Science Hill/DB. Halloween Showdown.

Aussie2TN

This has been one heckuva football game. High school football at its finest. There is A LOT of talent on both of these high school teams. Thank you to CoachT.com for bringing the action to us live. Good broadcasting and coverage. I am a DB graduate and have followed Tribe football since I was yung'un. This year's team is by far one of the best and well rounded Indian teams I have ever seen. They never give up and no one player is singled out as "the Best". They may have lost this game, but watch out for the Tribe. My guess is they will go far in their championship run! ROLL TRIBE ROLL.

ummm......most of what you say I agree with but two things you say are way off. Not blaming the players here but this years defense is the worst I have seen at DB. At least in the past 20 years. And for that reason there will be no championship run. Not a well rounded team by any stretch.

You're probably right, but he has accomplished things at SH that haven't been done since the '80's and early '90's. It wasn't too long ago when many of the DB faithful here believed that Carter would never beat DB, no matter what school he coached at. Nothing wrong with giving props when they're due.

I'll have to see Carter without McGue to decide if he's a good coach. I think I could of coached SH to a 9-1 record with McGue at QB.  I will give Carter props for playing him at QB. Clark would of put him at receiver.

Great Game. Watched by the fire. Not a bad live broadcast. No graphics or replay, but Ok.

I believe it's about time to acknowledge Stacy Carter as one of the best, if not the best coach in Upper East Tennessee. Roll Toppers!!!

Pound for pound Carter has fielded arguably one of the most athletic teams in the state for the last two year. If he was THAT coach he would have been and would be competing for a State Championship. There are SEVERAL coaches in UET that do much more with much less. Clark being one of those coaches. JMO

Edited by Cap1

Pound for pound Carter has fielded arguably one of the most athletic teams in the state for the last two year. If he was THAT coach he would have been and would be competing for a State Championship. There are SEVERAL coaches in UET that do much more with much less. Clark being one of those coaches. JMO

No way. DB has just has many athletes at their school as SH. Both schools are blessed with a ton of athletic talent.

What Carter has managed to do and should be given credit for is actually getting the kids at SH excited about football again. When I was there, we had the same athletic talent they have there today but no one wanted to play football (and that was just a few years ago). He's done a great job bringing the program back to life.

Edited by Aussie2TN

our D coordinator needs to go coach elementary football ..just go bye bye with your rants

LOL. That's good. A rant is defined as " "to talk in a loud, wild, extravagant way;declaim violently."  I was simply commenting my personal opinion which you have so eloquently replied. And opinions, which as most know are like assholes, we all have one and they all stink. I agree about the defensive coordinator to an extent. I guess we will see what happens in the days to come.

ummm......most of what you say I agree with but two things you say are way off. Not blaming the players here but this years defense is the worst I have seen at DB. At least in the past 20 years. And for that reason there will be no championship run. Not a well rounded team by any stretch.

As in life, all observations are a matter of perspective. Someone will always see it differently. THIS year's Indians' team in my opinion, is much more well-rounded than Indians team's of the past. I agree, the defense could use some work but I have seen some games this season where the defense won the game. It's been some time since DB has actually had an offense that possessed both a decent passing game AND a ground game. So all in all I'm comfortable saying this year's DB Indians are a well-rounded team. Especially when compared to Indians team's from days past. As far as their future performance in the 2014 playoffs, that remains to be seen. The reality of it all is that it's doubtful that ANY team from the Tri-Cities area will get a playoff win against most of the middle and west Tenn. teams. This includes the only other team I consider well-rounded...Science Hill.

I know it's 2 weeks away but I figured I'd go ahead and start this. You all know you're ready for it. Who wins and why? Let's go..........

Thought it kinda funny that the post above, which was the thread starter, could now be re-used for an anticipated 2nd round rematch.

Does anyone have overall stats?  Really interested in turnovers.  I know Science Hill scored on 3 DB turnovers and that DB had 4 turnovers I heard?

I don't remember SH having any turnovers. DB did have 4 (2 fumbles and 2 interceptions).

The Toppers had 429 total yards of offense to DB's 402.

I'll have to see Carter without McGue to decide if he's a good coach. I think I could of coached SH to a 9-1 record with McGue at QB.  I will give Carter props for playing him at QB. Clark would of put him at receiver.

A lack of athletes was never the problem at SH, which is what baffled those of us in Johnson City during the "dark times." I believe Carter has been grooming a successor to McGue, so we shall see.