Gallatin at Mount Juliet

MJGOLDENBEARS

I don't think Gallatin is the favorite at all. Gallatin has never won at MJ's new facility. MJ also has 600 more students than Gallatin. MJ has played the tougher schedule as well. MJ has also rested an extra week, sorry wasn't supposed to mention that LOL! Gallatin also has a few injured that we all hope will get back to the field. Gallatin is definitely the underdog in this game. Not by much granted.

MJ hasn't beaten a team with a winning record. They've also lost their last 3. They've played a tougher schedule but it sure didn't help them when they played Beech (a home game). Isn't one of your lineman (Case) out for awhile? Pulling for the Bears but believe GHS wins by 10. Your right GWave about the Wave never winning in MJ's new facility but, Roger is no longer coaching.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ hasn't beaten a team with a winning record. They've also lost their last 3. They've played a tougher schedule but it sure didn't help them when they played Beech (a home game). Isn't one of your lineman (Case) out for awhile? Pulling for the Bears but believe GHS wins by 10. Your right GWave about the Wave never winning in MJ's new facility but, Roger is no longer coaching.

This comment has substance, I hate to say I'm on the same page as you here. As I look back at Thegreatone36 point about MJ coming off a bye week, it seems to be more reasonable the more I think about it. If MJ would have played Gallatin the week following the Hville loss, I would definitely have picked Gallatin to win. This bye week gives me confidence that MJ could heal up, boost morale, gain confidence, and pick up a philosophy to win the game. Will they achieve? I guess we will find out. However the bye week is actually a huge benefactor in the game, hate to admit it but I've come to that conclusion.

Glad to see your back even if it's only for a little while. How do you feel about this year so far?

I'll be around. Just takes a commitment to post regularly. Overall good. I would like to see Gallatin get the chance to play Springfield or Beech again. I would like to have seen a few more kids play that are not like Brett Neelly. He is getting major DI offers as a thrower in track. He would have helped at 6'7" 240 lbs. He has a bright future in track.

This year seems like a complete 180 from early season to now. The kids that are there have worked hard and really come together. It has been good to see the QB come back from injury and play the way he has over the last several games. It is exciting to know Banks is a junior and Mason just a sophomore. Gallatin has big kids and skill kids to compete with most everyone but, I think quality depth at certain positions may become crucial in post season as it was early season. I feel with all the young talent currently starting/playing, Gallatin has a bright future and will finish strong this year with hopefully another deep run.   

1980 GHS. 2. MJHS 0

1981 MJHS 27. GHS 20

1982 GHS 14. MJHS 7

Defense for both had a lot more teeth

That 1980 game is reguarded as one of the best games in Gallatin's history. There were 10000 fans at that game and several deep around the field. I believe both were ranked very high in the state at that time.

One I remember very vividly was the 86' game won by Mt Juliet on a last second 45 yard fg. That was a devestating loss. Final score was 8-7 I believe.