Week 0: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

CROW AINT-A COMIN UP????

I cant wait to see the intense practice the DOGS will endure this week...Well, I suspect I will HEAR more than i'll see due to coaching youth FB just a few yards away...It will be a challenging week as we  prepare for the invasion of mad bunch of injuns...Come Friday, all better have the helmets strapped on tight!!!

Edited by uknoit2

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How complicated can it be to sit on a Scarecrow's Shoulder.......who you meeting with?  Other Crows? :huh:  I get so jacked for this one, I might ask to shoot that cannon once or twice.   Dangerous=Oneida........Super Dangerous=Oneida after a loss

Here we go......!!!!!

Kaz

Nah, I have to renew my advanced cardiac life support certification. I'd love to go but it's an all day deal.

You might have to use that training on me after last week.  Interesting conversation concerning that controversial "fumble for a first down".  The guys doing the chains said from their vantage point the guy that picked up the ball was actually short of the marker.  Oneida's coaches and players were asking for a measurement and the referee did not give them one.  At that moment, in that situation, how could you not have checked it?  If they were wrong....no harm done, but what if the player WAS short?  This game, to my knowledge, is not going to effect the playoffs, but it seems little harm would have come from granting a request for the chains to be brought out.  I can't wait for the rubber match....!

How the Bulldogs snappin' this week Pujo.....are you all gonna ground and pound (we likin' the sound of that) or conduct an air raid?  The politically correct answer here is a little bit of both! :thumb:

:roflol: Kaz  :roflol:   

You might have to use that training on me after last week.  Interesting conversation concerning that controversial "fumble for a first down".  The guys doing the chains said from their vantage point the guy that picked up the ball was actually short of the marker.  Oneida's coaches and players were asking for a measurement and the referee did not give them one.  At that moment, in that situation, how could you not have checked it?  If they were wrong....no harm done, but what if the player WAS short?  This game, to my knowledge, is not going to effect the playoffs, but it seems little harm would have come from granting a request for the chains to be brought out.  I can't wait for the rubber match....!

How the Bulldogs snappin' this week Pujo.....are you all gonna ground and pound (we likin' the sound of that) or conduct an air raid?  The politically correct answer here is a little bit of both! :thumb:

:roflol: Kaz  :roflol:

Mainly a passing team ,but we'll run it a little also Kaz.Actually its a very balanced offence.I'm sure if we can find something thats working,we'll keep doing it ,if nothings working,we'll punt. lol

Your very good at saying something while saying very little.  They kept me in the "Bunker" for two years for that training and occasionally Lambert has to smack me up the side of the head like DeNozzo to remind me to stick to the book.  I do think it is safe info to say your got to watch every kid out there that is a run option because they spread it around and all 7 or 8 of them go down hill quick.  Our QB's rotated the first game until one of them cramped up a bit, they both seemed suited for what they were supposed to do and I would expect them to get better as we go along ....just like the whole team should.

kazzert

Your very good at saying something while saying very little.  They kept me in the "Bunker" for two years for that training and occasionally Lambert has to smack me up the side of the head like DeNozzo to remind me to stick to the book.  I do think it is safe info to say your got to watch every kid out there that is a run option because they spread it around and all 7 or 8 of them go down hill quick.  Our QB's rotated the first game until one of them cramped up a bit, they both seemed suited for what they were supposed to do and I would expect them to get better as we go along ....just like the whole team should.

kazzert

I've already watched you're game Kaz, you're asessment is spot on.Being honest about our attack,we put it in the air more than any Hampton team ever, but you know us,we'll never abandon the running game.I thought you guys looked solid in all aspects of the game,you we're the better team the other night, but the best team don't always win.Don't get me wrong, Rockwood was solid as well,kept it close the whole night and give themselves a chance at the end.Tough way to lose a game. We'll have to plkay our butts off to compete with you guys Friday night. Hope our guys understand the challenge at hand. You don't remind me of Unicoi.

Don't know if there is a live stream but I think our local sportswriter posts updates on one of them fancy devices (twitter, coacht, FB....?) and sends it out as the game goes on.  I'm usually attending so I don't follow where he sends it to....and because I'm a technological idiot!!! :huh: That what I look like with a smart phone in hand.

Kazzy

I've already watched you're game Kaz, you're asessment is spot on.Being honest about our attack,we put it in the air more than any Hampton team ever, but you know us,we'll never abandon the running game.I thought you guys looked solid in all aspects of the game,you we're the better team the other night, but the best team don't always win.Don't get me wrong, Rockwood was solid as well,kept it close the whole night and give themselves a chance at the end.Tough way to lose a game. We'll have to plkay our butts off to compete with you guys Friday night. Hope our guys understand the challenge at hand. You don't remind me of Unicoi.

Who in the world compared Oneida to Unicoi??!! :huh:

IDK......however, we should be able to quickly expel that thought.  I was a little stunned by glaring bust on the touchdown pass last week for two reasons:  It was late in the game and the ball was thrown to Rockwood's Most Dangerous Player. (Long)  I'm not being critical of the coaches because I'm sure #1 was brought up in conversation several times through the week and during the game......that was just a really bad bust. 

Kaz

Hampton is gonna be a tough game as yall have said they are pretty balanced on offense. Ive never seen a Hamptom team that wasn't pretty big and didn't have a little stink in their tail when it comes to being physical. I think for Oneida to get a win on the road against a good team we are gonna have to eliminate the turnovers and make a big special teams play... You know the old saying the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win, play for and make the breaks and when one comes our way score, press the kicking game here is where the game is won.....its simple football B)

GO BIG OR GO HOME :hungry:

IDK......however, we should be able to quickly expel that thought.  I was a little stunned by glaring bust on the touchdown pass last week for two reasons:  It was late in the game and the ball was thrown to Rockwood's Most Dangerous Player. (Long)  I'm not being critical of the coaches because I'm sure #1 was brought up in conversation several times through the week and during the game......that was just a really bad bust. 

Kaz

Kaz, it ain't over till it's over....I'd say ur boys have now learned that lesson and we will be hard pressed to find them lagging on D.

bigtime has it correct...If the hot ride here doesn't wear on those injuns it'll come down to who made the fewest mistakes...These DOGS need a good outing WITHOUT THOSE STUPID PENALTIES to beat Oneida!