Tere Lumley

goldentide79

Hats of to Coach Tere Lumley and the Peabody Lady Tide Basketball team. We all knew that you had talent but it takes a special person to guide them in the right direction. You did a great job. JCM, your loss is our gain. We got a double bonus though, we also got her husband, Todd, as a Freshman football and Varsity baseball coach. Thank you JCM.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job but I have to give the credit to whom it belongs. The players should get most the credit!! No offense but I could have coached this team to the championship game!! Coach Lumley walked into a Gold mine and the two coaches before her did the same only Colvin blew it in the final game last year. The test begins next year with the returning players and upcoming freshmen. I think Lumely did an excellent job don't get me wrong because I like her but we will see her coaching expertise over the next few years. The players from the Hoffman era are completely gone now and with the 10 team district being implemented next season there will be a rebuilding phase to go through then we will find out how good the coaching really is!!

I've talked at length about the game and coaching with Tere...she knows her stuff.  She did a great job implementing new sets and reconfiguring the offense and defense to put those young ladies in the best position to win.  Congratulations Tere & the Lady Tide.

825617516[/snapback]

I agree that Coach Lumley is a fine coach. She came in implemented her system, and got positive results. On the flipside I do believe that next year we will get a chance to see how good of a coach she is. Again congrats coach roll tide!

Well, my opinion is that if you don't have the talent, you just don't have the talent and a coach cannot change that. On the other side ....you may have talent, but if your coach doesn't know what to do with it you're probably not going to reap the rewards of that talent.

It's obvious that Peabody has both the talented players and a coach that knew what to do with that talent and they came out on top........bringing home the Gold Ball and the 2005 State Champion Title.

Great job but I have to give the credit to whom it belongs. The players should get most the credit!! No offense but I could have coached this team to the championship game!! Coach Lumley walked into a Gold mine and the two coaches before her did the same only Colvin blew it in the final game last year. The test begins next year with the returning players and upcoming freshmen. I think Lumely did an excellent job don't get me wrong because I like her but we will see her coaching expertise over the next few years. The players from the Hoffman era are completely gone now and with the 10 team district being implemented next season there will be a rebuilding phase to go through then we will find out how good the coaching really is!!

825617434[/snapback]

Gleason should be the favorite to win the district next year, but Trenton should be one of the better teams in the district again next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see them and Gleason go head to head again next year for a district championship.

Well, the state tournament was all I thought it would be! There were some surprises in each classification. But what a tournament. Congratulations to the 5 starters and the ever dependable subs. What a talent to be able to accomplish so much with so many changes every season! This was a well deserved win for these special friends, called the Lady Tide, and a big Welcome to Coach Lumley. She should have so many more good years with Peabody and Rakeshia Perry. What a freshman.

Well, the state tournament was all I thought it would be! There were some surprises in each classification. But what a tournament. Congratulations to the 5 starters and the ever dependable subs. What a talent to be able to accomplish so much with so many changes every season! This was a well deserved win for these special friends, called the Lady Tide, and a big Welcome to Coach Lumley. She should have so many more good years with Peabody and Rakeshia Perry. What a freshman.

825618496[/snapback]

And don't forget about Chelle Yancy............yes, she's Robert Yancy's older sister.