Week 6: Rockwood at Greenback

BigDave1967

I think Rockwood plays a great game but comes up a little short. I like Greenback at home. Of course I am counting on a tough hard fought game with neither team turning the ball over an unusual amount of times. I know turnovers are as much of the game as anything else, I just don't want to see one of the two with 4 turnovers. That is not what these teams do. I want to see them battle it out and scheme the offense against the defense. I would love to the kids execute the game plan the coaches install and let the best team win. As always hoping for an injury free game. This one is shaping up to be a good as the playoff picture begins to develop.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood actually had more yards than Meigs, but the Tigers from Roane County made a lot of mistakes. They threw a pair of pick sixes as well as throwing another pick at their own 30. On offense, RW turned it over on downs at the 1 and 10 as well fumbling it on the MC 23 if I remember correctly. Meigs, however, was very impressive. They took away RW's ground game and they had one guy on offense that was a stud. When that game was over, I couldn't figure out how GB beat them so bad unless they played like RW that night.

Rockwood actually had more yards than Meigs, but the Tigers from Roane County made a lot of mistakes. They threw a pair of pick sixes as well as throwing another pick at their own 30. On offense, RW turned it over on downs at the 1 and 10 as well fumbling it on the MC 23 if I remember correctly. Meigs, however, was very impressive. They took away RW's ground game and they had one guy on offense that was a stud. When that game was over, I couldn't figure out how GB beat them so bad unless they played like RW that night.

This is exactly why i was so frusfrated after the Coalfield game,GB is a really good team when the offense plays to its potential and against CHS we looked(not very good)CHS is just and average 1A team and we played down that game.Against OHS the offense again just didnt show that flame we usually have(OHS is a really good team tho).The D has played pretty good all season other than the first game at SW but they got it going in the fourth quarter of that game.And i will be honest if we dont get that flare back(put it this way,this game concerns me)!Against Meigs we just played GB football and put em away early in the third. Edited by orngnblk

rockwood by 14. just going off seeing gb and coalfeild play chs played awful and still should have won the game. chs dropped a td pass on first drive and dropped a few more big plays on offense during the game. they also had alot of mysterious holding calls once the drove inside the gb 40 that night. rw will be too physical for the kees on this night. rw 21-7.

Edited by Polarsloth

I still like Greenback in this one. Playing at home, these boys seem to take pride in defending the home turf. Rockwood will put up a good fight early, but as someone else mentioned. I think they just run out of gas late in the game. Of course I have been wrong before. Should be a fun one to see