Will Tyler Smith go to UT now?

Gerry Bertier

Reports out of Knoxville tonight say that men's head basketball coach Buzz Peterson has been fired from his post. Buzz in four years at UT was 61-59 and never made it to the NCAA Tournament. Tyler Smith has committed to UT, but now with Buzz gone will he honor that commitment or will he go somewhere else? I think the best thing for Tyler would be to go somewhere else at this point. I am a huge UT fan and hope Tyler stays, but in the best interest of Tyler he needs to go somewhere else. What is everyone else's opinions?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Reports out of Knoxville tonight say that men's head basketball coach Buzz Peterson has been fired from his post. Buzz in four years at UT was 61-59 and never made it to the NCAA Tournament. Tyler Smith has committed to UT, but now with Buzz gone will he honor that commitment or will he go somewhere else? I think the best thing for Tyler would be to go somewhere else at this point. I am a huge UT fan and hope Tyler stays, but in the best interest of Tyler he needs to go somewhere else. What is everyone else's opinions?

825617354[/snapback]

Tyler Smith should be wearing Louisville Cardinal red & white next year. The Cards already have the nation's #1 recruiting class coming in next year to a team that loses Garcia, Myles, and O'Bannon. At Louisville Tyler could play right away AND he could be apart of a winning program because Tennessee is certainly not gonna be doing a whole lot of that in the next couple of years thumb

at tennessee tyler should get some playing time and i think that he would fit in with the program. i am a kentucky fan and on the kentucky recruiting website there was no interest in tyler smith. im not sure if he is good enough to come in to a big time basketball program and be productive. im not taking anything away from tyler, he's a great player. i've seen him play and i think that he fits in there program.

are you sure about that catfish? that louisville has #1 recruiting class. duke has a lot of top players committed. duke has the #3, 19, 28, 78 players in the top 100.

Edited by whosyadaddy

Tyler Smith should be wearing Louisville Cardinal red & white next year.  The Cards already have the nation's #1 recruiting class coming in next year to a team that loses Garcia, Myles, and O'Bannon.  At Louisville Tyler could play right away AND he could be apart of a winning program because Tennessee is certainly not gonna be doing a whole lot of that in the next couple of years thumb

825617366[/snapback]

You are an idiot. When tyler actualy tried (which was in every game his team was expected to be challenged in) he was the best player I have ever seen in person. Tyler will be on the all conference freshman team if he goes to Tennessee.

Guest catfish-hunter
at tennessee tyler should get some playing time and i think that he would fit in with the program.  i am a kentucky fan and on the kentucky recruiting website there was no interest in tyler smith.  im not sure if he is good enough to come in to a big time basketball program and be productive.  im not taking anything away from tyler, he's a great player.  i've seen him play and i think that he fits in there program.

are you sure about that catfish?  that louisville has #1 recruiting class.  duke has a lot of top players committed.  duke has the #3, 19, 28, 78 players in the top 100.

825617371[/snapback]

I heard Dick Vitale say during the Louisville-Memphis Saturday night ESPN game 2 WEEKS ago that Louisville had the best incoming freshman class in America. You know how he can sometimes get caught up in the moment when he starts raving about coaches like Rick Pittino, Mike Krzyzewski, etc. but if he said it, then right now I'm repeating it because he knows his basketball.

Hey jmu031, what the heck are you talking about moron??? I just said that Tyler should go to Louisville and play right away. Unless I'm mistaken, that is quite an achievement if you ask me. Louisville is a team that will make a run deep into this year's NCAA tourney, BANK ON IT. All conference freshman team??? Nobody mentioned anything about that instead of you okay Page Patriot boy thumb

Chuck Benson sure was key in when we lost Cory Brewer to Florida so maybe he'll be on the way out too.  It's a shame Buzz got fired by the way.

825617430[/snapback]

It is a shame that Buzz was fired. I was one of the big Buzz supporters. But a little after word got out. An asst. coach called the news sentinel to see if the rumor was true and said his boss was interested. So who knows what will happen... I will support Tyler in whatever he chooses to do. I do know that it will be hard for him since him and Buzz had such a close relationship.

thumb

I hope Tyler will keep his commitment to UT. I know a player of his caliber will be gladly welcomed by whoever comes into Knoxville. However, I wonder if Dotson will stay with UT. Not because he wants to or not, but rather does the coach want him. I know there have been a lot of question marks surrounding him as an SEC caliber player. Back to Tyler though. If he stays and gets Jamont Gordon to come, between those 2 and Lofton they could have a good team. I think Tyler would make an immediate impact at UT much like Lofton, and I'm sure Jamont would as well. It will be very interesting to see. Does anyone know why Tyler wanted to go to UT in the first place? Was Buzz really a deciding factor, because if he wasn't I'm sure Tyler will stay.

I hope Tyler will keep his commitment to UT. I know a player of his caliber will be gladly welcomed by whoever comes into Knoxville. However, I wonder if Dotson will stay with UT. Not because he wants to or not, but rather does the coach want him. I know there have been a lot of question marks surrounding him as an SEC caliber player. Back to Tyler though. If he stays and gets Jamont Gordon to come, between those 2 and Lofton they could have a good team. I think Tyler would make an immediate impact at UT much like Lofton, and I'm sure Jamont would as well. It will be very interesting to see. Does anyone know why Tyler wanted to go to UT in the first place? Was Buzz really a deciding factor, because if he wasn't I'm sure Tyler will stay.

825617436[/snapback]

I don't think unless UT is able to get some nice experienced recruits in the post, it doesn't matter who UT gets to coach them next year, as it would be a struggle.

Their post game will be almost non-existent.

Wingate regressed horribly down the stretch this year.

Patterson shows flashes, but he's only 6-7

Hendrix leaves a lot to be desired on both ends of the floor.

Chuck Benson sure was key in when we lost Cory Brewer to Florida so maybe he'll be on the way out too.  It's a shame Buzz got fired by the way.

825617430[/snapback]

It didn't help that UT whiffed (or took Bradshaw) over Humphrey.

Not saying that Lee would be the difference maker for the Vols, but JMO, UT gets Lee they also get Brewer, with their AAU friendship.

Guest catfish-hunter
at tennessee tyler should get some playing time and i think that he would fit in with the program.  i am a kentucky fan and on the kentucky recruiting website there was no interest in tyler smith.  im not sure if he is good enough to come in to a big time basketball program and be productive.  im not taking anything away from tyler, he's a great player.  i've seen him play and i think that he fits in there program.

are you sure about that catfish?  that louisville has #1 recruiting class.  duke has a lot of top players committed.  duke has the #3, 19, 28, 78 players in the top 100.

825617371[/snapback]

I just looked it up and maybe Dickie V was right. Louisville has got the #18, #37, #53, #69, #87, #99 players commited for next year, WHOA!!! That does not even include the fact that Brian Johnson will be a freshman next year after having surgery to repair a torn ACL this past November.

Another youngster who'll be eligable for the Cards next year is David Padgett, who transferred from Kansas this past off season. Padgett will be a sophomore next year along with Juan Palacios, Lorenzo Wade, and Terrence Farley.

The Cards are losing O'Bannon, Myles, George, and probably Garcia. Returning veterans will be Taquan Dean, Brad Gianiny, Brandon Jenkins, and Perrin Johnson. Dean is the only upperclassman on that list that will be a senior next year, which proves that the Cards will be young next year.