Gallatin at Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great effort by both teams tonight. On Mt. Juliet's senior night, their kids played their hearts out. Gallatin players showed great maturity and resolve after a turnover and going down 7 with 1:24 to go to pick themselves up and march down the field to pull off the victory. Great win! Keep building momentum into the playoffs!! Go Green Wave!!!

Edited by TheRealTruth

Questionable calls both ways, but I thought overall they made the calls correctly and by the book. Gallatin shot themselves in the foot by having 4 turnovers. Luckily MJ misses 4 field goals, (Gallatin missed one too) so it balances out.

I couldn't convince you otherwise if the world depended on it. However it must have been an epic game. We said it all week and we knew it was going to be a one possession game for either team. MJ does not need to take this too hard... They are playing many young players and have a bright future. Who knows we still might make the playoffs. Gallatin has surely made the playoffs and we'll deserved at that. Oh yeah and WCP glad to see your old self back at it again...

I couldn't convince you otherwise if the world depended on it. However it must have been an epic game. We said it all week and we knew it was going to be a one possession game for either team. MJ does not need to take this too hard... They are playing many young players and have a bright future. Who knows we still might make the playoffs. Gallatin has surely made the playoffs and we'll deserved at that. Oh yeah and WCP glad to see your old self back at it again...

When a team can't beat anyone with a winning record they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. 

Man, it was a great game! Don't try and say the flags were undeserved. Undisciplined play after the whistle will get you that. MJ played their hearts out. Nothing to be ashamed of.

When your team has 4 turnovers and still wins something has to be going right. The 14-14 halftime lead stayed true until around the 6 minute mark of the 4th qtr. The two teams swapped the lead and 29 pts in the final minutes. After MJ scored with 1:24 secs left I knew it would take some huge plays. Dee Redding came through in the clutch with some huge catches in the :42 it took to score. Nick Tuck made a great 7 yard dive in the endzone for the final td. The 2 pt conversion was huge and Meador made that happen. Then Gallatin has to hang on with Chowbay making some big throws to get into Fg range. The 47 yard attempt goes wide as the final second ticks off. I have never seen a team miss 4 fgs in one game before. Little Mahler was the spark for MJ, what a tough guy to bring down. MJ helped the Wave cause with some terrible penalties. Really proud of Gallatin and the fan support after the game. Great win tonight!!

Congrats to Gallatin on the win last night !

MJ killed themselves with penalties ( personal fouls ) . There were missed calls on both sides by the refs. The refs didn't decide the outcome.

What a great game. Both teams played their hearts out.

Good luck to Wave the rest of the year!

Edited by BKisler

Awesome game.  MJ got all the calls in the first half, but they seem to have gone in favor of the Wave in the 2nd.  Banks and Redding had a huge game, combining for over 300 yards of offense.  Also, does anybody have an injury update on Mason?  I saw that they had his ankle iced and elevated.  Hopefully just a sprain, because we are going to need him going into the playoffs.  Great win for Gallatin, and hats off to MJ for fighting till the last second.  Their record doesn't indicate the grit of that team.  Go Green Wave!

Awesome game. MJ got all the calls in the first half, but they seem to have gone in favor of the Wave in the 2nd. Banks and Redding had a huge game, combining for over 300 yards of offense. Also, does anybody have an injury update on Mason? I saw that they had his ankle iced and elevated. Hopefully just a sprain, because we are going to need him going into the playoffs. Great win for Gallatin, and hats off to MJ for fighting till the last second. Their record doesn't indicate the grit of that team. Go Green Wave!

Look who's back.