Riverdale's football team and Blackman being built.

While the thought of having combined schools in the boro is certainly intriguing, i like our schools to keep on proving the critics wrong. Every time a new school in the boro is built, people outside the boro say" oh look at this, another boro school, now all the other schools are going to struggle because the talent pool is thinning out". The talent pool isnt thinning out, but more kids are getting the chance to succed whereas if it was just Oakland and Riverdale they wouldnt. Like someone pointed, 3 of the 4 boro teams made the region tourney, which is a great accomplishment.

I would just to love to see someone to come up with a blueprint to build a central high, just to see how big the school would really be, then we could really sell elevator passes :lol:

u would have to wear ear plugs to the pep rallies cuz if students just talk and dont even cheer then u would go deal from all the noise.

but hey who would be big enough school to play against them ?

as for me i would have stayed at ohs too even though my house is now in the siegel zone. no sissy teal for me. i would never have left my football coaches cuz aint none better than those at ohs.

blackman did good in most sports its first couple of years too. i mean look at the football team. they went to the 3rd round of the playoffs. their volleyball was at state too. but now it has fizzled out.they are losing all their coaches and kids. and they have just been around since like 2001. siegel will too when they have to use the kids that are really zoned there like bhs did. their coaches will leave too. and if u admit it ohs and rhs are the only schools around that consistently have teams that win and go to state every year no matter what they keep taking away from them. check siegel in 10 years and see what they have done. then u have a right to brag.

While the thought of having combined schools in the boro is certainly intriguing, i like our schools to keep on proving the critics wrong. Every time a new school in the boro is built, people outside the boro say" oh look at this, another boro school, now all the other schools are going to struggle because the talent pool is thinning out". The talent pool isnt thinning out, but more kids are getting the chance to succed whereas if it was just Oakland and Riverdale they wouldnt. Like someone pointed, 3 of the 4 boro teams made the region tourney, which is a great accomplishment.

I would just to love to see someone to come up with a blueprint to build a central high, just to see how big the school would really be, then we could really sell elevator passes :D

825617997[/snapback]

O.G. Just imagine if Siegel would have been built when you were at Oakland. You might have actually gotten to play, hahaha.

Hey, I just passed WesVols on the all-time posters list. I'm sitting at # 6 and am just over 100 posts away from being # 5.