Class 1A Quadrent 3. 5 teams in AP top 10 are in quad 3 loaded quad!j

gtripledip

NCS (tied for 1st in district)

Columbia Acadamy (district champs)

Huntland (tied for 1st in district)

Wayne County (district champs)

Clarksville Academy (tied for 1st in district)

Over records for these five teams is 36-5. Wow! quad 3 loaded!!!!!!! It's possible that 4 district campions could be in this quad. Not sure who the 6th team would be. It's also possible that you could win your district and be a 2 seed. You could finish 2nd in you district and be a 5 seed. Sound crazy doesn't it. Some of the other quads will have 2 or 3 teams with losing records in it. The winner of quad 3 will probably be takin on UC from quad 4. No team from quads 1 or 2 can compete with the winner of quad 3 or 4. It will make for some good football.

Edited by gtripledip

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS (tied for 1st in district)

Columbia Acadamy (district champs)

Huntland (tied for 1st in district)

Wayne County (district champs)

Clarksville Academy (tied for 1st in district)

Over records for these five teams is 36-5. Wow! quad 3 loaded!!!!!!! It's possible that 4 district campions could be in this quad. Not sure who the 6th team would be. It's also possible that you could win your district and be a 2 seed. You could finish 2nd in you district and be a 5 seed. Sound crazy doesn't it. Some of the other quads will have 2 or 3 teams with losing records in it. The winner of quad 3 will probably be takin on UC from quad 4. No team from quads 1 or 2 can compete with the winner of quad 3 or 4. It will make for some good football.

You can't have it both ways fellers,everyone cries and say the AP is a joke but now its the gospel.

I started to call him out on it earlier. He's bashed the AP all year. 

Yep reckonn so,LOL.  For my part of it, I don't think its right ,nor has it been right. The top 2 looks good,but the rest is a mangled up mess. If these other 8 played 2 or 3 games  against each other,you'd have a different outcome nearly every time.

You can't have it both ways fellers,everyone cries and say the AP is a joke but now its the gospel.

Let's be honest - the poll is now valid because Clarksville Academy his slipped in.  They better enjoy it while it lasts (about 2 weeks - and one of those Fridays they have a bye) because they are going to get a serious beat down in the big city down I-24.

Edited by stirringitup

lol I never said I liked or agreed with the AP poll. 2nd week for the Cougars to be in it. You boys from quads 1 and 2 sure don't like to hear about the strength of quad 3.

The AP poll has nothing to do with those five teams combined record of 36-5. Who from quad 1 or 2 can stack up with these five teams. "No-Body".

The Cougars are looking foward to the trip to NCS, who also happens to be in the same quad. Doesn't matter which team wins as far as quads 1 and 2 are concerned cause will still both be there.

The main point of my post was not the AP poll, it was the part about having 3 district camps in the quad and the possibility 4 district champs in the Quad!

Guest hevyrevy1611

These polls.. ha. Sure, I like them as a fan, it boosts the ego, but on the field we all know it's often different. A few years back undefeated Dresden had earned the #1 ranking in all of single A (for first time ever I think), then in week 10 them dadgum Huntingdon Mustangs gave us a woodshed thrashing. (Will we ever beat them?) I am SO glad I am not a betting man, that year I would have pawned everything I had and bet that we'd win. One never knows what will happen. If I thinking right (don't bet on that either, ha!), the top-tier premier teams and coaches try and teach their players to ignore polls and press clippings. They'll screw up your focus and the mental part of the game. It's only for us fans, family members & friends of players, alumni, etc. Polls are for bragging rights, perhaps looks good on resumés and college apps, maybe even helps in selling more ticket$, which i$ what it'$ all about anyway$, right? (I just had to go there, ha!).

Was Wayne, Perry Co, Jo Byrns and Huntington all in same quad a few years ago? Not sure. Years start running together in my older years.

2011, WC beat a very good Huntingdon team on the road to make it to the semi finals against West Carroll in which WC won 33-0! I said all along that the two best teams WC faced that year was Huntingdon and Clarksville Academy. I thought either of those two would have won the gold had they beat WC. Edited by wildcat89

2011, WC beat a very good Huntingdon team on the road to make it to the semi finals against West Carroll in which WC won 33-0! I said all along that the two best teams WC faced that year was Huntingdon and Clarksville Academy. I thought either of those two would have won the gold had they beat WC.

It means nothing now, but do you think Wayne County played bad in the championship game? It was 20-14 Wayne County with about 6 minutes left. SP had the ball first and goal at the 4. A bad snap and penalty later, we don't score and Wayne drives to salt the game away adding a score to win the gold 27-14. I've just never understood the logic of what your saying. That was a very good state championship game. Huntingdon was just as good as SP and Wayne County in 2011, but Clarksville Academy wasn't in the ballpark. Edited by TheAmbassador